Is this PC worth it?

It's not bad, but how much is that in american money? That would let me know whether it's worth it or not.

I would say that NO, this computer is definately not worth it.
My computer has almost the same specs, but with more HD space, and a slightly better CPU. And it is currently available for about $700-$800 Canadian.
Look elsewhere for sure.

My comp was $400 and has a 160GB HD and 512 MB RAM. I saw another one for $800 with 1GB Ram and 250 GB HD, which isn't much worse than that comp. And it's 600 bucks cheaper. Do NOT get that. You can probably find better prices in the stores.

go to newegg.com and price those same components out. Nowhere near that asking price.

NuFLo said:
that would be $1,447.88 USD with P&P

Oh hell no thats not worth it. I build computers on the side and for that price I can build you an FX-60 with a ASUS A8N32 mobo, 7950 videocard, etc.

Of course I get parts cheaper but I still think thats not worth it.

Lethal said:
Oh hell no thats not worth it. I build computers on the side and for that price I can build you an FX-60 with a ASUS A8N32 mobo, 7950 videocard, etc.

Of course I get parts cheaper but I still think thats not worth it.

Dude, I would LOVE to have someone give me 1400 and say, "here, take this and build me something nice". SWEET!!!

ImageFX said:
go to newegg.com and price those same components out. Nowhere near that asking price.
Exactly! Build your own computer. It's seriously not that difficult. Once you've sort of got the specs you want, perhaps go to like a local Best Buy and ask the geek squad if all the components are compatible and if they'd recommend anything else since a lot of them are PC gamers. That's what I did. This will give you knowledge about computers and money left over for games, apps, etc.

Definitely go with a dual-core AMD processor, ATI graphics card, an ASUS or some other somewhat well known mobo for starters.

Also, as I am a Mac-head, if you aren't an uber gamer (I hate using that word, uber) go with a an iMac or MacBook Pro. Macworld is in like 2 days, so they may even come out with something better.

Oh, and perhaps try something other than Windoz if you do end up building your own rig. Ubuntu linux is a good operating system to try out; it's secure, fast, can run off a CD if you don't want to install it...oh and it's free.

Last edited:
Back