Nintendo shutting down friend code sharing websites--A MUST READ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt nintendo is upset that they use friendscodes, its probably more the fact they used www.friendcodes.com something they feel entitled to own because they have the patent on the phrase. If anything i would sell it to Nintendo they themself would probably never use the domaine but whatever. Then take all that big cash setup a new exchange site and be done with it.

Honestly Nintendo doesnt have the right to a domaine just because they hold the trademark for the word. Internet Domains have always been first come first serve. At worst they could force them to take away refferences to Nintendo's friends codes but thats it. Even then its not soemthing that would be eaisly won in court. Specailly when they are telling a fan site to take it down not a competitior.

VidyaVince said:
Better be some early April Fools.

If not...

Hey, Nintendo!

urafagetletterox2.png

lol I agree. In addition, If it's true, it's showing that Nintendo is still taking steps to "protect" their friendly name and may never improve their online quality/features due to this...

Chewtoy said:
What are they afraid will happen??? Nintendo's friend code idea is retarded anyway, none of the other consoles have anything like it and noone has been E-raped yet have they? That's where the whole "request " thing comes in if you don't want to be there friend click NO! No means no! Lol besides what do they expect that you're only going to play with the few people that you have face to face contact with in order to get friend codes?

Yea I know right! Sorry for the double post, please don't beat me.

wezeles said:
Honestly Nintendo doesnt have the right to a domaine just because they hold the trademark for the word. Internet Domains have always been first come first serve.

There have been MANY cases where people have been forced through lawsuits to give up domain names that infringe on trademarks of companies.

It turns out that this was a joke like I thought, plotted by the administrators of both Nintendo-play, and Friendcodes. However, so many angry Friendcodes members emailed Nintendo, it's quite possible that Friendcodes will be shut down now.

If you want to close this thread, feel free. This was an incredibly stupid joke, that may really have gotten Friendcodes into trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back