Nintendo wii graphics better than PS3?

stephen101

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2007
Hi

I would like to start a thread on peoples opinions as to whether the wii consoles graphics and overall gameplay are really that much better than ps3

It is really quite simple,

PS3 has far better graphics than Wii.
Wii has far better gameplay than PS3.

What you system you buy all comes down to what you prefer; if you want great gameplay get a Wii, if you want awesome graphics, get a PS3 (or Xbox 360, or PC, but that is a different discussion all together)

Last edited:
well yeah its obvious the ps3 has way better graphics than the wii...

in terms of gameplay everyone says the wii always has better gameplay...

dont get me wrong i love my wii, but i am not sure i would always say it is better, more imaginative, yes.

(i dont actually own a ps3 because it isnt out in the uk yet, but do have an xbox360.)

and well im not someone who would buy something for graphics power alone, but between the 2 systems i dont think i have a favourite, both are brilliant to play on.

I think pertaining to the graphics part of your question it's really a no brainer..there is no doubt that at this point the ps3's graphics far exceed the Wii's capabilities, the same with 360. Even before the Wii's release Nintendo was stressing the concept of game-play > graphics..this being said I believe answers the next section of your question..the Wii's game play is revolutionary and was fabricated to be so..only good things will come. So graphic wise, at this point and time, ps3 and 360 are on top..but in time who knows. As far as game play specifically though I don't think it's even a question...Wii all the way.

whatever any console tries to do graphically wise a PC WILL always do it better.

Crysis_44.jpg

Thats why i dont need a 360 or PS3, im sure there good console but i would only ever buy them for the graphic, but my PC rig is far more powerfull than either consoles.

My fully operational battlestation is far more powerful than your pc rig.

But this toy is nothing compared to the power of the force...

This thread could be a question on everyone votes... pointless. (until I rocked it up a notch by adding the comments above) :cornut:

Wiily Good said:
It is really quite simple,

PS3 has far better graphics than Wii.
Wii has far better gameplay than PS3.

What you system you buy all comes down to what you prefer; if you want great gameplay get a Wii, if you want awesome graphics, get a PS3 (or Xbox 360, or PC, but that is a different discussion all together)
PS3 sucks but that gameplay thing is very relative like GaryT85 is more imaginative but that doesn´t mean it will be better =S

and yes i´m a Wii fan 8) :cornut:

PS3's graphics are much much better than Wii. But that's going to happen when you have one company who stresses the importance of graphics so much and the other who says "Graphics? who cares". It's all about the gameplay. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, you can have all the good graphics in the world but if the games no fun to play, then all you really have is just a pretty picture.

something quite old now, but it kind of (and i only mean kind of) comes to mind on this thread;

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXm5n2n_U3c[/MEDIA]

Nintendo have the best games ever, they are unmatchable!!!! Thats why everyone should get a wii.

oh yeh, and if anything thinks Ps3 gameplay is better than wii's, then all i can honestly say is they need hanging.

Last edited:
The wii has far better gameplay and the ps3 can put all the money they want into developing better gameplay but it will never match the awesome wii.

Current Wii Titles
Wii Sports, Wii Play, Splinter Cell, Excite Truck and Zelda Twilight Princess

let me break it down

ps3 = power + graphix

wii = the best games eva! + the best contoller! + the best gameplay

get wii!

Graphics are only as good as the people who make them for each game. I doubt you'll find graphic quality in games like Gundam, Vanguard, or any other poorly made game.

So the next time you consider what has good graphics. Consider the company that made that specified game.

Back