My dusty corner...

Darkprinny said:
Third person as in gods eye veiw ?
Or do you mean secound person as in over the shoulder ?

*Second
And it's third person. Dunno how the **** you got second person. o_O;;

It's impossible to make a second person game.
First person - Refers to someone as Me, Myself, I, etc.
Second person - Refers to someone as You.
Third person - Refers to someone as Him/Her, They, etc.

There is first person view, where you become the person and see everything as they do, thus being your view, giving the feeling that the character is actually, YOU, the person who is playing.

Second person is impossible, since referring to YOU would not be possible since... Well, that speaks for itself. xP

Third person is over-the-shoulder or a camera view like the over-the-head **** in Final Fantasy and stuff. Thus allowing you to see the character and refer to said character as him or her.

Second is over the shoulder
As if someone is looking over your shoulder

Third is as if theres is a above veiw

I don't like playing console games online, I have my pc for that. Consoles are something you buy when you're a kid cause you can't afford a descent pc. . You all talk about how the 360 and the ps3 can do these amazing things. But consoles will never surpass the graphics of a good rig, or it's versatility. Sure, if I was between 12-17 years old and still in high school I'd be all over the ps3 and 360, and I was like that too when the first gen psx came out. Hailing them for their performance and features. But now when I look at console games, I just can't stop but be disappointed. I find now that I'm older, it takes a whole lot more to impress me in a video game. Simple racing games I would have found cool before are now boring. And that's the thing, that's why the ps3 is failing, parents can't afford or don't want to spoil their kids with 750$ gaming consoles. And the games that are out right now will only appeal to younger gamers that are too young to afford such things,or have yet the gaming experience to get bored with low budget games that you play by yourself.. The only people that buy the ps3 are parents who spoil their kids, or the older fanboy that has yet to move on. I bought a wii, cause it was cheap, and it's fun to play with friends. If I want to play by myself I'll play competitively on my pc, on vent talking with my friends who are playing different games, listening to some music, youtubing between rounds/maps, and chatting on IM all at the same time. No console can let me multi-task like that. Yes I will buy a ps3 someday, when it can offer me a game I actually want to play, and no other gaming console/pc rig can give me. Like grand turismo, or a new metal gear. And even then, it's not worth 750$ I will wait 'til the price drops hundreds of dollars, there's no hurry. It will take another 6 or 8 years until the next gen consoles come out anyway, and only a few titles will ever catch my eye. "it's a blu-ray player it's totally worth it, cause blue=ray players cost more than the ps3" who cares, I'm a hardcore gamer, not a hardcore movie watcher, I don't care about watching movies on 1080p. I'm a gamer, I wanna play video games, I don't wanna watch movies.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, or at least get somebody angry enough to try to prove me wrong. I would have had the same reaction a few years back. But in the end, you will all come to the same realization that I did.

If I offended somebody I apologize.

Darkprinny said:
Third person as in gods eye veiw ?
Or do you mean secound person as in over the shoulder ?
tps is what they categorize it, from waht ive seen
gods eye view is birds eye view from what i know
yahh like you always say, check wikipedia, it says: Gears of War (usually shortened Gears or GoW) is a tactical third-person shooter

Nitram said:
I don't like playing console games online, I have my pc for that. Consoles are something you buy when you're a kid cause you can't afford a descent pc. . You all talk about how the 360 and the ps3 can do these amazing things. But consoles will never surpass the graphics of a good rig, or it's versatility. Sure, if I was between 12-17 years old and still in high school I'd be all over the ps3 and 360, and I was like that too when the first gen psx came out. Hailing them for their performance and features. But now when I look at console games, I just can't stop but be disappointed. I find now that I'm older, it takes a whole lot more to impress me in a video game. Simple racing games I would have found cool before are now boring. And that's the thing, that's why the ps3 is failing, parents can't afford or don't want to spoil their kids with 750$ gaming consoles. And the games that are out right now will only appeal to younger gamers that are too young to afford such things,or have yet the gaming experience to get bored with low budget games that you play by yourself.. The only people that buy the ps3 are parents who spoil their kids, or the older fanboy that has yet to move on. I bought a wii, cause it was cheap, and it's fun to play with friends. If I want to play by myself I'll play competitively on my pc, on vent talking with my friends who are playing different games, listening to some music, youtubing between rounds/maps, and chatting on IM all at the same time. No console can let me multi-task like that. Yes I will buy a ps3 someday, when it can offer me a game I actually want to play, and no other gaming console/pc rig can give me. Like grand turismo, or a new metal gear. And even then, it's not worth 750$ I will wait 'til the price drops hundreds of dollars, there's no hurry. It will take another 6 or 8 years until the next gen consoles come out anyway, and only a few titles will ever catch my eye. "it's a blu-ray player it's totally worth it, cause blue=ray players cost more than the ps3" who cares, I'm a hardcore gamer, not a hardcore movie watcher, I don't care about watching movies on 1080p. I'm a gamer, I wanna play video games, I don't wanna watch movies.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, or at least get somebody angry enough to try to prove me wrong. I would have had the same reaction a few years back. But in the end, you will all come to the same realization that I did.

If I offended somebody I apologize.

i read like the first paragraph
i just use my PC for RTSs cause i dont like playing any other games on the PC, i pefer playing them on the console, so you cant just say its cause i cant afford a good pc rig, cause not all people want to sit and play on a PC, console offers things such as playing next to your buddies and what not, its more of a social thing....

and since when was there a $750 gaming console?

oo i read a little more and with all your vent stuff
360 is coming to the point where you can do all of that
with the fall update they are hoping to get multi-person voice chat rooms and if they ever release a browser, then all that of what you said can be done. cause you can use IM on your 360, and can chat with friends while theyre playing different games and what not, and i think also in the future update you can chat with people on the PC through voice, atleast you can in games

Last edited:
I know you can do that, but not at the same time, or switch between it all at the same speeds, it's not efficient. You can play rts on consoles too. And yes, playing with friends is awesome, witch is about the only time I ever play an fps on a console. and even then, when I'm with my friends we'd rather play something more fun to play in groups like mario party or a fighting game, but that's our opinion. If it's more a social thing fine, it would make you a casual gamer. If you game a lot you can't tell me your friends are over most of the time, and if they are, that will change one day. witch is what makes the pc better and more worth the $. cause you're friends, will not always be there to play with you
the ps3 is 750$ in my currency

yes consoles are getting browsers and all that, but you can't tell me it's the same thing as on a pc, you can't play the game and browse at the same time, and im at the same time as your are playing

Last edited:
Nitram said:
I know you can do that, but not at the same time, or switch between it all at the same speeds, it's not efficient. You can play rts on consoles too. And yes, playing with friends is awesome, witch is about the only time I ever play an fps on a console. and even then, when I'm with my friends we'd rather play something more fun to play in groups like mario party or a fighting game, but that's our opinion. If it's more a social thing fine, it would make you a casual gamer. If you game a lot you can't tell me your friends are over most of the time, and if they are, that will change one day. witch is what makes the pc better and more worth the $. cause you're friends, will not always be there to play with you
the ps3 is 750$ in my currency

yes consoles are getting browsers and all that, but you can't tell me it's the same thing as on a pc, you can't play the game and browse at the same time, and im at the same time as your are playing
you can IM while playing, but you have to bring the section up, just like you would have to ALT+TAB on a computer
and you can IM chat and play games at the same speed as on a computer, typing is slower sure, but thats why youd just use a microphone, the reason why you chat with IM on computers is because most people dont have mics which is not the case for a 360
i could be chatting with a friend, while playing a game, and listening to music on my 360, just like i would on a computer, i could be IMing, but it is slower, but isnt needed as it is on a computer

exactly, typing is slower, I voice chat with my friends that do game and IM with my friends that don't,, And I don't alt tab, it's the simple procedure of moving my mouse over to the right on my other monitor.that's why I'm saying "at the same time"

It's still not as versatile, you can't install all the software you want on console. that's why it's not worth the money.

Nitram said:
exactly, typing is slower, I voice chat with my friends that do game and IM with my friends that don't,, And I don't alt tab, it's the simple procedure of moving my mouse over to the right on my other monitor.that's why I'm saying "at the same time"

It's still not as versatile, you can't install all the software you want on console. that's why it's not worth the money.
right
but also if i just used a pc id be missing out on games like
gears of war
dead rising
too human
sure i could have a pc that dose everything, but i still stand by i dont like playingi games on a pc as much as a console and the social part >.>
not all my friends are pc gamers, not by a long shot, but they do have consoles.

I agree with your point, if most your friends are console gamers go for it. and as for missing games... well like I said, I can wait for those, and the xbox360 is totally worth the money IMO. I'm mostly bashing the ps3 right now. and, I game on a pc cause, well, I like to multi-task, and all my friends are on there... plus, I game too much to use the tv that much... when you move in with your girlfriend or something, she's not gonna like it you hogging the tv so much... unless of course, she games as well...

Nitram said:
I agree with your point, if most your friends are console gamers go for it. and as for missing games... well like I said, I can wait for those, and the xbox360 is totally worth the money IMO. I'm mostly bashing the ps3 right now. and, I game on a pc cause, well, I like to multi-task, and all my friends are on there... plus, I game too much to use the tv that much... when you move in with your girlfriend or something, she's not gonna like it you hogging the tv so much... unless of course, she games as well...
i actually use to game on the pc (would only play my RTSs) but my 3 sisters constantly wanted to use the computer, opposite situation for me :lol:

Darkprinny said:
Second is over the shoulder
As if someone is looking over your shoulder

Third is as if theres is a above veiw

Nope, actually. Like I said, second peson is "YOU", and YOU can't be in a game.
Unless the game solely revolved around a webcam feed. THEN it could be second person with a narrator.
Over-the-shoulder and over-head are the same damned thing. Just different angles of view.

I still say second person

This is a debate that is old as hell
Some say second person some say third

Also :
The wiki can get things wrong

Back