isnt this very frustrating?

mizzouHHR said:
Believe it or not, there is always a reason for what we do, and it is always to try and teach you something, or make you a better person.

Not always, have you forgotten about the existence of abusive parents? Really, I would say respect your elders, but don't blindly respect them just because they're your parents. In my opinion, one shouldn't respect his/her parents when the parent abuses them a lot for no good reason. There are parents out there who enjoy abusing their children, be it physically, or verbally, like constant accusations for something the child never did and then ignorantly beating them up/punishing them afterwards regardless if they tell the truth.

One of my friend's unfortunately goes through that, because he follows the bible and respects his parents no matter what. So, they take advantage of him and his kindness.

Remember the truth is ALWAYS the best choice. The most important thing is to be honest and accept the consequences of your actions.

Telling the truth is not always the right thing to do. Sometimes a lie is more good than telling the truth.

Last edited:
heres the deal. whenever something bad happens at my house, the blame is put on me and usually its correct. but on those rare instances when even if i am not the one to blame, my parents wont believe me. when i yell at them that i didnt do anything wrong, my mom says, "your yelling shows that you are guilty". what are you supposed to do, just keep quiet?

What did you do when the blame is put on you? If you fight it and make up a different reason then obviously your parents are going to suspect you. If you've lied to them before, then they're going to think that you can lie to them again. It's just common logic, you'd do it if you had someone like you as your kid. Admit it some time and apologize.

If my parents blame something on me then I normally just say that I didn't do it, because I don't do anything around the house. So, um, I would earn some respect from your parents. They know what they're doing.

Not always, have you forgotten about the existence of abusive parents? Really, I would say respect your elders, but don't blindly respect them just because they're your parents. In my opinion, one shouldn't respect his/her parents when the parent abuses them a lot for no good reason. There are parents out there who enjoy abusing their children, be it physically, or verbally, like constant accusations for something the child never did and then ignorantly beating them up/punishing them afterwards regardless if they tell the truth.

One of my friend's unfortunately goes through that, because he follows the bible and respects his parents no matter what. So, they take advantage of him and his kindness.

Telling the truth is not always the right thing to do. Sometimes a lie is more good than telling the truth.

In the case of abusive parents, you have a point, however, that is a very small percentage of parents, and I don't think that is the case here. If abuse is the problem, then the proper authorities need to be involved, and the parents should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

As far as honesty, I can't think of any case where honesty is not the best policy. Lies lead to more lies and pretty soon, you don't know what the truth is anymore.

As far as honesty, I can't think of any case where honesty is not the best policy. Lies lead to more lies and pretty soon, you don't know what the truth is anymore.

Well, look at it this way. Imagine a world where every single person told the truth and were completely honest with everything. For alot of people, the truth hurts and honesty is at times hard to handle. Would you really want to know what everyone thinks about you. Imagine a completely honest guy walking up to a girl, and saying.. "I'll be honest, you look like a guy." Boy, imagine if the Government started telling the truth.

You should see how honest everyone is about Rumer Willis' face (Bruce Willis' daughter). That'll definitely make her life a lot better when it pressures her into wanting plastic surgery, more **** for her parents to deal with.

Always telling your parents the truth, what if you have parents that are incredibly strict, like one of those religious extremist parents. A teenage son who's stuck with a dilemma of either telling his parents the truth that he's gay, or keeping it a secret for fear of how they'll react. Unlucky, he tells the truth, and they flip out in major disappointment and anger, praying to God where they went wrong.. and then probably disowning the poor kid.

Say you get caught doing something at work, you either tell the truth and get fired, or you lie about it and save your job. Lying about something does not make you fail to realize what truth is anymore, you know what truth is... you just don't want to tell it for the fear of bad things that'll happen. There's a large amount of parents out there who lie to their kids to make them feel better.

Kid: Mommy, all the kids at school call me stupid.

Mother: Well, let's be honest.. you are pretty stupid.

Well, look at it this way. Imagine a world where every single person told the truth and were completely honest with everything. For alot of people, the truth hurts and honesty is at times hard to handle. Would you really want to know what everyone thinks about you. Imagine a completely honest guy walking up to a girl, and saying.. "I'll be honest, you look like a guy." Boy, imagine if the Government started telling the truth.

You should see how honest everyone is about Rumer Willis' face (Bruce Willis' daughter). That'll definitely make her life a lot better when it pressures her into wanting plastic surgery, more **** for her parents to deal with.

Always telling your parents the truth, what if you have parents that are incredibly strict, like one of those religious extremist parents. A teenage son who's stuck with a dilemma of either telling his parents the truth that he's gay, or keeping it a secret for fear of how they'll react. Unlucky, he tells the truth, and they flip out in major disappointment and anger, praying to God where they went wrong.. and then probably disowning the poor kid.

Say you get caught doing something at work, you either tell the truth and get fired, or you lie about it and save your job. Lying about something does not make you fail to realize what truth is anymore, you know what truth is... you just don't want to tell it for the fear of bad things that'll happen. There's a large amount of parents out there who lie to their kids to make them feel better.

Kid: Mommy, all the kids at school call me stupid.

Mother: Well, let's be honest.. you are pretty stupid.

Good point.....

It sure is frustrating!

You have two choices:

1) Set fire to your parents.
2) Beat the living **** out of the person who actually did it.

EDIT: Make sure its to their head, so when your parents go to ask what happened, you can casually say said brother tripped...they wont be able to say anything back.

EDIT 2: If its a sister...ignore 2....girl bashing is naughty.

Last edited:
It can be frustrating but from my experiences the situation is worsened if you talk back or yell. Just listen to what they have to say and if you really didn't do anything, then be honest and say so respectfully.

There's not much you can do in this situation because parents feel they're right about almost everything. Like others said build trust and stay cool and you should find yourself getting into less trouble.

Back