Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MGS4 gameplay

Discussion in 'Playstation Consoles' started by GamerCon, Jul 24, 2007.

1. GamerCon

GamerCon WiiChat Member

2. FR3344LL

FR3344LL honesty is my only excuse

i've just seen a link to this on another forum...looks mightily impressive.

there seems to be a few good idea's thrown into the mix, however i'd have
    preferred to have seen snake's animation made more realistic...he still
    minces far too much for my liking.

as for not possible of the 360? we'll have to wait and see......konami would be
    foolish to ignore the 360's userbase....if they do decide to port it, let's hope
    it's given more love and attention than MGS2 was....****ing slowdown on the
    tanker level because of a little bit of rain?

3. GamerCon

GamerCon WiiChat Member

Not saying it cant graphically, but with how big the area's are and all the AI and movements, it wont fit on one DVD. It would either be multi disc or crunched pretty bad.

4. PtonJalken

PtonJalken Ptowwnaagee!

Wii Friend Code: 7740-5070-1158-5119
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Konami already said after the '360 rumors' that they wouldnt betray the Ps3 by giving MGS4 to other consoles. So unless something terrible happens, dont count on it. The graphics were designed specifically for the ps3 on this game.

And as that looks, id say unless they did some nice code tweaking. Theyd have to remove some enviromental effects, or the 360's proccessor would ha ve terrible fps.

5. FR3344LL

yeah, see your point.

however, i'd suggest that a lot of 360 owners would put up with a
    "multi disk" version than none at all?

6. GamerCon

GamerCon WiiChat Member

Your lookin at 4 disc minimum. The question is, will Konami put up with that? After one disc, it starts to become more expensive to make for the 360. 3 or 4 disc compared to one doesnt sound good to them. Its why Mass Effect tried to keep the game on one disc.

Like Uncharted. The only reason Drake has so many position when hiding is cause they have the room to put the code in. It would be hard to put 300 different ways to hide after shooting from a corner on a DVD.

I think they will wait for MS next console, hoping it uses a bigger disc.

7. WiiBad

WiiBad Member of Wiichat

That whole space thing with Blu-ray is a trip, 3-4 discs is pretty major stuff. Third party support of these incredible games is looking pretty good for Sony now.

8. paintba||er

paintba||er WiiChat Member

Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: s
    Wii Friend Code: 8354-0173-2009-5422
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Is this available on the PS store? I want to see it in HD, but I can't check as my PS3 is updating and it is slow as ****.

Edit: Its not. :(

Edit Again:
    I can't find it in HD, besides at IGN where you have to be a damn insider to watch it, and in that link the video doesn't work anymore.

#8 paintba||er, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  9. 2slick

2slick WiiChat Member

saw this earlier, f.ing amazing. want to play it badly, but still not for $500 plus the game and whatnot. Get it below $350 and we'll talk (for both game and system). Congrats to those w/ a ps3 as you'll get to play the title soon.

Hopefully it'll somehow get to the 360 so I don't have to pay for a system for one game. Who knows. None of you work for Konami or for MGS 4, so I dunno why you're claiming it will or will not show up on another console.

Damn good looking game though.

The only problems I have from that demo are the a.i. detection, I mean a couple times the a.i. clearly saw him and didn't react. hopefully that'll be fixed and tightened up.

Also the whole stealth suit anywhere thing, I get the feeling it'll be OMG, I'm in a fight, run around the corner, put my suit on and hide in front of the oppositions face. Can't believe those bird robots didn't drop bombs on his ass when he was croutching on the ground.....again hopefully fixed up.

10. PtonJalken

PtonJalken Ptowwnaagee!

7740-5070-1158-5119
    If there are soldiers aware of his presence, he wouldnt be able to hide easily. Have you even played MGS before?

And the bird thing was more of a staged presence, as in it would happen no matter what. It wasnt designed to attack Snake at that time.

And itll be Ps3-only, because that is how MGS is. And Konami have stated they will keep it there. The only way xbox will get it is a revised copy in several years like the other versions have done. But it could possibly need a big tone-down due to disk space.

11. GamerCon

GamerCon WiiChat Member

The only problem is Hideo said it will be using the whole disc, and may need a second one. To say it has a high chance of 360 would be stupid.

Snake alone has the most free movements I've seen in a game. Being able to crawl, roll, and roll onto his back and shoot are just a few things that separate this game from any others. Even now 360 cant do half as much. The biggest game Mass Effect will be a basic shooter. Like Gears was a detailed game, but not much as far as character freedom.

12. paintba||er

8354-0173-2009-5422
    I haven't been a big fan of this series, I actually hated all the others, but this just looks so cool that I'm considering buying it. But what is up with that barrel? How the hell can he sneak around with a barrel in his pocket? And how can the people he is rolling up on not hear it?

13. GamerCon

GamerCon WiiChat Member

Ah, the mysteries of Metal Gear.

In theory, over the many years Snake has managed to turn his anus into a compartment. Able to hold things from rations and magazines to cardboard boxes and rocket launchers, but only Hideo himself knows his anatomy. I can only speculate.

14. PtonJalken

PtonJalken Ptowwnaagee!

7740-5070-1158-5119
    If you wanna be THAT picky (hehe).

They probably didnt hear in THAT scenario due to the war going on around them, i dunno. And the box/barrel thing is a joke. Theres always those types of things in MGS

I thought it was more his stomach he hid stuff in, like in MGS1 with his smokes he hid in his stomach.

15. Joe

Joe Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5856-5939-3035-0479
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    Oh My GOD! Now I understand why Sony is in love with Blue Ray. I loved every Metal Gear Solid game and this one gave me the chills. MGS4 is incredible, Hideo Kojima is incredible, the PS3 is incredible!!!
    Thanks a lot for the video GamerCon!

16. paintba||er

8354-0173-2009-5422
    That barrel was really a joke? It didn't seem like one to me. Maybe it would understand it if I was Japanese....

Do you guys think I would like this if I hated all the other ones and hate stealth games? It doesn't seem to likely, but I am drooling over this one.

17. GamerCon

GamerCon WiiChat Member

Did anyone else notice in MGS2 the box had Zone of the Enders on it?

I dont know. The game is cool and all but I'll be playing for the story. It helps when it looks badass. Im not sure what you will think of it paint, if its just for the game play.

18. GypsyKid

GypsyKid WiiChat Member

This Video doesn't play for me. Anywhere else I can see it?

19. paintba||er

8354-0173-2009-5422
    Ya, it doesn't work for me either. It did earlier, but I only watched the first few seconds before I decided to look for a better quality one. So here it is. Linkage

20. FR3344LL