Metroid better than halo?

I actually have halo 1 and 2, and iv played halo 3

i seriously didnt like them especially.

halo 1, there was a mission around 8 missions in, where you being chase but mutant looking things around dark corridoors.

and i found that i was running through the EXACT same corridoors over and over for over half an hour. not because i couldnt find my way around bu because the makers had just copied the same sections of coridoors over and over. its was incredibly boring and repetitive.

also i said that i hate halo enough that even without playing metroid i think it will be better.

when i said the thing about sports i wasnt meaning it i was saying i could say that, because its like what you said,

what facts do you have to base you m opinion on

yeah seriously.. your retarded if you think metroid is better then halo and im a big wii fan.

Halo 3
Single player
Co-op
Online co-op
Multiplayer
Online multiplayer
Forge
Meta-game
Online Achievements

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Single player

Feel free to add anything to Metroid that i missed but Halo still has much more features and a larger replay value then Metroid(Online Play, Online Co-OP etc)

Gamespot(Most reliable review site imo):
Halo 3 9.5/10 Editors Choice<-These are pretty rare for Gamespot much less Console FPS's

Metroid Prime 3 8.5/10 No Editors Choice

JerryC said:
Halo 3
Single player
Co-op
Online co-op
Multiplayer
Online multiplayer
Forge
Meta-game
Online Achievements

Single player

Feel free to add anything to Metroid that i missed but Halo still has much more features and a larger replay value then Metroid(Online Play, Online Co-OP etc)

Halo 3 9.5/10 Editors Choice<-These are pretty rare for Gamespot much less Console FPS's

I think you're doing a misjustice for Metroid. It's designed to be a single player game. You wouldn't complain that there was no multiplayer on mario titles (traditional ones, and more than shooting stars at things), at least no co-op, and especially not on titles like Kirby. Likewise, Metroid wouldn't work as an online title, not in the traditional sense anyway. No sniper rifles, no automatics, no grenade launchers and rocket launchers, because it's simply not designed that way.

Not sure what you meant by forge or metagame.

Basically, despite what people say, they're too different from each other design-wise to warrant this kind of pro's and con's.

In essence, it's a case on personal preference, rather than points to each side.

Oh, and from what I've heard, Gamepro automatically downgrade any Nintendo title. They'd probably pull Brawl's score down to 9.0 if they can.

Last edited:
^ Right and Halo is designed to be all those listed above.. and does a good job at all of them imo.

Forge is a map editor so you can design objects to be wherever you want on a map and play with other people on that designed map. Pretty intuitive stuff which makes Halo much more superior to Metroid.

In essence, it's a case on personal preference, rather than points to each side

qft

JerryC said:
Halo 3
Single player
Co-op
Online co-op
Multiplayer
Online multiplayer
Forge
Meta-game
Online Achievements

Single player

You can't judge a game simply for it's online capabilities as you suggested in your list of Halo 3's pros. I'm not saying I dislike Halo 3, I love it, I'm just saying that online is not the root of what consists of a quality game. Although it is a major factor, others are also important and in some cases, more superior.

You also forgot to mention Halo 3's graphics and single player details. It seems as though you only zoned in on the fact that Halo 3 has great online play and left most of it's other features behind. I think that you should surface all aspects of a game when it comes to rating it.

Last edited:
JerryC said:
Halo 3
Single player
Co-op
Online co-op
Multiplayer
Online multiplayer
Forge
Meta-game
Online Achievements

Single player

If you truly think Gamespot is the most reliable site...check again. Gamespot pretty much translates to Anti-Nintendo.

If I do find a game worth playing, I check user reviews before I check sites such as GS or IGN, since user reviews are the only ones who are actually 100% truthful

Halo is for Multiplayer

Metroid is for Single Player

I'm a fan of both games, but I'd take Metroid over Halo any day.

i personally check www.metacritics.com

they take reviews form real sites, magazines and critics, and put an average score beside the game, and you can read a small review beside each rater.

then it also has a seperate review section for user reviews which is also averaged,

its the best site and very easy to use

Gamespot pretty much translates to Anti-Nintendo.

If they were I doubt they'd have SSBB as their #1 game of the day

since user reviews are the only ones who are actually 100% truthful

lol'd.. Alot of the user reviews are just hyped up fans that give the game 100% because they wanna promote the game

Professional Reviews like Gamespot Staff give reviews that are equal for each game and are not biased toward a side. They don't give out free 10/10's for games that alot of User Reviewers do

edit:

Seems like a good review site.. gonna check here more often

Last edited:
Metroid wins at single player.

Halo wins at multiplayer.

Thats basicly how it goes.

Halo had no excuse for having suck a lackluster single player, even the third game only has a few missions, which is just silly. I finished it within two days of picking it up, even though I was on multiplayer most of the time! That said multiplayer is a blast and I will be playing it for a long time yet.

Metroid on the other hand has no excuse for the lack of multilayer in ostof the games. Some people might say it doesn't work with Metroid, but Hunters managed it well. That said the single player is fantastic. Its long, has loads of hidden extras and powerups, huge alien worlds and bosses that fill entire rooms. I still play Prime one and two because they are so fantastic, I'm sure the third will be the same.

Their both good games, one is better at one thing, the other is better at another.

Lets leave it at that.

Halo had no excuse for having suck a lackluster single player
How does it suck?

even the third game only has a few missions, which is just silly.

9 one hour missions? I don't think thats a few.. even if it was just put it on legendary that'll take you atleast a week to beat or a few days if your hardcore

I still play Prime one and two because they are so fantastic, I'm sure the third will be the same

you havent even played mp3 and your saying it has better single player then halo 3 -_-

No I'm comparing it to the previous two games.

One hour? Are you kdding me?! The longest I took on one level was 30 minutes...I did half of the game in one night...

Sorry that ment to say "such" not "suck". It doesnt suck, its just kinda generic. Its fun and all, just its not all it was hyped up to be. Don't get me wrong, its a tad more fun in co-op but..ehh, just wasnt my bag. Multiplayer is sweet all the same.

Heroic actually...

I havent done it on Legendary yet..other than that achievement sword I have no urge or reason to re do the game :/

agreed once i completed halo 1 i had no urge to even look at it again lol.

gameplay was boring and i dont like to play games over n over,

except RE4 iv completed that 4 times now

halo 2 i gave up halfway i found it sooo boring

and well not played three yet

Back