MGS4 gameplay

GamerCon said:

i've just seen a link to this on another forum...looks mightily impressive.

there seems to be a few good idea's thrown into the mix, however i'd have
preferred to have seen snake's animation made more realistic...he still
minces far too much for my liking.

as for not possible of the 360? we'll have to wait and see......konami would be
foolish to ignore the 360's userbase....if they do decide to port it, let's hope
it's given more love and attention than MGS2 was....****ing slowdown on the
tanker level because of a little bit of rain?

Not saying it cant graphically, but with how big the area's are and all the AI and movements, it wont fit on one DVD. It would either be multi disc or crunched pretty bad.

FR3344LL said:
i've just seen a link to this on another forum...looks mightily impressive.

there seems to be a few good idea's thrown into the mix, however i'd have
preferred to have seen snake's animation made more realistic...he still
minces far too much for my liking.

as for not possible of the 360? we'll have to wait and see......konami would be
foolish to ignore the 360's userbase....if they do decide to port it, let's hope
it's given more love and attention than MGS2 was....****ing slowdown on the
tanker level because of a little bit of rain?

Konami already said after the '360 rumors' that they wouldnt betray the Ps3 by giving MGS4 to other consoles. So unless something terrible happens, dont count on it. The graphics were designed specifically for the ps3 on this game.

And as that looks, id say unless they did some nice code tweaking. Theyd have to remove some enviromental effects, or the 360's proccessor would ha ve terrible fps.

GamerCon said:
Not saying it cant graphically, but with how big the area's are and all the AI and movements, it wont fit on one DVD. It would either be multi disc or crunched pretty bad.
yeah, see your point.

however, i'd suggest that a lot of 360 owners would put up with a
"multi disk" version than none at all?

Your lookin at 4 disc minimum. The question is, will Konami put up with that? After one disc, it starts to become more expensive to make for the 360. 3 or 4 disc compared to one doesnt sound good to them. Its why Mass Effect tried to keep the game on one disc.

Like Uncharted. The only reason Drake has so many position when hiding is cause they have the room to put the code in. It would be hard to put 300 different ways to hide after shooting from a corner on a DVD.

I think they will wait for MS next console, hoping it uses a bigger disc.

That whole space thing with Blu-ray is a trip, 3-4 discs is pretty major stuff. Third party support of these incredible games is looking pretty good for Sony now.

Is this available on the PS store? I want to see it in HD, but I can't check as my PS3 is updating and it is slow as ****.

Edit: Its not. :(

Edit Again:
I can't find it in HD, besides at IGN where you have to be a damn insider to watch it, and in that link the video doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:
saw this earlier, f.ing amazing. want to play it badly, but still not for $500 plus the game and whatnot. Get it below $350 and we'll talk (for both game and system). Congrats to those w/ a ps3 as you'll get to play the title soon.

Hopefully it'll somehow get to the 360 so I don't have to pay for a system for one game. Who knows. None of you work for Konami or for MGS 4, so I dunno why you're claiming it will or will not show up on another console.

Damn good looking game though.

The only problems I have from that demo are the a.i. detection, I mean a couple times the a.i. clearly saw him and didn't react. hopefully that'll be fixed and tightened up.

Also the whole stealth suit anywhere thing, I get the feeling it'll be OMG, I'm in a fight, run around the corner, put my suit on and hide in front of the oppositions face. Can't believe those bird robots didn't drop bombs on his ass when he was croutching on the ground.....again hopefully fixed up.

2slick said:
saw this earlier, f.ing amazing. want to play it badly, but still not for $500 plus the game and whatnot. Get it below $350 and we'll talk (for both game and system). Congrats to those w/ a ps3 as you'll get to play the title soon.

Hopefully it'll somehow get to the 360 so I don't have to pay for a system for one game. Who knows. None of you work for Konami or for MGS 4, so I dunno why you're claiming it will or will not show up on another console.

Damn good looking game though.

The only problems I have from that demo are the a.i. detection, I mean a couple times the a.i. clearly saw him and didn't react. hopefully that'll be fixed and tightened up.

Also the whole stealth suit anywhere thing, I get the feeling it'll be OMG, I'm in a fight, run around the corner, put my suit on and hide in front of the oppositions face. Can't believe those bird robots didn't drop bombs on his ass when he was croutching on the ground.....again hopefully fixed up.

If there are soldiers aware of his presence, he wouldnt be able to hide easily. Have you even played MGS before?

And the bird thing was more of a staged presence, as in it would happen no matter what. It wasnt designed to attack Snake at that time.

And itll be Ps3-only, because that is how MGS is. And Konami have stated they will keep it there. The only way xbox will get it is a revised copy in several years like the other versions have done. But it could possibly need a big tone-down due to disk space.

The only problem is Hideo said it will be using the whole disc, and may need a second one. To say it has a high chance of 360 would be stupid.

Snake alone has the most free movements I've seen in a game. Being able to crawl, roll, and roll onto his back and shoot are just a few things that separate this game from any others. Even now 360 cant do half as much. The biggest game Mass Effect will be a basic shooter. Like Gears was a detailed game, but not much as far as character freedom.

I haven't been a big fan of this series, I actually hated all the others, but this just looks so cool that I'm considering buying it. But what is up with that barrel? How the hell can he sneak around with a barrel in his pocket? And how can the people he is rolling up on not hear it?

paintba||er said:
I haven't been a big fan of this series, I actually hated all the others, but this just looks so cool that I'm considering buying it. But what is up with that barrel? How the hell can he sneak around with a barrel in his pocket? And how can the people he is rolling up on not hear it?
Ah, the mysteries of Metal Gear.

In theory, over the many years Snake has managed to turn his anus into a compartment. Able to hold things from rations and magazines to cardboard boxes and rocket launchers, but only Hideo himself knows his anatomy. I can only speculate.

paintba||er said:

If you wanna be THAT picky (hehe).

They probably didnt hear in THAT scenario due to the war going on around them, i dunno. And the box/barrel thing is a joke. Theres always those types of things in MGS

GamerCon said:
Ah, the mysteries of Metal Gear.

In theory, over the many years Snake has managed to turn his anus into a compartment. Able to hold things from rations and magazines to cardboard boxes and rocket launchers, but only Hideo himself knows his anatomy. I can only speculate.

I thought it was more his stomach he hid stuff in, like in MGS1 with his smokes he hid in his stomach.

Oh My GOD! Now I understand why Sony is in love with Blue Ray. I loved every Metal Gear Solid game and this one gave me the chills. MGS4 is incredible, Hideo Kojima is incredible, the PS3 is incredible!!!
Thanks a lot for the video GamerCon!

Back