360 or PS3 better?

Yessss i know you. You used the original xbox piece on your DVD drive. Unfortunately Dano2k0 got me banned because he thinks I was selling my carbon fiber cases in the mod section. Screw him and xboxscene. I do all my xbox talk at www.talkvideogames.com now.

That is a very nice case mod you made btw.

Lethal said:
Will so many people dogging the PS3 without owning one I decided to make a pro/con list for both systems.

Pros
Xbox 360 Premium
1. Modder friendly. Microsoft seen how many gamers were modding the original Xbox and they did a great job making this system very modder friendly.
2. Great graphics (Gears of War, COD3, Madden 07, Oblivion)
3. Superb Marketplace. Microsoft has a head start with the marketplace and has really shined in this area. Its nearly flawless.
4. Lots and lots of games
5. Achievements. This is what makes gamers buy more games and play them till the end. This is by far the greatest idea by a game manufacturer ever. Gamers have a reason to complete these $60 games, even if they suck lol.

PS3 60gb
1. Blu-Ray HD Player. This is great for those who dont want to drop $999.99 on a standard blu-ray player.
2. Use your PSP to access your PS3 hard drive. You can literally be anywhere and access your hard drive to look at pictures or listen to music.
3. Free online. Now its no XBL but it is free. Games like Resistance can host 40players and saves your stats for free.
4. Web Browser. Now I personally dont use it but there are some that do. Its pretty simple to use especially with a USB keyboard. You can also use browser in HD.
5. Great graphics. (Fight Night Rd.3, Madden 07, Resistance)
6. 50gb of storage each disk. This is 4x larger than the 360 which means larger games and more detail.
7. 60GB hard drive. Sony planned ahead on this one and PS3 owners wont have to dish out more money later to upgrade.
8. HDMI support/Memory card slots

CONS
Xbox 360 Premium
1. Overheating! This seems to be the 360's biggest fault. Thousands of systems overheat at no fault to the gamer.
2. System lag. Even with a 3 core 3.2ghz cpu the system still loses frame rates in certain games. (Madden 07, Oblivion, N3)
3. Small 20GB Hard drive. This is just too small. 360 owners have to dish out even more money for the upgrade.
4. No HDMI support. If you want HDMI you have to purchase the HD-DVD player. Another upgrade.

PS3 60GB
1. Lack of games. Sony didnt have anywhere near the games the 360 had at launch.
2. Poor PS Store. Yes its free but the store is pretty empty and Sony knows what Microsoft is already pushin.
3. Controller signal drops. Every once in a while the signal from the controler drops and can cause major frustration while in a game.
4. No HDMI or HD cables with system? Once you open the box you realize you have to go back to the store and purchase some cables ranging from $30-$100. Thanks alot Sony!
5. Lack of achievement system. Microsoft has done amazing things with this system which is what made the company lots of money. Sony needs to compete with their own system ASAP!

OVERALL
Price - For the money I think the PS3 is the better deal.
Quality - No overheating and no lack of frames with the PS3
Games - 360 blows the PS3 away in this area
Online - Even though you have to pay for the good stuff the 360 dominates this area too.
Graphics - PS3, It only using 20-25% of its power right now and it still looks better than the 360. Madden is a great example.

If I were to choose between the 2 right now I would pick the 360. There are just so many games to choose from and the achievement system is fantastic. Followed with a wonderfull marketplace where you can rent new movies or even purchase shows like Spongebob Squarepants for your kids. Hopefully by next year the PS3 will make the choice tougher.

WINNER
Xbox 360

This is in no way a console war thread. I understand that some may not agree with everything I have said but this is my personal experience with the 2 systems. This is to help gamers decide what is the best choice to spend their money on.

This is my personal experience with the 2 systems. Obviously the fanboys will dissagree with me.

Thanks so much for the reply lethal! Ive decided to stay with the 360 for now.
Hopefully this thread will help others who are stuck in the same decision making position i was in. Good luck all

Xbox 360 because they are cheaper than the PS3, they are more reliable than the PS3, the graphics are just as good as the PS3 for less money! 360 are much better.

shrimpy20 said:
Xbox 360 because they are cheaper than the PS3, they are more reliable than the PS3, the graphics are just as good as the PS3 for less money! 360 are much better.

Cheaper? yes
More reliable? ???
graphics? The power of the ps3 hasnt been fully unlocked; the games out 4 it only utilize 25% of it, and that enough is better than the 360

360 are much better? no 360s are or 360 is

yay grammar!

Well, most of the things I've seen the graphics look just as good. Try doing some searches on youtube this helped me get a good idea.:thumbsup:

shrimpy20 said:
Well, most of the things I've seen the graphics look just as good. Try doing some searches on youtube this helped me get a good idea.:thumbsup:

did u read my post? i just said that the ps3's full potential havent been realized yet.

but still as of now ps3 doesnt have any good games yet. Just stick with ur wii!

Give the PS3 and Wii 1 year, the PS3 will outshine the 360 in the graphics department. The Wii will also have some impressive graphics (won't be AS good as the 360 or PS3, but it will be alot better than what we have now).
Pokemon Battle Revolution already looks amazing, I'm hoping MP3 will also show the Wii's graphics potential.

Blue Sun said:
Give the PS3 and Wii 1 year, the PS3 will outshine the 360 in the graphics department. The Wii will also have some impressive graphics (won't be AS good as the 360 or PS3, but it will be alot better than what we have now).
Pokemon Battle Revolution already looks amazing, I'm hoping MP3 will also show the Wii's graphics potential.

yay someone on this forum that i can actually agree with!

shrimpy20 said:

Why would you try to determine graphics by watching a crappy video on youtube? I own all 3 systems and I am telling you the PS3 has better graphics. Its a more powerfull machine. Its not rocket science man. Its fact that the PS3 can push better graphics. Just like Xbox was better than PS2. You cant tell anybody the graphics are the same because they arent. Not at all. People just read the 1st post and forget what everyone else is saying. Its all hear say and youtube opinions in here anyways.

I do agree that the ps3 has better graphics, but at this time I don't think that it's enough of a difference to spend an extra $200 for. Get a ps3 in 6 months or a year when more games are out and especially when the games are starting to use more of the ps3's power. That's what I plan on doing.

Astroff said:
Cheaper? yes
More reliable? ???
graphics? The power of the ps3 hasnt been fully unlocked; the games out 4 it only utilize 25% of it, and that enough is better than the 360

360 are much better? no 360s are or 360 is

yay grammar!

Thats gibberish, its not full potential (niether is Wii, Xbox360 is using more then both of them since its been out longer) but its using MUCH more then 25% lol. Dont try and make facts.

Lethal said:
Why would you try to determine graphics by watching a crappy video on youtube? I own all 3 systems and I am telling you the PS3 has better graphics. Its a more powerfull machine. Its not rocket science man. Its fact that the PS3 can push better graphics. Just like Xbox was better than PS2. You cant tell anybody the graphics are the same because they arent. Not at all. People just read the 1st post and forget what everyone else is saying. Its all hear say and youtube opinions in here anyways.

I agree, once all 3 systems have released the full potential the ps3 should be beating xbox360 by a bit (not a ton, but more for sure).

Anyways, wrong forum. someone move this.

The xbox360 and ps3 are the same and have the same games and graphics so they are both the same so it dosent matter wich one you get

I've got a 360, had it since it's launch day. It's locked up one time in the whole year I've played it, but played fine after a reboot. I'll admit, I would like to have seen complete backward compatibility, why should I have to keep my old X-box just to play the few games the 360 won't? To be honest, I'm not impressed with the games that have come out so far, sure they have produced a handfull of decent games, but the majority just don't fit my need. I don't think that the game designers are using the full potential of this machine yet. Bring on Prince of Persia, Ninja Gaiden and Halo 3, then I may be happy. As far as the PS3 goes, again I am not impressed with the available games at launch, the machine is large and bulky, just like it's price tag. Sure, eventually it will be the machine to have just cuz the blue ray, but that's a sad excuse to have one, just to watch movies? I can't wait to get my wii, I played one at my nephews house and had a blast! It was good clean fun for everyone! Welcome back to the gaming world Nintendo! We've missed you!

anthony.a said:
The xbox360 and ps3 are the same and have the same games and graphics so they are both the same so it dosent matter wich one you get

Smartest thing said all day! Or not. They do not have the same games, sure there will be plenty of games that come to both systems, but they each will have their own exclusives as well, which play a big role in many people's decision between the two systems.

For example, your final fantasy, gran turismo, metal gear solid, etc. fans will be more inclined to buy the ps3. Halo fans, gears of war fans...they already have or will get a 360. And then there's ppl like me who like many different games, and will eventually have all three systems.

Back