New Xbox360's

Revival

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Hope no one's posted this already, basically I've read that because the Xbox's current CPU is stupid they're releasing a new and cooler CPU into new Xbox 360's in 2007, this could be all lies but it may not be, so if you're planning on buying one like, tommorow, don't.

Last edited:
I'm quite aware of that, I'm just repeating what I read, I guess I should've put it in a quote box, I've not got a 360 myself but is it the fan that goes mental because of the CPU making it noisy?

vagrant said:
The CPU and the fan have no connetion whatsoever. The fan is just powered from the same power supply.

And it's 65 MILLIMETER not 65 NANOMETER which would be nm.

Huh? I was assuming that the fan speed adjusted based on the temp of the CPU, does it not do this?

Revival said:
Huh? I was assuming that the fan speed adjusted based on the temp of the CPU, does it not do this?

And? The CPU doesn't make the noise, the fan does. You can technically just use straight up quieter fans. There are fans that are just mad to be super quiet.

And read my editted post above.

vagrant said:
And? The CPU doesn't make the noise, the fan does. You can technically just use straight up quieter fans. There are fans that are just mad to be super quiet.

And read my editted post above.

What I was saying was, if the CPU currently gets really hot, then the fan goes mental which makes the noise, and yes I read your edited reply, apologies sir.

...yes, obviously if they use a cooler CPU, it will require less fan power....

Not sure what that has to do with your "more quiet cpu" comment.

vagrant said:
...yes, obviously if they use a cooler CPU, it will require less fan power....

Not sure what that has to do with your "more quiet cpu" comment.

Fixed

Back