Still desperately searching for a Wii?

miramia621

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2007
I am officially one of those parents whom I make fun of.
I have been trying to get my kids a Wii for Christmas, at RETAIL price, thankyouverymuch, for the past couple of days (I know, some of you have been trying for weeks--I've read posts), through various methods. What I did most was go to Amazon.com at 1:00 am to see if one popped up there, because I'd heard you can possibly get lucky by clicking on Wii's as soon as they are added to the site. I was extremely discouraged and had pretty much decided I would have to put a picture of a Wii under the tree, and then get it after Christmas.
HOWEVER--this tip I read on one of these online forums worked, and I now have a Wii for my kids for $249.00!
Deciding to take a last-ditch effort, I took off from work today (that's the mom-I-make-fun-of behavior) and called various places, rushing here and there (Toys R Us had them while I was at Game Stop! It seems like such a guessing game-or crapshoot, more likely).
I was so mad about the people who were selling them on EBay for $600.00 and up (and I bet the price gets higher each day now, until Christmas), because it didn't seem like I would be able to get my hands on one.
Anyway, I had talked to a guy in electronics at Wal-Mart last evening, and he told me trucks come in on random days between 10 and 2. Well,feeling like I'd wasted a day, I went into Wal-Mart at 10:00, had a magazine to pass the time, and stood there in front of the Wii consoles cabinet. Within 10 minutes I saw employees bringing out boxes on carts (so I knew a truck had come in). No one knew if there were Wii's, and one guy told me they weren't getting any 'til after Christmas (don't believe this--I also had heard from two Wal-Mart employees they hadn't gotten them in for 3 weeks, which was false). After waiting only 15 minutes, a woman pushed out a cart of deliveries, and she asked me what I needed. I told her, and she said, "I've got one right here."
!!
So, those of you looking for a Wii--this tip really works. Just hang out at a retail dealer once you know what times the deliveries come (check with someone who has been at the store for a while and knows this information well or with a manager)--ladies, it doesn't hurt to flirt a bit--settle in and wait.
Good luck!

Congrats! Depending on the demand in the area, it can be very difficult. I just set up a battery of places that I would call every day to find one...as luck would have it, the first place I called had 6 in the store!

Glad I got it too, because the day before I purchased Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii...BEFORE I got the console hehe!

I remember trying to get it when it first came out. It was sold out everwhere I went. I didnt get it until march 28th of this year. I didnt actually go looking for it though, I would just check if they had it when I went to the stores. Ended up getting it at a Wal-Mart, last one they had.

that's pretty much how i got my wii. one lunch, i was walking around the mall, decided to go into gamestop, saw the guy unpacking boxes and asked if he had a wii and low and behold, he did.

this was 1 week after it came out

I saw a rush happened...pretty scary actually! Some guy walked into the GameStop for a Wii that they were holding for him. As soon as it came out, some guy next to me asks the clerk "you have them in? How many? I'll take one!" within a minute everyone who was browsing in the store ran over to the counter to grab one. Insane!

I think if you just be persistent you'll get one. That itrackr web site was also helpful, but it only kicked in after I had gotten one already. And I think it only really works for Target stores.

Back