Is it just me or is it a little easy at first?

I haven't got the game yet (being in Australia) but from what I've heard it gets harder as you get more into the game.

Yes, the difficulty really increases as you go. They want it easy enough for most people to at least get through and finish all of the Bowser battles, but then after that things aren't so easy. And all those lives may come in handy later on. :p

You've got to remember that there are a lot of beginners out here

And, for beginner gamers like me, it's a learning experience.

This game starts out easy so we can learn -

learn how to control the character, how to control his movements in three dimensions (admit it, it's not _that_ simple!), how to jump over gaps, how to jump over bugs, how to twist, how to lunge, etc.

Personally, the last time I played a game with Mario as an action character was back in the early 1980's when Donkey Kong first came out - and Mario was two dimensional and made of large pixels. All I had to do in that game was run and jump.

So, for us beginners - we're glad it's easy.

For the experts - Take your time and enjoy the game. Marvel at the wonderful graphics. Be amazed by the depth and clarity of the three dimensional renderings.

And appreciate the time, vision and energy that the programmers and creators took to create a program such as Super Mario Galaxy.

And please - Take a more Zen approach to this game; sit back and enjoy the ride.

Because, what's the fun in seeing who can finish the whole game in the fastest time?

Kentomodo

kentomodo said:
You've got to remember that there are a lot of beginners out here

And, for beginner gamers like me, it's a learning experience.

This game starts out easy so we can learn -

learn how to control the character, how to control his movements in three dimensions (admit it, it's not _that_ simple!), how to jump over gaps, how to jump over bugs, how to twist, how to lunge, etc.

Personally, the last time I played a game with Mario as an action character was back in the early 1980's when Donkey Kong first came out - and Mario was two dimensional and made of large pixels. All I had to do in that game was run and jump.

So, for us beginners - we're glad it's easy.

For the experts - Take your time and enjoy the game. Marvel at the wonderful graphics. Be amazed by the depth and clarity of the three dimensional renderings.

And appreciate the time, vision and energy that the programmers and creators took to create a program such as Super Mario Galaxy.

And please - Take a more Zen approach to this game; sit back and enjoy the ride.

Because, what's the fun in seeing who can finish the whole game in the fastest time?

Kentomodo

Holy **** that was the most majestic thing i ever heard in my life

i love u

Back