Metroid better than halo?

Squall7 said:
As professional a "games reviewer" can be. Let's not forget Ludwig's (Joystiq) analysis of Twilight Princess: "It's just different shades of green and brown" and "You have to actually click on the signpost to read it"...

Usually, the better games are all down to personal opinion anyway. However, when there's a glaring, deal-breaking fault with a game, you can bet your ass that the users will pick up on it and emphasise on it only if needed to. Reviewers are more likely to pick up on stuff and emphasise it more than it needs to be (for example, what they find major annoyances may be just inconvenient to others). It's also because user reviews are based on the average, whereas the "professionals" get to allow their own personal feelings to cloud their judgement.

True, but then so will mature users.
yes not all review a game the way it should be even if professional but i would say user reviews are the most personal, and even if all pro reviewers use their personal feelings then it doesnt matter as much cause these are average scores anyways.

well, metroid is an adventure shooting game,
and halo is known for its multiplayer online.

you have to remember they are both REALLY different.

yes but 2 different games mat not be compareable but one can be better than the other.

fifa 08 cant be compared to SSBB

but no doubt

SSBB will be better.

One game is always better than the another

just depends if you are willing to try and determine which is best, i personally dislike the whole halo series, i think they are average shooters and are extremely repetitive

Metroid has way better controls, but Halo actually has multiplayer. Hunters was great. I don't know it's a tough call...

Agree with ^^^
But both Halo and Metroid are crap in my eyes

i h8 halo
never played Metroid primes
and
Gow i own but only play it lik once every 2 months dont really enjoy it that much

JerryC said:
Halo 3 wins in all aspects

the halo single player is absolute balls compared to metroid, as it's kinda supposed to be.

halo is all about the online multi-player. the single player seems kinda tacked on. whereas metroid is only single player, so the effort in that department was there ten-fold in comparison to halo.

personaly i'd never trust any review to tell me exactly how 'good' a game is, though media critic reviews offer good guidance it's our own opinions that matter in the end.
for me H3 and MP3 are rated about the same, i like multi-player/online play but metroids single player i'v always prefered (Halo's atmosphere/level design never really grabbed me) and a good single player experience is the main reason i'd buy a game in most cases(wouldn't buy SSBB for single player for example ;) ).

in my personal opinion, halo tops metroid for sure.

metroid is a game that you play once, finish the campaign and you love it. after you finish the campaign, theres nothing much more to it. you can play ANY halo game over and over and you will NEVER get tired.

and come on... the graphics for halo or not better... they're waaay better. if anyone here has played halo 3 with hdtv cables on a really good plasma, you duck whenever a shot zooms past you.

Better graphics dont make a better game. Halo isnt that bad, but I had to stop playing online out of boredom. Metroid was just boring rubish. Gears is fun, but there are too many glitches/laggy kills online.

i just cant wait for corruption, but this is my first prime, will it make sense 2 me?

Back