Nintendo E3 Conference Round-up

Battles said:
sodo i but i think they have to if they want the sales

Agree! What so difficult to make online games nowadays? It would be nothing if SMBB doesn't have online feature. If Mario Kart can be online, so should SMBB if Nintendo want the sales not only for the game itself but also for the console as well! I like the Zapper too, it looks kinda cool. Is it gonna be compatible with all the FPS games or just with certain games? When is it gonna be out? Wii Fit is another major innovation from Nintendo even though I might not be interested that much. I can't wait for Mario Kart; it would be so nice if it is released before the holiday season. I'll check out G4 TV for more details about E3

I'm curious as to why Europeans are pissed they didn't give European release dates.

You realize E3 is a U.S. gaming seminar/convention right?

About the dates, It's a good thing that I'm chipping my Wii so it could play american games!

The steering wheel, is that just an addition that you put the wiimote in (like with the zapper), or is it a whole new thing?

I watched all 3 press confernces. I would say Microsoft had the worst conference. They had some good trailers for MUTLI platform games, but the only good exclusive trailers were PGR4 and Mass Effect. The Halo Movie thing was cheesy. The new arcade games and the Disney movies coming online along with the above trailers saved it from being a complete failure.

Sorry fellow Nintendo fans but the Wii conference would get 2nd. They did better than MS but it felt like they were missing the big thing. Mario Kart was great and the zapper and wheel were interesting but everything else was kind of lame.

Sony had the best conference in my opinion. Other than the odd new PSP, which is just a bit smaller than the PSP now and has the same layout, everything else was fantastic. They officially announced that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots would be exclusive to the PS3. And if that wasn't bad news for the 360 fanboys, they then stated that Unreal Tournament 3 and Haze would only be on the PS3 this holiday season. No Xbox 360 release will come until 2008, by that time thousands if not millions of PS3 will have been sold because of these games. I'm not kidding, Haze is being developed by the great Timesplitters masters at Free Radical Design and UT3 is being developed by Epic Games, the guys who made Gears of War. Plus you will be able to get mods from the PC version of UT3 and use them on the PS3. This won't be possible on the 360. So I think Sony fanboys will be able to fight back at 360 fanboys who say they have no exclusives that are good. Good for them.

Last edited:
Johndoe01 said:
I like the Zapper too, it looks kinda cool. Is it gonna be compatible with all the FPS games or just with certain games? When is it gonna be out?

lol, its just a piece of plastic. its compatible with everything. its coming out bundled free with an undisclosed Nintendo game already in development later this year.

they announced plenty of games: Mario Kart Wii, Medal of Honor Wii (32 player online w00t), another rail-shooter fighting terrorists, a RPG DS game (will check name) + 100 more wii games and 140 ds games out by end of year including BW 2, MP3, SMG, Brawl, Madden, Fifa, NBA 08 all online, not to mention Wii Fit. Nintendo did good, Sony kind of stopped their downfall, but they still lose hella $$$ every time they sell a console!

Last edited:
FWELR said:
lol, its just a piece of plastic. its compatible with everything. its coming out bundled free with an undisclosed Nintendo game already in development later this year.

they announced plenty of games: Mario Kart Wii, Medal of Honor Wii (32 player online w00t), another rail-shooter fighting terrorists, a RPG DS game (will check name) + 100 more wii games and 140 ds games out by end of year including BW 2, MP3, SMG, Brawl, Madden, Fifa, NBA 08 all online, not to mention Wii Fit. Nintendo did good, Sony kind of stopped their downfall, but they still lose hella $$$ every time they sell a console!

For some reason it feels a lot better than ANY third party acessories. I'm starting to worry about brawl. Do we have to disband the clans?? :scared: :sick:

I didn't see the detailed picture of the Wii Zapper until a moment ago. Now I agree that it's just a piece of plastic but who would have thought about putting the nunchuk & wiiremote together to make it feel like a gun, right? That's just another smart thinking from Nintendo! The price is reasonable too: $19.99 bundled with a game! Just like WiiPlay bundled with Wiiremote.

Johndoe01 said:
I didn't see the detailed picture of the Wii Zapper until a moment ago. Now I agree that it's just a piece of plastic but who would have thought about putting the nunchuk & wiiremote together to make it feel like a gun, right? That's just another smart thinking from Nintendo! The price is reasonable too: $19.99 bundled with a game! Just like WiiPlay bundled with Wiiremote.

Yea its cool, and its an acessory by Nintendo which adds to its worth. :)

YAY, mario kart wii. and not doubles this time :) and brawl 3rd of december. it'll be january in australia.....bugger stupid americans get wat they want.

How about demo playability for the VC? I would much rather play the first level of a game before I decide to spend £4-£7 on it.

And any mention about Sonic and Mario Olympics? I know what to expect, but just wondering if anything was shown, etc.

is there anywhere on Sky that i can watch e3? i looked an i don't think its got g4tv, but i was wonderin if another channel in the uk has it?

Back