Is it just me or does the Wii looks like crap on a flat screen??

alocubano1110 said:
OFFTOPPIC:if you had a choice between the wii or the 360 over gameplay, and overall experience what would you say you liked better?

The 360 of course. You can play the Wii on any tv and it will look bad when comparing it to a 360. Even the 360 looks crappy in 480i Any 480i is crap!

Lol, i went to the mall to paly some wii because i was pretty bored... and my dad was standing next to me... He's like This graphic aint bad for the wii. I was like ya... Its really cool and great gameplay. He went crazy with wii sports.

EDIT: I was playing Zelda and He was playing wii Sports after.
But of course, the 360 and ps3 has better graphics. I lvoe the 360, its sick, my neighbor has it and i go almsot everyday to play. I reccomend both, but i can go to my Neighbor's house (best friend in school) and rather play there for 360 and buy myself a New shiney wii.

i guess its not my settings then. i think its because the picture has to be expanded into a larger picture.

I see you switched from Composite to component. Component cables will give you a clearer picture but will also be more 'jaggier'. Composite sort of blurs it up.

damnyoyek
it happened the same to me,i have 2 tv's my 32 HDTV and a 19" toshiba(regular tv) and on the later the images were detailed,i mean in NFS carbon the boots of the chiks walking had detaiils as well as the cars and stuff,on my HD(with component of course) those same graphics looked with less details and with jagies.

damnyooneek said:
I started playing the wii on a CRT with the composite wires and it looked great. the graphics really looked decent. i switched to a HDTV LCD with component wires and now everything is jagged and not as smooth as the CRT? is it because the resolution of my tv is higher than what the wii puts out so everything is more pixelated? I really hope nintendo comes out with some kind of update that supports higher resolutions because this 480p doesnt cut it.
try on the wii settings to change to the 480P mode.

alocubano1110 said:
OFFTOPPIC:if you had a choice between the wii or the 360 over gameplay, and overall experience what would you say you liked better?

::Huge sigh::

Because there aren't hundreds of pages of posts elsewhere on this forum discussing the 3 systems' gameplay. :rolleyes:

I have the same thought. I just got my component cables and hooked them up. Changed resolution to HD 480P and the image is very jagged and blotchy. Don't really like it and am a bit disappointed considering I had to buy these cables. Thought it would work out much better, but might switch back again...

yea its really weird that on a crt the quality is more detailed. most people on here that are making smart remarks are either playing their wiis on a crt or haven't tried plugging their wiis in a crt and comparing. its a big difference and i would assume the hdtv would have better quality but it doesn't.

i wonder if it is something in the hardware itself,may be with an update or something.

damnyooneek said:
I started playing the wii on a CRT with the composite wires and it looked great. the graphics really looked decent. i switched to a HDTV LCD with component wires and now everything is jagged and not as smooth as the CRT? is it because the resolution of my tv is higher than what the wii puts out so everything is more pixelated? I really hope nintendo comes out with some kind of update that supports higher resolutions because this 480p doesnt cut it.

you mean a CRT monitor to a flat screen LCD... CRT monitors have wayy higher resolution compared to LCD's

intekmdma said:
you mean a CRT monitor to a flat screen LCD... CRT monitors have wayy higher resolution compared to LCD's

No I think he means a CRT tv to an HDTV tv, the HDTV has a higher res.

I played my Wii on my CRT (PAL so 576i) but decided to stick with my 40" HDTV with component cables. Make sure you're sitting at a distance, because if you sit up close it looks like ****. Zelda looks fine for me now at a viewing distance of around 7 feet :) I guess you just have to get used to the resolution, I have. Once you do you realise graphics arent all that bad infact they're quite good, just at low res.

If you open the instruction manual it says "Play on the smallest TV possible" the bigger you go, the crappier it looks, same goes for most ****, unless your TV is worth 5k. I'd say for the Wii, stay under 47'', and go CRT

Back