Is there going to be a new Nintendo console?

wezeles said:
Hard to say they have always launched at 199.99 untill now...

The Wii was the first to break the 200 mark but if they want to stay ontop i think they will have to offer graphics with gameplay to compete... Although they will have the money to loose being nintendo they won't.. They always profit! I would bet atleast 250 if not more.
Although we are talking 4 years from now with inflation and the price of the other consoles i bet it will still be the cheepest New Gen on the market at launch... Nintendo has always been good about that aswell...

Atari VCS launched in 1977 for $249.99
Nintendo Entertainment System launched in 1985 for $199.99
SEGA Genesis launched in 1989 for $249.99
NeoGeo launched in 1990 for $699.99
Super Nintendo launched in 1991 for $199.99
Jaguar launched in 1993 for $249.99
3DO Interactive Multiplayer launched in 1993 for $699.95
SEGA Saturn launched in 1995 for $399.99 $497.66
PlayStation launched in 1995 for $299.99
Nintendo 64 launched in 1996 for $199.99
SEGA Dreamcast launches in 1999 for $199.99
PlayStation 2 launched in 2000 for $299.99
Xbox Launched in 2001 for $299.99
GameCube launched in 2001 for $199.99
Xbox 360 Launched in 2005 for 299.99-399.99
Nintendo Wii launched in 2006 for 249.99
PlayStation 3 launched in 2006 for 499.99-599.99

So Nintendo has always been good about giving its consumers the best price compared to its competitors all though i doubt it will stay as cheep as we are use to with newer technology popping up and becoming popular like HD.

Come on man nintendo is all AMD/ATI has...LOL the next console will be cheap. By the time it all comes out the x2 crossfire chips will be sub 100s just by way of die shrinks. It will be around 250 again... If it isn't then it may be because they are offering a Wii like version and a hardcore power version which is entirely possible. Each game could easily be scaled up and down depending on the system. I mean really the tech in the Wii is way beyond what we could have even guessed and it still cost 250. Nintendo is not pushed around by any one and they don't buy into hype a lot which is good.

Maybe it will be 300 but I'm betting on 250 once again. It's just the rule set by the masses. You guys always look at tech like it will always be so expensive and thats not the case. The guys doing nintendo hardware know how to make money with out charging retard amounts for chips. Volume sales and the manufactures know this. I don't think ati would mind having sold 20 million gpus rather than 9 million, then you add a die shrink and thing get even better. Expect all consoles to have direct x 10.1 capable hard if not better or a competing tech in them at really affordable prices.

WiitnessID said:
Come on man nintendo is all AMD/ATI has...LOL the next console will be cheap. By the time it all comes out the x2 crossfire chips will be sub 100s just by way of die shrinks. It will be around 250 again... If it isn't then it may be because they are offering a Wii like version and a hardcore power version which is entirely possible. Each game could easily be scaled up and down depending on the system. I mean really the tech in the Wii is way beyond what we could have even guessed and it still cost 250. Nintendo is not pushed around by any one and they don't buy into hype a lot which is good.

Maybe it will be 300 but I'm betting on 250 once again. It's just the rule set by the masses. You guys always look at tech like it will always be so expensive and thats not the case. The guys doing nintendo hardware know how to make money with out charging retard amounts for chips. Volume sales and the manufactures know this. I don't think ati would mind having sold 20 million gpus rather than 9 million, then you add a die shrink and thing get even better. Expect all consoles to have direct x 10.1 capable hard if not better or a competing tech in them at really affordable prices.

I agree with you 100% but I'm thinking more of the cost of implementing HD at that time.. by 2012 i would say a good 50% of homes will have atleast 1 HDTV.

Nintendo will more than likely include HD into the console.. It has nothing to do with how cheep nintendo can make a console. We know they are the best at that, that was my point.
The only thing that would throw off the price is the cost of HD tech at that time. I doubt it will be expensive around 2012, that should acctually be right when prices for current HD tech accutally drop dramatically. But then again we don't know what kinda HD were going to have in 4-5 years.

We could be up to 2160p as the new standard by then. Thats the only thing that would toss a monkey wrench into the mix of Nintendo's constant bargain price.
They still will be the cheepest though no doubt about that. But with new t.v. technology and it changing at such a fast pace that it has never done before, its a part of cost that nintendo can't "lock in" thats all.

The only thing I can possibly see is them adding more ram to the system or,
a machine that will do High Def. And, adding more 3rd party games. It'd be nice to play Unreal Tourney 3 using the wii light gun attachment.

Lucky...

wezeles said:
I agree with you 100% but I'm thinking more of the cost of implementing HD at that time.. by 2012 i would say a good 50% of homes will have atleast 1 HDTV.

Nintendo will more than likely include HD into the console.. It has nothing to do with how cheep nintendo can make a console. We know they are the best at that, that was my point.
The only thing that would throw off the price is the cost of HD tech at that time. I doubt it will be expensive around 2012, that should acctually be right when prices for current HD tech accutally drop dramatically. But then again we don't know what kinda HD were going to have in 4-5 years.

We could be up to 2160p as the new standard by then. Thats the only thing that would toss a monkey wrench into the mix of Nintendo's constant bargain price.
They still will be the cheepest though no doubt about that. But with new t.v. technology and it changing at such a fast pace that it has never done before, its a part of cost that nintendo can't "lock in" thats all.

It's funny you say that because if HD does jump in resolution again then you may not see nintendo on board with that jump either. You may see them go as far as 1080p or some thing. By then HD tech for that resolution will be very cheap and so will the ram that powers it. Who knows though this is just really educated guesses and even hopes. I don't really think we will see huge jumps in graphic in the next gen, well by my standards we won't since the cream of the crop is Direct x 10 hardware and it looks good yet most gamers will not see the real difference unfortunately.

I bet it will cost more than the wii. Because every new console costs more than the old one.

pro gamer said:
I bet it will cost more than the wii. Because every new console costs more than the old one.

Not with Nintendo... The Wii is the first to not be 199.99, and based on inflation alone Nintendo has always made there next gen console cheeper than the previous...

They might go the route of MS and Sony with more than one console to choose from, probably will depend on consumer demand at that time... They usually make the wise buisness decisions in the end...

Would the price be cheaper than the wii?

Its possibal im sure they would love to get the price back down to 199.99 if technology permits...
although they refuse to loose money, so that will be a big factor in price is the cost of "popular" technology at that time. They wont waste money on crazy new tech that barely anyone has...

still 249.99 in 2012 is technically less money than 249.99 in 2006 terms when inflation is taken into account so if it stayed the same price technically it woudl be cheeper if that makes sense to you...lol

Do you think the new console will come with a game?

Depends where you live... In the States they always toss a game into the system it seems like...

no. like wii sports came with the wii. so are they going to put a game like that in there?

its possibal... NES/SNES both came with games bundled together with the system... i realyl dont know why they shyed away from this practice for N64 and Gamecube...

But with the sucess of the Wii and Wii Sports bundle itself im sure they will continue to try to sell consoles with a popular game... Although Japan didn't get Wii sports in a bundle and there system cost about 212.00 instead of 249.99...

Really it will depend on the next console and if they think its needed... Wii sports is really to show off what the Wii can do because of such new gameplay... It just happened to also work out as a nice Draw to everyone including new gamers...
Probably also why we got the new 249.99 price tage with it, would you expect them to sell the Wii at the same price as the GC with a free game?

Its too much speculation its not something anyone can guess, so much can change in technology and gaming in the next 4-5 years

Do you think the next console will be motion sensitive?

With how popular the Wii is i bet all 3 consoles will have some type of motion sensing included into them... Who knows what else...

I hope It will be better than the wii.

Back