Nintendo to make gamers more hungry?

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
I know this may not seem like Nintendo, but I have a feeling close to the time of launching their top games, they'll be releasing virtual console games related to the franchise. A prime example is of Metroid Prime 3, for some reason I believe a week or two before it's launch, Nintendo will have the Super Metroid on the Virtual console. As for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it would be interesting for another N64 game to come out, ironically, Super Smash Bros for the N64. And although they have released Super Mario 64 for the virtual console, around the time of Super Mario Galaxy, I believe we can see a Super Mario World coming onto the Virtual console. And for Sonic and The Secret Rings, how about Sonic 2? Or even Sonic and Knuckles, which is an all-time favorite to me. In my opinion, if Nintendo was to do this sort of strategic planning, they can expect more sales and it'd also be a way to have gamers guessing but at the same time know to expect the unexpected.

I think that might be around Super Smash Bros. Brawl for something like that to happen.

I think you might be onto something. This is a current trend that goes even beyond video games. I've noticed that for almost every movie remake they come out with recently, a couple of weeks before DVD release, the original shows up on the shelf in some remastered form.

It seems so truely ironic that in a time when "next gen" is being pushed so hard, that classic gaming is making such a huge come back.

their putting the VC game out before the new ones to make a lil extra $$$ before everyone gets the new games and dont want to play the old VC games, i mean dont get my wrong i love the VC games but i would rather play next-gen wii games

ekosix said:
I think you might be onto something. This is a current trend that goes even beyond video games. I've noticed that for almost every movie remake they come out with recently, a couple of weeks before DVD release, the original shows up on the shelf in some remastered form.

It seems so truely ironic that in a time when "next gen" is being pushed so hard, that classic gaming is making such a huge come back.

At Hollywood Video, when Superman Returns was coming to shelves, you should of seen how many (Christopher Reeves) Superman movies were being "remastered" for DVD. Of course people want Next-Gen games, but many of the veterans also want to remember how great the classics had been.

their putting the VC game out before the new ones to make a lil extra $$$ before everyone gets the new games and dont want to play the old VC games, i mean dont get my wrong i love the VC games but i would rather play next-gen wii games

That's a part of the marketing plan, but you've got the wrong intention. This is to hype up the game that is coming out with a comparison to a 2D side scroller to a 3D "Sandbox" type of environment. You may rather play the "Next-Gen" (now Current Gen) games, but there's nothing wrong with going back to the old school games to appreciate the history of the character(s).

yah theirs nothing wrong with it, its smart, their not stupid their at nintendo neither are we, they know what we want and we love VC games and new games.

John Lennon's death anniversary (I was born a week after)
New Beatles collection

I can bet you around the anniversery of another Beatles ordeal (death, first day signed, etc.), will be put onto both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray with higher quality sound and picture, but nothing else added. Will it sell? Obviously.

Back