Metroid Prime thread.

Jan 5, 2007
I was just playing Metroid Prime for about an hour, and it's (obviously) simply magnificent. Talk about anything Metroid Prime.

P.S. I searched for threads like these, and the threads were 1) Asking if the person should buy Metroid Prime, or 2) Asking for help in a specific part of the game.

Discuss.

I'm also into Metroid Prime right now, actually at the Metroid Prime fight. This is a magnificent game, difficulty wise and length wise. Some of the boss fights are downright difficult! After figuring them out though it helps alot. Reminds me so much of the Zelda games just with a different character and surroundings, with a different theme.

Coincidentally I started a new game just a few days ago. I'm currently up to the Space Pirate Base in Phendrana (if I remember correctly, I'm about to have my first Metroid encounter). Anyway, it's a great game. Those boss fights really are tough (I can't wait to fight the Omega Pirate again... :lol:), but the ones in Metroid Prime 2 were insane!

Metroid Prime is one of the harder games I've played with the bosses and all. It's great graphics wise, but I wish you had a radar or something.

I have finished prime 1, havent completed prime 2....just too excited about lots of stuff in my life

E.g. Brawl, Galaxy, WWE coming back to australia.

ive never played a metroid prime.

im thinking about getting corruption in august, but im not absolutely positive what im goingt to do.

edit: i should say that i have never played a metroid prime on a console. i have hunters for the ds. :) woops

Well, the Gamestop near me has about 8 copies of Metroid Prime (first one for Gamecube) for $5.99. You should really look into it (IGN's #1 Gamecube game).
I just got to the snowy place (forgot the name) and I got the boost ball. Now it's telling me to magically go back to the Chozo Ruins to use my boost ball :wtf: .
It's pretty awesome.

My god the Wii owns... said:
Well, the Gamestop near me has about 8 copies of Metroid Prime (first one for Gamecube) for $5.99. You should really look into it (IGN's #1 Gamecube game).
I just got to the snowy place (forgot the name) and I got the boost ball. Now it's telling me to magically go back to the Chozo Ruins to use my boost ball :wtf: .
It's pretty awesome.
You will be going back and forth for much of the game getting different things, this is a big thing with Metroid Prime. If you have never played it before, get ready for some difficulty because it's on the way. Fun game though, enjoy.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed the game so far. Being my first Metroid game, that whole escape the level thing caught me by surprise the first time. "Ahhh, sweet victory... What? I have to run? Crap!" It's a nice break from the mold.

My god the Wii owns... said:

I accidentally ended up with two copies (one I bought solo, and one that came with my eBay Wii), so if anyone wants it, my spare is selling for $0.99 (free shipping) on ebay. EBGames was only going to give me a dollar "credit" anyway, so I thought I'd cut out the middle-man.

I just beat this game for the first time earlier this afternoon (first Metroid game Ive played) Pretty sweet game!!

I now know I'm going to be buying MP3 in August, but my question now is how much will I miss out on, if I dont play Prime 2 before? I really dont feel like dropping 20 bucks on it or whatever, and I'm not sure I would beat it before Corruption comes out anyway.....

Is there anything really huge, especially story wise, that I really will need MP2 for to enjoy 3?

Unfortunately I sold my copy of MP. I still haven't managed to procure another copy. It was a damn good game while I had it, though.

Bloodfin182 said:
I now know I'm going to be buying MP3 in August, but my question now is how much will I miss out on, if I dont play Prime 2 before? I really dont feel like dropping 20 bucks on it or whatever, and I'm not sure I would beat it before Corruption comes out anyway.....

Is there anything really huge, especially story wise, that I really will need MP2 for to enjoy 3?
You probably won't understand where one of the main plot elements of MP3 came from if you don't play MP2... You should play it anyway. I wouldn't hesitate to call it one of my favorite games of last generation, if not my favorite overall.

Back