The next console?

ps galaxy2 said:
sorry if i offended you, but in my opinion, the only good exlcusives xbox360 has is bioshock, halo 3 and gears of war (in my opinion) and ps3 has resistence, MGS4, uncharted drakes fortune, and haze

back to topic: basically the next generation is gonna be like this generation

nintendo- some great new mario games, plus some other kid games and great exclusive games and use motion sensing

xbox720: make another halo game that will be extremle overhyped and over-rated, but still have some great FPS

sony: they will try to cram as many feature into there next system as possible, and start another great sewries, because every sony system has a series that was great one each system

ps1 had spyro, the ps2 spyro games dont count cause they suck
ps2 had jak and daxter series
ps3 will have resistence triliogy

To be fair to each console, 360 has some better exclusives than just 3.
Also Haze is not even out yet, so you can't say thats a "great" game, no matter how good it may look to you.

Also, Sony is not the only company that maintains a healthy slew of new series for each console. Gamecube Pikmin, Animal Crossing etc., and a Wii one is said to be in the works.

Xbox had Halo, 360 had Gears Of War and Bioshock etc. See where I am going with this? I understand your a sony fan, but you need to turn down the bias level a notch.

{Axtlár} said:
You guys have to think about this, remember the Gamecube? it wasn't that much of a financial success was it? therefore Nintendo didn't receive enough money to make the Wii the best in everything, but that didn't stop it for being sold out everywhere to this day, Nintendo is receiving big amounts of money now, so yes I think their next console will be the monster console of them all, and not in size but in graphics capacity, motion controlled and ir usage, and stuff we haven't even thought of yet, I know that's what will happen.

I agree. The copies that Wii sold will boost up the Wii2's performance.

@CantGetAWii

I agree with you. The 360 has many great games, and so does the PS3. But it all comes down to different opinions. If someone likes the Sony only because it has more memory, go right ahead. If someone likes 360 just because it is that certain color? Go right ahead. It really depends what you like.

wii 2 =same but next gen graphics-as some one said they making money by the buket load and it not stopping so they have enough money to up the graphics.

also they will need to make it better as 30% of people who got the wii wont buy it for better graphics.

ps4 and new xbox (wont be 720 it dosent sound cool or flaunt) = yes lol 4 is unlucky in japan. but it all depends on which is out first

out first= not as good graphics as out second.
and the ps im sure will make online better so it be same as xbox

I doubt PS will ever beat Xbox online or even be the same. Microsoft is being payed by subscribers so they will use that money to make sure they are still number 1 online.

I think the next Wii will have the graphics of the current 360/PS3 because graphics are so good now days that if they released a console around 2010/2011 then the graphics won't be too big of a jump compared to what it is now.

Technology needs more time to develop. I really hope this generation is the longest lasting generation yet. Im hoping a new console doesn't come until atleast 2012.

So the Wii I think will still be the cheapest and since graphics won't really improve that much the Wii will still look great. Problem is the Wii needs to start getting its quality 3rd party support now or the next Wii will suck again outside of 1st party games. Which so far it looks like the Wii is starting to get more support so it SHOULD have more support next generation.

The Next wii (I'm gonna call it the Nintendo GEAR because I think that'd be a cool name) will probably have some SERIOUS graphics capacity now that nintendo is rolling in the dough. I'm gonna say it'll be on par with the next generation (PS4 and the next Xbox).

T3kNi9e said:
I doubt PS will ever beat Xbox online or even be the same. Microsoft is being payed by subscribers so they will use that money to make sure they are still number 1 online.

I think the next Wii will have the graphics of the current 360/PS3 because graphics are so good now days that if they released a console around 2010/2011 then the graphics won't be too big of a jump compared to what it is now.

Technology needs more time to develop. I really hope this generation is the longest lasting generation yet. Im hoping a new console doesn't come until atleast 2012.

So the Wii I think will still be the cheapest and since graphics won't really improve that much the Wii will still look great. Problem is the Wii needs to start getting its quality 3rd party support now or the next Wii will suck again outside of 1st party games. Which so far it looks like the Wii is starting to get more support so it SHOULD have more support next generation.

Agreed.

It will no doubt be better, especially if they can remain on top this generation or even come second. Wii is about to pass Gamecube in overall sales, so developers should take that into account :lol:

The thing is, Nintendo have more experience than Microsoft and Sony put together, so they should be building machines up to their standard, at least! The last time that happened was N64.

with the profit nintndo are making they could make a friken atom bomb (sry had to say it)

no but they could make the wii2 as powerfull as they want.

and can some1 explain the logic that sony lose money when a ps3 sells?

The thing is, Nintendo have more experience in gaming than Sony and microsoft put together, so they should be building machines to their standard, at least! The last time that happenened was N64

i hope itll have enough power to compete against the 360 and ps3 so that they can finally call it the revolution

heck now that they have the casual gamers, time to bring back the hardcore would be the next step nintendo should make

These post are great fun but really the next gen consoles will have a direct correlation with PC tech that is affordable and worth producing based on the artistic level of the industry. Even the HD console went with the affordable GPUs.

Top tier stuff is already dropping in price thanks to die shrinks. Really when I look at what they Wii has in it I can see nintendo easliy putting a beast of a GPU in their next box for the simple fact that we are in a state of dimishing returns until some thing like normal mapping comes along to help artist fake detail and polygon counts. Like I said before really if the Wii had 512 of ram and SRAM! it could really push things way hard than the stuff that the is in the current GPUs. Also too it is only running at a little under 300mhxz...LOL

Really imagine if they cranked the bus speed up and used lots more of the really has sram! Thats what i would want to see! So far GPU makers have only played with GDDR ram mostly. I think nintendo is going to go gun ho with the shader tech and really try and make it really flexible. I could see them using some sort of up-scaler too just so they can use more of the GPU for other things rather than fill rate for crazy resolutions.

Really who knows what nintendo is going to do though. Yet 3d tech is about to be crazy cheap because nvidia and ati are pushing for more efficiency in their chips. I mean really are you still going to complain when mario game look like gears or better? If you notice things look pretty dang good on the HD stuff and it's only going to be dirt cheap then.

manred said:
Well, they have already stated that the graphics will be meet up with that of the future graphics.

Edit: My bad, they didn't state it but many people believe that there will be a Wii 2 coming out in a couple of years for it to compete with Xbox 360 and PS3
why would they do that if wii's are selling out everywhere with the graphics they ahve

spiff-ssbb said:
why would they do that if wii's are selling out everywhere with the graphics they ahve

Because the Wii is mainly selling well because of its casual support.
They have good games, but they need better visuals and power.

Casual and good games with alright visuals can only take you so far.

CantGetAWii said:
Because the Wii is mainly selling well because of its casual support.
They have good games, but they need better visuals and power.

Casual and good games with alright visuals can only take you so far.
this is true...do you think they'll re release titles with updated graphics or is a couple years enough time to make a complete line of new games

Back