My playing style

The Target

WiiChat Member
May 7, 2011
North East U.K
Wii Online Code
3431-3140-7926-8657
Hi everyone, I'm new to Goldeneye and forums in general so go easy on me, I was wondering if I'm causing a nuisance with my playing style.

I like to run and gun up close and it works fairly well for me, but I get killed a lot, (I am getting better gradually) Should I change my playing style for the benefit of my team in Team Conflict or should I keep persevering with it?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Running and gunning is definitely the best way to get used to the game and the maps. You should practice hip-firing whenever you are really close to an enemy- if you ADS the snap will go crazy.
uuum what else... don't be afraid to die! You'll learn the maps and traffic as you play more and you'll get better in no time.

Also, adding other people will vastly improve your game. You can check out their strategies and it's also a lot more fun! Sorry for the novel, good luck!

for me certain maps are better for the run and gun style. but there are certain maps where most of the action takes place in one general area. for instance the docks. is the boat room, if you are lvl 38 you can take a rifle with infared scope and pick off people coming in.

the archives is the top room where MI6 starts in TC. i throw a remote mine and get a couple at a time.

the outpost is either or. run and gun or let em come to you. depends on the ppl.

station is run and gun

sewer is toss up.

industrial is mostly in 2 spots

memorial is run and gun

cant think of any others right now.

if anyone wants to add my my FC is on my profile
A C E
lvl 42

To run and gun is perfectly fine if you know how to execute it well enough that you can finish the game with a 2:1 or better k/d ratio.

My style is run and gun for the most part. I rarely stay put in one area for no more than a few seconds. Once you master the art of run and gun you can rack up kills fast. Also what Bhaus said, learn to hip-fire. Also straffing is a nice accent to add to hip-firing. Good luck!

Let me add, you have to be smart at it. You cant just run all over the map and not know whats going on and expect to be on the winning team when you have 10 or more deaths and half the kills. If you hear lots of gun fire which is inevitable always look at the radar for which direction the action is and once you learn the maps you will know exactly where the action is just by seeing all the red and yellow on the radar.

Learn all the maps, pay close attention to the radar, listen to gun fire, learn how each gun sounds when fired and be cautious when running in open areas, look around quick before venturing out in to the open because there are tons of people that camp and wait for people like that, try and stick around as much cover as possible you'll be a sitting duck on a lot of the maps if you dont stick around cover..... Once you get better at shooting, staying around cover wont be a problem. Learn these things and eventually you'll become even better than you are now.

Last edited:
There are maps where it's a good idea to camp, and there are maps where it's a really, really bad idea. If you feel like camping, take a sniper rifle and look around the map. If you see a hallway or room or something where there's only one entrance, it's a good camper spot.
For more actual sniping and less camping, look for a place where you'll be at least partially shielded from view. For this style, it'd be best to wait until you've unlocked the silencer, so that you don't give away your position in one shot.
For the most part, run-n'-gun is supported by any map, and it can get you some good sniper kills. It's up to you and whatever feels best for ya.

Thank you all very much, I appreciate you all helping me try to become better, Hopefully I will be attacking you all soon (Ha Ha)

Back