New To PC Gaming

I hate Quake III, another bull*** future weapon multiplayer game. Except I can't f***ing move, as soon as I respawn I'm dead. I guess id was the first ones to also be stupid in making online games that don't amount to s***. The same goes for Unreal Tournament games. It wasn't like that for me playing battlefield 3 because I felt that I can actually stay alive longer than .001 seconds; I was actually able to stay alive one round for 10 minutes and dead not die and I fought! Sadly, you still can get shot during respond, but I still felt a little more realism than bulls*** future weapon games.

You're claiming that Battlefield 3 is better than Quake and unreal tournament....
Have you considered that maybe you just suck at the games?

Yes I f***ing suck at all the games that, for a fact; use mod creation. Now Battlefield 3, I feel that the realism gave me the advantage. I'm able to hide which isn't any point to UTIII or QIII. So while people that can precisely aim at my head with the wide open space gives them vantage against me. Even if I pratice, I'm stuck with a controller, not a mouse which is more precise. I recently bought Half-Life: Anthology from Steam; I'm have same issues except I'm confused at why I can shoot the living f*** out of a character with a bazooka 3 times (2 Direct hits; one near him to harm) yet I still die first before he does (even as I strafe back & forth).

Maybe I need a tip or some help.

I feel that the realism gave me the advantage.I'm have same issues except I'm confused at why I can shoot the living f*** out of a character with a bazooka 3 times (2 Direct hits; one near him to harm) yet I still die first before he does

Maybe I need a tip or some help.
NEVER say that an FPS game is realistic. It's not even close.
Now then, the advantage of having a ridiculous health bar is the implementation of strategy. The best way to improve your skill is practice. There is just no alternative.
BluRayPSP said:
even as I strafe back & forth.
That should be strafe left and right. Circles will also work. And don't forget to jump like crazy.

(even as I strafe back & forth).

That should be strafe left and right. Circles will also work. And don't forget to jump like crazy.

The strafe game is ****ing useless in most, if not all shooters. In shooters where quick scoping is possible, you're dead before you change directions in a strafe. In slower paced shooters like battlefield, you should be moving in cover as much as possible and not needing to play strafe games since you'll probably be blown up, sniped, or ganged up on if you're not. If you can crouch/prone very quickly in your shooter of choice, vertical shifts are harder to punish that horizontal strafes so long as they don't have a notable height advantage if you're hellbent on abusing position games. Pump action shotties are especially vulnerable to misses from drop shots.

Also, don't forget that small advantages given to you by small strategies like dropshots matter little if you don't have the skill to make that split second count. Not saying ya lack it, but just noting that as a general rule. Skill before tactics.

Hence why I limited myself from saying t'was definitely useless in all games. :p Haven't played either of 'em, and I don't plan on it.

:p Haven't played either of 'em, and I don't plan on it.
1322329PDJLDNRa.jpg

>PC gaming
Anyone mentioned DECENT yet?

@WiiAssassin, There is a difference between the words "Realism" and "Realistic"; "Realism" is saying that whatever the subject is, is that it still has some fictional material. The subject having some realistic features, but not completely.

@Everyone else, how I play Online FPS' is simple. I do practice (Not with bots because they still cannot think like humans and learning from an older AI does not help any), I try many strategies, and I work on the most successful ones. However, it seems irrelevant with TF2 because I find it annoying because it is confusing especially if I play with a bunch of people at once (Cannot identify teammates, even by the colors they wear), and plus; I keep seeing people doing a... weird jump that involves them blowing themselves up...? I don't know what they're doing, but it deters me from wanting to play. I may mention Battlefield 3 more, but that was a beta... I haven't played the full game. I guess I'm saying I just want a similar experience.

I keep seeing people doing a... weird jump that involves them blowing themselves up...? I don't know what they're doing, but it deters me from wanting to play.

Boost jumpin' or whatever the Hat Fortress tournyfags and such call it... I wouldn't say it's worth it unless you've got a medic right by ya/with a bit of extra height you can take at least one good shot at a target you know is there, in the middle of the jump.

Yep, AT (advanced technique)-heavy games can be off putting when you aren't in the know-how. When I was new to Red Dead multiplayer, heavy reliance of rolling to kill an opponent's auto target, the relevance of getting headshots, and opponents abusing cover-shuffling got me irked somethin' fierce, and I completely avoided competitive game modes for some time. Wasn't 'till a month ago that I started mimicking their 1337 pro-legit bullshit strategies and started winning often. One month of practice, and now I'm beastin' every game.

In short, it's all a matter of getting really good at the basics of an online game, and then learning said ATs so you can keep up with the pros and become one yourself.

@WiiAssassin, There is a difference between the words "Realism" and "Realistic"; "Realism" is saying that whatever the subject is, is that it still has some fictional material. The subject having some realistic features, but not completely.
In that case, every game would be realistic.
Sometimes, it's the more unrealistic games that give you the advantage.
[video=youtube;zZwPQad5ohc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zZwPQad5ohc[/video]

Back