Metroid better than halo?

mp2's multiplayer was very fun imho so online would be great (but compare it to halo's......) but i prefer mp halo just isn't my fps, way too repetitive it's sorta like a port just with a 3 slapped on the title and a few extra features.

EDIT: halo 3 was way too overhyped, and metroid prime 3 was too underhyped

Last edited:
dark samus said:
EDIT: halo 3 was way too overhyped, and metroid prime 3 was too underhyped
I don't think Metroid Prime 3 was underhyped - it did have a video channel all to itself, and is certainly doing quite a few TV ads in the UK at least. I think it was more of a case of it being mis-understood and such. Many people compare Halo 3 to Metroid Prime 3, as though there isn't enough room in the universe for both. While I would agree that it sounds like Halo 3 is overhyped (not played it, but heard many people say it), Metroid Prime was simply ignored rather than absent in the public eye. Shame really, considering it's such an amazing game. Though I'd like to see the sales figures in the longer term. Many people who want Halo 3, already have Halo 3 now. Is it necessarily the case with MP3?

Agreed + repped

i mean

halo 3 was a mile overhyped.

alot more than Metroid, but that was possibly dues to Halo being overhyped, the hype around Metroid was not notice or "ignored"

as for sales though, Halo 3 has had its time, and its gone just as fast as it came.

for first 2 weeks, as you wuld have guessed, it was number one sales.

3rd week it dropped to, 3rd
4th week dropped to 8th
5th week (prediction) 10th or out.

Metroid, 1st week, 7th
and i predict it will stay around about 5-10 for a few months,

This is from uk sales ok

daviduk200 said:
Agreed + repped

i mean

halo 3 was a mile overhyped.

alot more than Metroid, but that was possibly dues to Halo being overhyped, the hype around Metroid was not notice or "ignored"

as for sales though, Halo 3 has had its time, and its gone just as fast as it came.

for first 2 weeks, as you wuld have guessed, it was number one sales.

3rd week it dropped to, 3rd
4th week dropped to 8th
5th week (prediction) 10th or out.

Metroid, 1st week, 7th
and i predict it will stay around about 5-10 for a few months,

This is from uk sales ok

When Halo 3 was first released it passed a record, most likely in the US, for most copies sold ever. This, in turn, passed the release of the last Harry Potter Novel etc. Also it's understandable that sales will lower after a couple of weeks seeing as many of the gamers have already picked up their copies of the game.

At least with users, you can usually find out how good a game is by the average review of it (as in read tonnes of them to find out what the good and bad points are).

The only problem with that is when it comes to a nintendo based forum it can be expected that many of the users will agree that MP3 is a better game and many of the users views shall therefore be biased.

Syntax said:
I'm going with the critics. I can't see MP being more popular than H3 considering the online ability halo offers. Along with the other various game modes etc.

dude metroid is a classic series. critics dont play games. gamers play game. :cool:

If the critics didn't play the games they wouldn't have anything to judge their reviews on therefore they wouldn't be critics. Also who says critics can't be gamers as well? Also who is to say that the Halo trilogy wasn't a classic. From my understanding it has been the most popular game since the release of Halo 1.

Syntax said:
If the critics didn't play the games they wouldn't have anything to judge their reviews on therefore they wouldn't be critics. Also who says critics can't be gamers as well? Also who is to say that the Halo trilogy wasn't a classic. From my understanding it has been the most popular game since the release of Halo 1.

does a little something called mario come to mind when talking about most popular game?

What I meant to say is that the Halo trilogy has been the most popular game since the release of the Xbox & Xbox 360 Console.

yes because they overhype it so much.

p.s. montreal canadiens are the best.

Please do tell me how the game is overhyped. I mean you can say a game is overhyped. However, without giving examples and or an explanation as to why the game is over hyped it's pretty much a weak argument. Now I'm not trying to start anything.. I just want to hear your opinions on as to why Halo 3 is an overhyped game.

Last edited:
Syntax said:
Please do tell me how the game is overhyped. I mean you can say a game is overhyped. However, without giving examples and or an explanation as to why the game is over hyped it's pretty much a weak argument. Now I'm not trying to start anything.. I just want to hear your opinions on as to why Halo 3 is an overhyped game.

i am saying halo 3 is overhyped because look at how many advertisements it recieved. the stores had a section just for halo3.

mp3 had alot of commercials too(UK moreso). i went to like 3 stores before launch and none had a section devoted to halo 3

What else would you expect from the most popular Xbox title? I mean it was quite obvious that stores were going to advertise the game a bit earlier by having a small section devoted to the game due to its popularity. Which store wouldn't want to make a benefit off of the most selling Xbox title?

lenitao3 said:
i don't really understand what makes halo so special........

it's graphics are not sooooo great........lol....they are better than wii (metroid) but not in a dramatic way... just a bit better....

but if halo3 has online play things change.......

(i never had xbox360 or xbox so i don't know much about it)
just that it increased xbox360 sales for a period of time

are you kidding? did you see it on some old tv? the graphics on an hd tv are like photographs. they're incredible.

Back