hahahahah, ANOTHER sony exclusive lost!

That's like Sony losing Ridge Racer. I'm still waiting for Konami to confirm the rumor of MGS4 for the 360. If Sony loses MGS4 to the 360 for exclusiveness they are boned. You can make or break an empire with a single game. A lot of people believe Tetris was one of the key games that ruined Atari when Nintendo claimed ownership. Of coarse most know FF7 gave the PS1's epic start off. Microsoft has Gears of War. Nintendo has Zelda. Sony has nothing so far. Resistance is good, but no system seller.

err...The company is is just falling apart!
Maybe a good thing....but It will just be Nintendo and Microsoft if the company goes out of buisness.....maybe a new company will be born...WHO KNOWS! but Im not just basing this off the Ace Combat loss but the PS3 in general!

Joe said:
err...The company is is just falling apart!
Maybe a good thing....but It will just be Nintendo and Microsoft if the company goes out of buisness.....maybe a new company will be born...WHO KNOWS! but Im not just basing this off the Ace Combat loss but the PS3 in general!
The Okama Gamesphere, set to release March 2009
gamesphereeh5.jpg

What's amazing is game companies can rise or fall a whole lot faster than before. They may have a shorter run than the Neo Geo. Sony starting out knew the importance of exclusive titles. This was how they became #1! At this rate it's a repeat of Nintendo and Sega. Only I'd argue any day of the week Sega did a lot better, and managed to really hold in there.

sagema said:
What's amazing is game companies can rise or fall a whole lot faster than before. They may have a shorter run than the Neo Geo. Sony starting out knew the importance of exclusive titles. This was how they became #1! At this rate it's a repeat of Nintendo and Sega. Only I'd argue any day of the week Sega did a lot better, and managed to really hold in there.
lol. The sega cd/3do/saturn beats the super nintendo/N64 anyday .....NOT!:mad2:

It seems that these days more and more games are becoming multiplatform. The problem with that is Sony benefits the least. It NEEDS to justify consumers spending $600 on a PS3 with exclusive games (Sony is planning to cut the price of stand-alone BR players soon). But it can't do that if all of the PS3 games are flying to the 360. Be honest, if a game is on the 360 and PS3, and you don't have either system, wouldn't you be more inclined to get the cheaper product? Multiplatformism benefits Microsoft the most and hurts Sony the most.

Right now, Bill Gates must be partying like it's 1985. The 360 is "stealing" more and more games from the PS3. Though Devil May Cry 4 is on the PS3, I would go for the cheaper consoles aka the 360. The PS3 still have some great exclusives though. But Sony really needs to attempt to keep the 3rd parties from "jumping ship".

sagema said:
Of coarse most know FF7 gave the PS1's epic start off. Microsoft has Gears of War. Nintendo has Zelda. Sony has nothing so far. Resistance is good, but no system seller.
Microsoft have Halo, Gears of War didn't help launch the xbox name.

retro_joe said:

Lol? You are joking there right Yes they have Halo.. But wasnt it on PC too?

Gears Of War Is a top reason for buying a 360 in my opinion and sold like hot cakes.

(Currently have GOW On Pause to type this Post)

Im suprised many didnt realise theres a new trend in the gaming industry. Its called multiplatform. Developers miss out on profit when sticking to just one system. More and More companies are preferring to release it on multipul platforms. Which is good because it means that consoles wont have to rely on exclusive titles to make their systems appealing.

RandomTaco you make it sound like Sony magically lost out on something, its quite the opposite actually. This has nothing to do with sony's system, nor their company. Its purely a growing trend in which game developers are growing their balls back. Sony didnt really lose anything, capcom (im refering to the devil may cry 4 going multiplatform) will have earned more money however.

Last edited:
spirit0flight said:
Lol? You are joking there right Yes they have Halo.. But wasnt it on PC too?

Gears Of War Is a top reason for buying a 360 in my opinion and sold like hot cakes.

(Currently have GOW On Pause to type this Post)

Your right, after all, Windows has nothing to do with Microsoft...........

EDIT: Also, it was released on Xbox way before PC, then only reason PC has it, is because its MICROSOFT :O

Last edited:
retro_joe said:

EDIT: Also, it was released on Xbox way before PC, then only reason PC has it, is because its MICROSOFT :O

Yes but i think what we was on about was Games that would SELL the console.. and as Halo 3 Is not out yet.. GOW is a 360 Seller..

sagema said:
Of coarse most know FF7 gave the PS1's epic start off. Microsoft has Gears of War. Nintendo has Zelda. Sony has nothing so far. Resistance is good, but no system seller.

I dont see him say 360 anywhere :eek:ut:

Me said:
Me said:

i dont see me saying anything about 360.

spirit0flight said:
Yes but i think what we was on about was Games that would SELL the console.. and as Halo 3 Is not out yet.. GOW is a 360 Seller..
You dont seem to get it, i said "Microsoft has Halo", which is true, compare Halo fans to GoW fans. I dont see a GoW 2, or a third in the making. Plus it wasn't out 5 years ago. Microsoft has Halo, i stand by my statement.

zzz.. Nm i not gonna quote again but the whole post/thread was about PS3/Sony Losing a title.. a Title that somebody would go an Buy a PS3 just to play....

I was just stating a game that is out NOW that would make some go buy a Microsoft Xbox 360.

There is bound to be a GoW 2... Sometime in the future..

the rebirth

I LOVE my Wii. i camped out 15 hrs at Best buy for it, and it was worth every minute. But remember that company that quietly went away? Well they are gonna storm back! Sega will rise again!

Back