Nintendo shutting down friend code sharing websites--A MUST READ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marioman said:
This is a bunch of crap seriously...were helping nintendo if anything else...I agree with DP...APRIL FOOL'S

I would agree.... However, even the Nsider forums had a rule that prohibited the exchanging of friends codes between members. Thus, any member seeing doing so would be possibly banned.

Syntax said:
I would agree.... However, even the Nsider forums had a rule that prohibited the exchanging of friends codes between members. Thus, any member seeing doing so would be possibly banned.
That might of been a personal preffrance
Wii all have seen people tryin to do fc threads on ere (and the amount of newcomers askin for brawl fcs)
So maybe it sorted it
kinda

Syntax said:
Yea I heard that too, but why did that rule go into effect. I don't understand why exchanging friend codes could possibly hurt anyone or anything...

What are they afraid will happen??? Nintendo's friend code idea is retarded anyway, none of the other consoles have anything like it and noone has been E-raped yet have they? That's where the whole "request " thing comes in if you don't want to be there friend click NO! No means no! Lol besides what do they expect that you're only going to play with the few people that you have face to face contact with in order to get friend codes?

I guess nintendo doensn't want there online gaming community to grow and play together. I hope this is just an april fools joke, the friend code system is already flawed and these sites are very helpful in finding people to play with. I don't see any downside to exchanging codes over a forum, but who knows. Nintendo should be excited that people are playing there game and wanting to play together. GO WII CHAT.

To me, it makes no sense as to why they would choose to do this. No offence, but if Nintendo wants to keep ahead of its competition the banning of friend code sharing over line is a step back for them. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 offer friend code sharing and have had no problems with their users sharing gamertags/codes online. To me, it seems as if they're afraid of something.

Syntax said:
To me, it makes no sense as to why they would choose to do this. No offence, but if Nintendo wants to keep ahead of its competition the banning of friend code sharing over line is a step back for them. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 offer friend code sharing and have had no problems with their users sharing gamertags/codes online. To me, it seems as if they're afraid of something.

That or they are planning to get rid of them altogether, although I don't see why they would be warning sites about keeping them up. Either way you look at it its bogus, how else am I supposed to share codes. Sorry but none of my friends that live in my area have a Wii, so forums is really the only way I can get codes.

Plus whats next, filtering Msn Messenger from sharing codes over that as well/tapping phones? :lol: Seriously its ludacris.

Can anyone think of why nintendo would want to do this? I really can't think of anything negative about exchanging friend codes with people over the internet. It is not like their online service will give you that much information about the person you are playing. Their is not even any voice chat. I like your idea about tapping the phones. That would be pretty hilarious. I would definately make fun of the person who had that job.

Everyone has totally misunderstood.

Assuming this is real in the first place, the notice is to sites whose names infringe on Nintendo copyrights and trademarks. Unfortunately, from a legal standpoint, if you don't enforce your trademarks, you can lose them entirely.

It has nothing to do with the trading of friend codes.

Skippy said:
Everyone has totally misunderstood.

Assuming this is real in the first place, the notice is to sites whose names infringe on Nintendo copyrights and trademarks. Unfortunately, from a legal standpoint, if you don't enforce your trademarks, you can lose them entirely.

It has nothing to do with the trading of friend codes.

So will they be taking down every forum with Wii in the title? It would be stupid of Nintendo to shut down a site that encourages more users to play online.

Napalmbrain said:
So will they be taking down every forum with Wii in the title? It would be stupid of Nintendo to shut down a site that encourages more users to play online.

Hard to say what they'll do.

Sometimes the legal departments of big companies go off on their own and send out legal notices when the rest of the company doesn't care about, or even encourages, fan sites. So it's possible it will all just die out, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sounds like a joke to me. If they were to crack down sites because of copyright infringement that'd be dumb. Countless sites out there has the names like Wii, Nintendo, Friendcodes, etc.

The post has no real evidence at all. If it has been a month wouldn't Nintendo take bigger action by contacting the domain host themselves? Not a very believable story :x

Things now a days are so complicated with copyrights infringement. I don't see any positive point on nintendo to try and do this. This is advertisement for free for them, I really don't think this is serious. And if it is, that is one move that would make me sell my wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back