Metroid will be the first game to sport the Wii headset!

ZinGy said:
-There is also word that Nintendo in private sessions has big plans for the Wii headset. Talk is, that Nintendo wants to lean away from having the headset only for online capability. They are wanting to go further. Having the headset of course include a microphone for use in games is a given. But there was also talk of a late to launch release of this “gyroscopic headset” that would be supported by the sensor bar as well. To sum up the theory we were privy to. The headset would be somewhat sensitive to movement that could be translated into the game. Such as if you get up and move to the right of your television something might correspond for that in the game. Such as dodging things, looking around corners etc. It was also mentioned that it might have a unique look and non-obstructive lightweight design.

yeah, ummmm, when you turn your head with the headset, how are you going to know whats going on on the TV?!?!?!?!

the headset is the sensor bar? i dont know if i would want that. i like how it is know. so with the headset u dogdge things with the movement of ur head???.. if this is true, then its good they have a headset....

where is a link to any of this thought??

ZinGy said:
-There is also word that Nintendo in private sessions has big plans for the Wii headset. Talk is, that Nintendo wants to lean away from having the headset only for online capability. They are wanting to go further. Having the headset of course include a microphone for use in games is a given. But there was also talk of a late to launch release of this “gyroscopic headset” that would be supported by the sensor bar as well. To sum up the theory we were privy to. The headset would be somewhat sensitive to movement that could be translated into the game. Such as if you get up and move to the right of your television something might correspond for that in the game. Such as dodging things, looking around corners etc. It was also mentioned that it might have a unique look and non-obstructive lightweight design.

hey, wheredcha get that?

ZinGy said:
I believe the story, but not the picture.

There's no info on multiplayer and most interviews about the game have stated there will be no focus on multiplayer. Infact most sites list it as a 1player game so odds are it'll be 1player.

all i want is a headset that works great for online play for SSBB, THE Bigs, Mario strikers, Madden 08 ( if it ever has online) and what more

En4Neo said:
There's no info on multiplayer and most interviews about the game have stated there will be no focus on multiplayer. Infact most sites list it as a 1player game so odds are it'll be 1player.

yeah, but since the last 2 Metroid games have had multiplayer (echoes and hunters), why would they break the trend when releasing a game on the first nintendo console that will really support internet (opera browser, mii parade, games, etc).

and this is why Nintendo needs to start release information. release something. tell us about a headset and what games we will be able to use it on. Come on Nintendo, release info!!

FWELR said:
yeah, but since the last 2 Metroid games have had multiplayer (echoes and hunters), why would they break the trend when releasing a game on the first nintendo console that will really support internet (opera browser, mii parade, games, etc).

IDK, you'd think they'd talk about it if they did have plans.

802623b.jpg

EDIT: there we go, DS headset, straight from EBGames

Back