Mac Mini yes or no?

One worm would be OSX/Inqtana.A
Thers also the oompa loompa virus
theres Anti.A, Code 1, CDEF, 252, Melissa, AOL4free, oompa being OSX/Leap. A is the most none one. Im not saying your system is crappy and im not starting a Flame war, i just stating Just because your system has never gotten a virus doesnt mean it is comepletly immune to them and none exist. Yes i agree if you own a mac you probably will never get one but they do exist. As for me i stick with PC because it is much easier to upgrade it has nothing to do with viruses or whos the better company.

fatalorgasm92 said:
One worm would be OSX/Inqtana.A
Thers also the oompa loompa virus
theres Anti.A, Code 1, CDEF, 252, Melissa, AOL4free, oompa being OSX/Leap. A is the most none one. Im not saying your system is crappy and im not starting a Flame war, i just stating Just because your system has never gotten a virus doesnt mean it is comepletly immune to them and none exist. Yes i agree if you own a mac you probably will never get one but they do exist. As for me i stick with PC because it is much easier to upgrade it has nothing to do with viruses or whos the better company.
But those are worms and other security issues, which I'm not denying that it has. None of those are actually viruses. NOt all of those are even for OS X either. I know Anti.A doesn't effect anything newer than OS 7. Same thing with Code 1, CDEF, 252 and probably the other ones. I'm to lazy to look all of them up.

Last edited:
1175760715.gif

Virus's don't move very well from computer to computer, there could easily be a virus on OS X, but because of the market share that OS X owns, the reality of it is that cos of the tiny market share, one or two virus's don't really spread easily and mac's arn't often targeted because it's there arn't many users, virus's are created to annoy people and maximum annoyance can be done through windows, it's a fact.

worms are not the same as virus's

learn the difference.

Oompa loompa is a virus. And there you have it. Im not dissing monsta but dont think all PC users are asses for posting things like this. It is fine to post that but write something with it, posting that makes you look like a ignorant fanboy and you will get flamed and into alot of arguements. Like right now Im somehow arguing with paintballer. Though i didnt mean to and i was just saying OSX does have existing viruses somehow it turned into an arguement between us. No offense Monsta just trying to help you avoid trouble on Wiichat.

Well i guess since the term virus is used more generally I wasn't aware it was a Worm i just thought it was a Virus, my mistake. I consider worms and trojans, spyware etc to all be types of viruses but you might not look at it that way. Either way you will probably end up never getting one. A big reason isnt necessarily more securirty , but Not as many holes are known for OSX simply because noone really looks for them. PC has a bigger market share than PC and Viruses are aimed at the average joe who doesnt know jack about computers and is tricked into buying things, so viruses do work. Still i agree there arent many for OSX and you will never get one.

fatalorgasm92 said:
Well i guess since the term virus is used more generally I wasn't aware it was a Worm i just thought it was a Virus, my mistake. I consider worms and trojans, spyware etc to all be types of viruses but you might not look at it that way. Either way you will probably end up never getting one. A big reason isnt necessarily more securirty , but Not as many holes are known for OSX simply because noone really looks for them. PC has a bigger market share than PC and Viruses are aimed at the average joe who doesnt know jack about computers and is tricked into buying things, so viruses do work. Still i agree there arent many for OSX and you will never get one.
Ya that is the main reason, but you do have to admit that OS X is more secure too. Because if the user base was the only reason then there would still be at least enough viruses that we would be able to at least name one. Things that have a much smaller user base than Macs still have viruses. Even Pocket PCs do.

paintba||er said:

Ya that is the main reason, but you do have to admit that OS X is more secure too. Because if the user base was the only reason then there would still be at least enough viruses that we would be able to at least name one. Things that have a much smaller user base than Macs still have viruses. Even Pocket PCs do.

Ya that is true, i dont know anything about pocketpcs... they seem like a waste and are for people to impatient to go home or carry a laptop around.. I jsut dont really prefer macs because they cost alot more and i cant upgrade them much. Im also kinda a Nvidia guy. But for a laptop i would probably choose a mac.

id say go with mac, but dont get a mac mini. get a macbook, its not that much more expensive, and its portable. also make sure you use the education discount , it will save you about $100

I guess you could probably get a iMac or a MacBook for not much more than a Mini if you used the education discount. Since you get some money off and you get a free iPod Nano. I'm not sure if they have some way to enforce that or not though.

paintba||er said:
I guess you could probably get a iMac or a MacBook for not much more than a Mini if you used the education discount. Since you get some money off and you get a free iPod Nano. I'm not sure if they have some way to enforce that or not though.

not if you buy it offline, i got a free printer but i would have rather gotten a nano :(

Back