Necessity to camp?

ABC said:
Nah, Nintendo is sending a steady flow of shipment probably once or twice a week. If you don't get it this Sunday, keep trying every day.

Nintendo is going to have two or three more shipments before Christmas. Thats about once every two weeks.

santascow said:
Nintendo is going to have two or three more shipments before Christmas. Thats about once every two weeks.
the annoying part is calling daily to check though

Wow, the gaming scene in America is sooooo different to Australia. The shops here wouldnt even dare to those sort of line-ups. We have midnight launches, but due to the nature of the shops, and security, it would be impossible to be queued up outside them hours before-hand. And I dont think the demand for pre-orders is quite as great (our local Toys R Us only has 100 pre-orders down, admittedly EB etc would have more but I didnt ask).
I'll probably tread to Japan when the next Nintendo arrives, just so I can 'experience' one of these pre-order queues :smilewinkgrin:

So how the hell do you get your Wii? Everyone shows up at the same exact time?

I live in bloomington indiana do i need to camp? I plan on getting one for x-mas anyway? My best buy only got 4 ps3's!!!:hand:

haha, well according to Nintendo there will be plenty of Wii's on launch day, no matter where you are. And I'm sure, at least, that my local Toys R Us will have more than 100 Wii's on hand from day one. If not, a Big W is 5mins from my house, and they hardly ever attract hardcore gamers.

daddyfatsackz,
Are you going to the one on Woodmen? I saw 4 people there at around 3:00pm. I think I'm going to try at Best Buy on Powers. I talked to an employee there that I camped next to in the Xbox 360 line last year and he told me he couldnt give me the exact number that they were selling. I asked him if it was more than 30 because I wanted to know how soon I needed to get my crap ready and do some camping. He leaned over and whispered that they had more than a hundred ready. My plan is to start camping at 9:00am.

Russ

my walmart isnt lettin people inside, they just dont want us to get popped in there store, if they let us in itd be strate, ****ers

ianhxman said:
arent walmarts letting ppl inside? or is that not uniform....bleh teens?:ee5k:

Not all of them, the Walmart were I am was going to let people in but today they decided not to because they had too much trouble with the PS3 people inside last night. So their making everyone line up outside.

SGXX said:
theres one by my place that supposedly is going to have 210 Wii's based on this tracker website: Wiiseeker - Find a Nintendo Wii Near Home
That tracker is nowhere near accurate. I have checked personally, our Walmart is geting 29 (tracker says 53), Best Buy is getting 24 (tracker says 53), Target is 24 (tracker is right), EB is 12 (tracker says 24, all 12 are spoken for in pre-orders). Not to mention that it has St. Joseph stores and Kansas City stores having all the same numbers. Kansas City is about 5x bigger than St. Joseph.

yeah that tracker is off. It's showing 53 for the Walmart here and they said they only have around 20.

In reality, everyone is camping for the MIDNIGHT release. However; when Target opens Sunday morning, its going to be rather easy to obtain one.

Back