Ign calculator broken?

balrogs.pa

Wiichats Idiot Identifier
Jul 12, 2007
I forgot how to look at a map.
Wii Online Code
0588-9206-9468-1123
Well, i was looking at the score for Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Super Smash Brothers Melee. and i noticed something very peculiar, Melee had a higher score, so i looked at the scores for each rubric and here they were,
Presentation, Brawl: 9 Melee: 10, melee's Oh and a fair warning, if you just want me to get to the point, skip the spoilers.
higher? Well lets see what they said for each,
"An impressive lineup of stages and characters, including some from third parties. Amazing soundtrack. Gorgeous cut-scenes. Simple menus. Long front-load and lacking online options."
that was brawl
All the retro Nintendo franchises wrapped into one, neat, feature-filled package. Amazing.
and i was thinking, well i could understand the gamecube version far surpassed its previous while brawl just improved, but the reason they gave it a nine seems like they should give it a ten, seeing as how since they should compare it to melee, those cutscenes, amazing soundtracks and impressive lineup of characters and stages would up it a notch.

Graphics Brawl: 8.5 Melee: 8.0
Okay now theres something i can agree with but i would say those cutscenes should have gave brawl that 9 it truely deserves
Sound Brawl: 10 Melee: 10

Gameplay Brawl: 9.5 Melee: 9

and now Lasting Appeal: Brawl: 10 Melee: 10

Now heres the thing, add it up or calculate it, they both equal up to 47, now the average of something is when you add up all the numbers and divide by the amount you added (in this case its 5), which gives you dunununun.

9.4! Amazingly both get that score, but why did melee and brawl get higher(In this case why did brawl get lower) than supposed to? Well i have one theory. Remember in the video review of it how they said "Well if ____ was here he would be defending the game some more. . ." Well im thinking that whatever his name was reviewing melee, and not brawl. So while he defended melee, he was absent for brawl.

This all is just a little something i decided to whip-up. discuss!

The final score of IGN reviews are not averages, they have that statement somewhere around the summary/scores.

Back