I'm a little shocked..all the immaturity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it seems there are a lot of immature members here, but whenever a post like this comes up they either don't post or ruin it. Most of the topics I have made have quickly made a conversion into an online war between two members.

Darkprinny said:
Hay im dislexic (cant spell)

But thats why theres a online spell checker

thats cool one of my real life friends are the same.... dislexic like you... she can't spell and can't wright or type fast so during school when we have to wright somethingfor a test she usues this microphone program

Gymdawg said:
Trust me, I'm very rarely serious, especially on the interweb. In fact, most of the things I do I do just for kicks. However, while I understand, and am quite guilty of myself, the point you raise about correcting people just to irritate them (or out of boredom in my case), this is not what "Bulldogxx831" was doing. I cannot sit idly by as my good name is libelled against.

lol youve got a point there... he i would say he wsnt exactly annoying you maybe trying to..... uhh crap can't think of a positive way to say this but... uhh being an effing smart ass

NeMeZyZ said:
when u said "NeMeZyZ takes more time spelling him own name.." dont u mean "his"? u stupid ****
Another typo. God, did you even read my post?

Kedarshashi said:
thats cool one of my real life friends are the same.... dislexic like you... she can't spell and can't wright or type fast so during school when we have to wright somethingfor a test she usues this microphone program

But I use a online spell checker
(we never had fancy tech shite when I was in school our comps where BBc micros)

Kedarshashi said:

Are you talking about Amelia?

DUH you idiot theres nobody else in the class is dislexic and Mattie....

well lets just say she has some "dark" secerets

I have no idea whats going on

csiguy4u said:
The primary immaturity I see is the laziness of most new users to use the search function before posting. Then they have the audacity to get all pissy when we tell them they are bums because they didn't do the search in the first place for something that has multiple threads on that exact topic.

I think if this was pointed out to them in the correct manner it would not be a problem but numerous posts are rude and plain old not needed.

Also if spelling is an issue get FF with spell check :)

I joined this forum shortly after getting my Wii on launch day, because forums are generally great places to share experiences and ask/answer questions. But I didn't bother to make my first post until two days ago, because I was appalled at the lack of intelligence on these boards.

Its not just immaturity, which I expected (previous posters point out many younger people use the Wii). It is the fact that so many people who have zero knowledge about a particular subject feel the need to weigh in and give their two cents...

I don't mind helping other users figure out how to use their component cables, or even telling them the reasons why it works better than composite (I'm an Electrical Engineer, I have a degree and have taken classes in exactly that), but when I have people reply to me and tell me that I'm wrong, or when I read other posts giving out false information, it makes me mad.

Or the thread about the Wii getting upgraded to DVD capability, and people are "pissed" that they bought a Wii now when "an upgraded one is coming out"? That's just plain ignorant. I don't even want to begin telling those posters why they are wrong. Just not worth it, I would probably just get flamed.

So in the end, I'll mostly lurk, and post when someone really does need help, but compared to other forums I've been on, this one is near the bottom in intelligence. I don't think this forum is ever going to become one of my favorite communities.

tighr said:
I joined this forum shortly after getting my Wii on launch day, because forums are generally great places to share experiences and ask/answer questions. But I didn't bother to make my first post until two days ago, because I was appalled at the lack of intelligence on these boards.

Its not just immaturity, which I expected (previous posters point out many younger people use the Wii). It is the fact that so many people who have zero knowledge about a particular subject feel the need to weigh in and give their two cents...

I don't mind helping other users figure out how to use their component cables, or even telling them the reasons why it works better than composite (I'm an Electrical Engineer, I have a degree and have taken classes in exactly that), but when I have people reply to me and tell me that I'm wrong, or when I read other posts giving out false information, it makes me mad.

Or the thread about the Wii getting upgraded to DVD capability, and people are "pissed" that they bought a Wii now when "an upgraded one is coming out"? That's just plain ignorant. I don't even want to begin telling those posters why they are wrong. Just not worth it, I would probably just get flamed.

So in the end, I'll mostly lurk, and post when someone really does need help, but compared to other forums I've been on, this one is near the bottom in intelligence. I don't think this forum is ever going to become one of my favorite communities.

Quoted for truth.

THANK YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back