Metroid Prime NP Review! 10/10

Metroid has always been an action adventure game. You shoot enemies but it was always more about the exploration and finding new items and upgrades. When it went 3D into the first person perspective that didn't change. Shooting isn't the main thing in the game, exploration is.

IcedEarth81 said:
Metroid has always been an action adventure game. You shoot enemies but it was always more about the exploration and finding new items and upgrades. When it went 3D into the first person perspective that didn't change. Shooting isn't the main thing in the game, exploration is.
do you really find stuff and upgrade as much in this game? it looks like you start off with most of your items you usually have to find..

Do you have any idea of how much hidden stuff their is in the metroid games? like any idea at all? Starting with the original their has always been tons of extra stuff. super metroid and metroid fusion are 2 that come to mind right away with tons of secrets that are not on the map screen. yes samus starts off with some nice gear in prime 3 but she has to find missiles. Probably be over 200 missiles to get in the game which means 50+ expansions to find HIDDEN in the game which for the first time in the series expands over different worlds in one game.

Bioshock sounds great and i hope everybody that plays it thinks its great but its not like metroid, metroid is different.

Have you played any metroid? if you did you would not be so assumming about it.

From my Metroid experience it's really a FPS honestly. The James Bond games, Time Splitter games and all that jazz is your FPS. Metroid is far different. I think calling it a FPA or whatever is fine. or maybe a FPAS.... and Samus with a snickers.

Sovieto said:
you shouldnt sterotype FPSs like that, since it isnt true. Again, those are just things that make metroid an unique FPS.
You don't think most FPS's are designed around their multiplayer? Seems pretty apparent to me. I love FPS's but I take the term literally, FPshooter, as in shoot-em-up, as in that's basically what the game is. If a game goes into the type of depth that Metroid does then I consider it an adventure. Plus Metroid is Metroid, changing the perspective to first person doesn't change what kind of game it is, it's always been an adventure game, not a shooter.

Samus will have more of her items than she normally does starting out, but there is still a ton of stuff to find. Missle expansions, energy tanks, beams, etc. Plus there's all the stuff you scan.

6ix said:
I'm gonna wait till real reviews come out. Nintendo Power is obviously gonna be biased.

Not true, they gave Twilight Princess a 9.5 out of 10.
So..

CantGetAWii said:
Not true, they gave Twilight Princess a 9.5 out of 10.
So..
yah 9.5 is horrible.
and face it people, metroid is a shooter. most of the puzzles you do (or use to do) end up with you getting a power up or new type of weapon.

Also most fps's arent even designed around multi-player. The only fps's that are are games like battlefield.

You also got the rainbow six series, the medal of honor series, the half-life series, black ( if Im not mistaken ) etc etc. Tons of FPS's that try ( one succeeds better than the other ) to put in a singleplayer story that pulls you in there game. A lot of times the multi-player is added as a bonus and to expand the games lifetime.

This could have been done with metroid. Altough you guys say its not possible. Theres a ton of fps games on the pc that work with unlocking stuff and exploring a lot !

although i never rely on an np review, because they'll always be biased, but you have to admit--they haven't given a perfect ten since like... oot. so this game does have to be pretty damn good.

and i always hate it when ppl complain about no metroid multiplayer, then they dont complain about bioshock not having it.

XwiimasturX said:
although i never rely on an np review, because they'll always be biased, but you have to admit--they haven't given a perfect ten since like... oot. so this game does have to be pretty damn good.

and i always hate it when ppl complain about no metroid multiplayer, then they dont complain about bioshock not having it.
well 360 also is the king of online shooters, its not craving one like the wii. bioshock would rock with online multiplayer but its a completely new game built from the ground up with an extremely complex storyline, tons of voice acting and tons of polish. also, its level of immersion it will give you is unreal, it makes you feel emotions never felt before in a video game (at least imo).

I have a feeling I'll need a 360 to listen to my SOAD CDs properly. No Wii game will offer that grunge feel.

Back