New Wii with DVD with player

I agree. Now, if they were to release a Wii with DVD and some extra bonuses, I would be really mad! Does anyone know when Nintendo might release the update, or is it still up in the air?

MaXiMiUS said:
Edit:

Scratch that, the boards somehow f'cking LOST my original post, oh well..

Summary: It will be a firmware update and some new software. All Wii's will be able to play DVDs, just not yet.

Nothing more, nothing less.

How many times do I need to post it before everybody reads it?

I should put this in my signature or something..

...????? Wait, I am not fully understanding this...So Nintendo is releasing a new Wii tht plays DVDs.....Is there anything else that this "new" Wii will do, cuz if so I may as well wait until this "new" Wii comes out. If all it does is just play DVDs then thats stupid, everyone has a DVD player!!

i have dvd player i got one for free but man, it's really uncomrtable. i don't even know if it is on or off until i actually turn on tv and check. i would like to get updates or i will just buy on dvd+hd dvd+blu-ray drive that just came out when the price drops.

If you all listen 2 what Maximus is saying then you wont be talking about this. There is not a new Wii coming out. There is going to be an update.

I have been trying to tell people this for a very long time " the wii has an dvd just need a update to activate it" :)

^^^^^^ funny mad little mad lol......
Look the disks that the wii use are dvd disks no???
Well then put 2 and 2 together and you will see that a SIMPLE update could make it play DVDs.....
Peace

Last edited:
No Nintendo would be smart if they did, simple we as humans not everyone but there is a enough out there that feel the money burning their pants leg and would have to go out and buy it. It wouldnt cost nintendo all that much since its the exact same wii with the firmware update lol that everyones talking about... then just slap a new and improved sticker and u will have all them ppl rushing to buy them as will lol

Back