Metroid better than halo?

jwm2 said:
GoW > Halo 3 > Metroid

whats so special about gears of war tht u makes it better than halo(i really just wanna know im trying to get an xbox360 soon so i want an opinion)

i personally fin the halo series average FPS's with over hype,

where as gears of war was fresh and very good. (online isnt as good as halo)no where near as good

even though i got bored of both of these games very quick id have to say Gears of war is the choice for Single player, but ONLIne its halo 3

Tails McCloud~ said:
Better graphics dont make a better game. Halo isnt that bad, but I had to stop playing online out of boredom. Metroid was just boring rubish. Gears is fun, but there are too many glitches/laggy kills online.
I agree with you there, however, graphics are a huge factor for some people when it comes to buying a console or game.

For me, I'd definitely say that Halo 3 is better than Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Online is a huge factor here, because as we all know Halo is known for it's fantastic online play along with many other games for the 360. If Metroid Prime 3: Corruption had a stable, well-made online, then it would be a much better game, although I must say that the 1st Player experience for Metroid is fantastic.

I loved the side scrolling metroids but I never could get into the primes. I hate the character Master chief but Halo 3 wins at least until I try prime 3. I never even bothered with Halos storyline its so boring and I never liked primes either so multiplayer is the main reason Halo wins.

lackluster dj said:
metroid is only single player, so the effort in that department was there ten-fold in comparison to halo.

i disagree w/ you, the single player for metroid is waay better than what you give it credit for, i mean after all ten times zero is still zero.

Syntax said:
I'm going with the critics. I can't see MP being more popular than H3 considering the online ability halo offers. Along with the other various game modes etc.

totally agree :yesnod:

The main figure that shows which game is better is how much it sells, well I got these numbers off of VGCharts
Halo 3: Been available for 18 days = Sold 4.64 Million copies
Metroid 3: Been available for 47 days(?) = Sold 0.50 Million Copies

Obviously shows more people enjoy Halo because about 9 times more people bought it.
I also think Halo is better because the online multiplayer makes the Replay value unlimited. And I actually like the campaign(4 player online co-op)

'The point is though, according to user reviews it is
BETTER, never said anything about it being more popular.

Roadrunner32 said:
The main figure that shows which game is better is how much it sells, well I got these numbers off of VGCharts
Halo 3: Been available for 18 days = Sold 4.64 Million copies
Metroid 3: Been available for 47 days(?) = Sold 0.50 Million Copies

Obviously shows more people enjoy Halo because about 9 times more people bought it.
I also think Halo is better because the online multiplayer makes the Replay value unlimited. And I actually like the campaign(4 player online co-op)

think about ita though.

halo is more hyped than metroid, more slaes doesnt make it a better game,

and Vgcharts adds sales from all over.

MP3 is only available in USA and Japan (i think japan)

but in europe and all PAL regions all over Austrailia its not available yet.

while halo 3 had almost simletanious releas all over the world

It doesn't really mattter that Halo is available in more places, it has sold 3.20 million in the US alone. But i do agree sales don't mean everything. I was just using that as an extra add-on. But my opinion on this argument isn't really a good one because I have only played metroid like once or twice. But i still like Halo better

the only problem with halo 3 is that the xbox 360 console is so unreliable, red ring of lights to just mention one. There are reports that from 30 to 35% percent of the consoles are having trouble. Know people that have sent their consoles from 5 to 8 times to repair for different kind of problems.

The game is great, but the console it is unpredictable. I had it once (360) and got problems but I requested a refund of the money due to I didn't want to change the 360 every n weeks or months.

XBOX 360 could be great, but MS forgot about QA testings and things like that.

Back