I'm Happy I didn't but a gamecube!

E7ernal

Error Getting Statistics
Sep 18, 2006
London, UK
Because it was a bit of a flop in terms of games and when I get a Wii i can play the gems which I missed out on at much cheaper prices... Two consoles in one if you ask mii!

I never had a gamecube although i did play some of the ngc games at my friends house ssb will be the first ngc game i get and probly mario kart :)

Uh, who told you Gamecube was a flop ?
To me I dont think it was a flop like dreamcast.:ihih:

Good point, the gamecube was not so much a flop but a project which could have been so much more.

If Dreamcast was given a chance then The Dreamcast 2 would probably rule the day!

Shadow_hunter46 said:
i never did understand why the dreamcast flopped:shocked:
Fomr my perspective, it "flopped" because the publishers couldn't handle the new power. It's actually the same power (well, not the exact same, but you know what I mean) as the Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox, only it came at a time when developers were still making games for PSX and N64. A lot of those games were ported over to the Dreamcast without an upgrades. People could either fork out for a brand new console with awesome power, but with the same games, or stick with their original consoles and still play those same games.

Not that the Dreamcast was all that bad. It had some really cool games on it, and a tonne of RPG's if I am to understand correctly. Although since then, many of the games have been ported over to other machines (eg. Legend of Arcadia and Sonic Adventure series > Gamecube etc...)

Back