Honestly Ps3 vs 360 vs Wii

if you havent noticed yet, gewtin did post negative posts on threads, but i0n deleted them. different opinions are good, but not when they show a negative impact on other users. i0n has been trying to tell you that Gewtin did post insults but i0n took them from the threads. O D S T is slowly making his way to banning but not yet. if he does not clean up his language, he will eventually end up like Gewtin.

I thought we left this - I just meant to clear up the adolph thing because I dont want to be accused of being anti semitic or anything like that, this is a public place and I dont want any hard feelings. So Im gonna leave this after this post and not respond to anymore comments. I understand that the bad posts were removed and also that one bad post doesnt qualify for a banning - so ODST will get another shot. I obviously wasnt here for a few days and missed the bad stuff from the other guy etc etc etc - so MY BAD

. . . .and finally moving on. . .

phiggey said:
okay, totally kidding with the hitler thing - you know funny haha. But My point still stands. Why was Gewtin banned but not ODST he dropped some F bombs and personally called out another poster in a negative way. He's only banned for 7 days and his posts are still up in all their glory (or lack there of)
Yea true, he did say the F word, b ut i guess it was only once (darn) haha JK, well was getwin banned completely or just from THIS forum??

Well...

phiggey said:
Wii is my favorite because Im a nintendo fan, I like the games, Ive never seen a glitch, I love the first party support and how it can be translated from game to game (ex mario in super mario, mario kart, mario party, etc.) Now the wii will not blow anyone away with its graphics when compared side by side with the 360 and PS3. However, thats not to say that Wii's graphics will be bad. They are an improvement over last generation and make the most of an SDTV. It is up to programmers to make movements and other things in games appear to be more realistic etc. Ive seen crappy looking games on good systems, it depends how much effort developer put into a game. And we all know that Nintendo, being its own main developer always puts a ton of effort into its games. Now the innovative style is also a big seller for me. At first I was skeptical, but after a few days and more research, I was really excited about this new gaming experience. So my reasons for Nintendo are history (ive always liked it, and its games best), gameplay (new and limitless), and price (way cheaper than MS an Sony).

Reasons for the Xbox 360:
It has Halo 3. It is slightly less expensive than the PS3, though I feel the extra cost for PS3 is worth it over the Xbox due to the better graphics and features.

Reasons for the Playstation 3:
Graphics. These will be unparalleled by any other console and provide a new realism that is occasionally experienced on the 360 and seldom on any other console. BlueRay is interesting. It is a great technology though unproven and more importantly, unestablished. Those who want PS3 for the BlueRay movie player will be highly upset if HD DVD wins the format battle and are unable to find BlueRay format movies in 3 years.

In conclusion:
Wii is the best console because of its price and new gameplay and the fact that it is Nintendo, PS3 is the best all purpose machine because of its cutting edge technology and many features, but it is way too expensiive for most to own ( I wouldnt buy it for 300 bucks myself - personal preference) XBox sucks because it is the middle of the road. You sacrafice too much in technology compared to PS3 for the amount of the price difference. If XBox wants to stay afloat then they need to be selling systems for $250 American this Xmas. Also, as said before, most XBOX games are available on PC. This makes XBOX suck. Now 360 is still a great console, but I fail to see the point in buying it after PS3 and Wii comeout because they will effectively outdate it in graphics and gameplay. Buy a Wii if you like fun and playing games, buy a PS3 if you are rich, superficial, and want to show off while playing games.

Everything said here is quite true^^, make sure to read it if u didnt already;

i understand why homicidal gamer said "u r not a true gamer if u do not like Nintendo games", not that I totally agree with it but i will explain, since it makes lots of sense: the video-gaming industry that was established over 30 years ago was called "Nintendo"; Nintendo was the true inventor, and therefore was the real video-gaming industry; to like overall poser consoles (who r "posers" since there r different companies who make them besides nintendo, the true founder) that r coming out now better than Nintendo. in other words, the first games that could even be liked, since they were the only ones in the world, were Nintendo games...to like other companies better than the now old, yet original games is not right (remember this is all homicidal gamers view, which i agree part on, not full), since they were the FOUNDERS of video games and caused all of these other consoles and what not to be here in the first place...i guess that about sums it up lol

Anyways, to add on to the quote above written by phiggey, people with different interests in different types of games choose their style of gameplay, whether it be Nintendo-style or Playstation style; there cannot b a winner since people naturally like different things; even if the console gets the most buys in the world, this doesnt necessarily mean that it is the best, it just means that more people like the type of system; if u like graphics, online play, good action games, etc, then the XBOX is right for you, while if u like RPGs, good graphics, cool games etc, the PS3 is for you, and the Wii is if you like Nintendo-style games like mario, metroid or legend of zelda and more, online play and even graphics; there cant b a winner, it all depends on what genre of games u like to play; for me, i wish i could have all 3 systems, i wouldnt mind having all 3; the gameplay counts, im not one of those ppl who only buy PS3 cuz they the the Wii games will b too childish--i like all types of games on all systems and therefore think that they r all winners, thats y i cant give u an answer of one winner; the only winner is the one or ones YOU think r best, not what others think

and remember, just because the nintendo Wii isnt as up to date in graphics than the 360 or PS3 doesnt mean that it as bad graphics; in fact, some of the Wii games will probably have better graphics than some of the PS3 games, depending on how much effort was put into the graphics on each game

Phew...:O

TrueSmashBrother said:
. No doubt there is the possibility that its the best game so far, but that being one of the most anticipated games right now will NOT change the way we play games in the way MP3:C will. At least that game will have the motion sensor aiming feature. .

so ssbb has a motion sensor aiming feature?? how if it is used with a gc controller???? also, i have been so confused lately, people say the graphics are going to be ehh and some say great. Graphics arent a too big of a thing with me but i want it to be tolerable....

Gray Bush

New to the board... and judging from the posts - most likely one of the oldest gamers here (not that that counts for much :lol:- still get my ass whooped by 12 year olds)

I've been playing consoles since consoles where available to play (starting with Odyssey :crazy: / Atari 2600 / Intellivision / NES / ColecoVision / Sega Master System (with the LCD 3D glasses :shocked: ) / N64 / PS2.. just got a DS). Each one having better graphics then the rest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnavox_Odyssey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_2600
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColecoVision
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEGA_Master_System

What I've noticed over the years is that it was sort of "more of the same" game play - only better looking, which, don't get me wrong, is a good thing - but after a point - more of the same game play becomes pointless imho.

FPS - run around, shoot things, discover clues, solve puzzles
Console - collect tokens, gems, etc.. battle bosses
and the list goes on....

---Begin Pro Wii comentary----

What I relize, of course, is there are only so many genres, and each has it's way to play. So if you are a console designer, what do u do? Improve the graphics, make different kinds of play (multi player, online, etc...), play around with interaction ideas (rumble, disc controller in intellivision, power glove!) - what I like about the Wii is the WAY you interact is different, unique, advanced, and looks like it may work as well (Nintendo PowerGlove me mumbled under his breath http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Glove - which did not work)

So, in short - I've played (and owned) all the systems above, each was great in its own way, but each was another rendition of the previous (faster, more memory, etc...). None really changed the way Wii (now I'm doing it!) interacted with the system (although as a side note the orginal Zelda REALLY did - to be able to save games was HUGE - I can't even tell you how so very cool that was - until the battery died in the cartridge :aureola: ). Damn, now I sound old.

does any1 know the answer to my qustion i asked in this post????

my question was from this quote on this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueSmashBrother
. No doubt there is the possibility that its the best game so far, but that being one of the most anticipated games right now will NOT change the way we play games in the way MP3:C will. At least that game will have the motion sensor aiming feature. .

my question:::::
so ssbb has a motion sensor aiming feature?? how if it is used with a gc controller????

why do people bring an old thread back to life when that user isnt even here anymore?

Back