the wii can rival the graphics of ps3/360

boobs

What i meant to say, is that the capabilities of the PS3 are greater than that of the 360 (by a small amount i admit) and the Wii (by a gigantic amount i admit).
Graphics aren't really that important to me. Id take gameplay over graphics any day.

Im going to go play Morrowind now, leave me alone.

those graphics dont even compare. That reminds me of early ps2 games... Personally i think nintendo's decision to go for gameplay over graphics was a very good choice. I just wish that there would be more games that were really fun. although i do think i would have payed 50-75 more dollars if they upgraded graphics, or online capabilites/games or both

Uhh.. Nintendo can't exactly go "gameplay over graphics" Alteast not for the whole console that is... Developers are who make the gameplay, so either way if the developer sucks then the game will suck no matter the graphics.

You make it seem like Wii has better "gameplay" over all the other consoles. It's the same, it just depends on your preference of the style of play. I personally do not like the motion controls because 9 times out of 10, the motion controls are stupid, pointless and can usually be done with a "waggle". I do like the point and click though... Though alot of times, I wish I could just use a gamecube controller for most games except RE4.

SantaClaws said:
You obviously haven't played Halo 3

OMG graphix
Halo 3=Halo 2+HD=Halo 1 +10 Graphix

Although HD NHL 08 is where it's effin AT!

T3kNi9e said:
You make it seem like Wii has better "gameplay" over all the other consoles. It's the same, it just depends on your preference of the style of play. I personally do not like the motion controls because 9 times out of 10, the motion controls are stupid, pointless and can usually be done with a "waggle".

Yeah but that isn't nintendo's fault, it's crappy dev's faults.

Oh yes, its not Nintendo's fault, im not blaming them by any means. I do blame developers for sure. But even Nintendo's motion controls are little to nothing. Infact I think they know that motion controls aren't really all that because they don't actually use it that often. When they use it, its usually a little shake or something you don't use too often in the game. Simply because at this stage of technology, it isn't advanced enough to use it except in sports games like bowling, baseball, tennis, etc. Thats where the real fun in motion controls come in. But for normal games its almost useless/pointless at times.

Zelda and RE4 are the two that used it well IMO, they didn't overdo it nor did they just completely cut it out. I never played MP3 yet, but I hear they did it well on that too.

Nintendo has made good use of it overall. Some games are jam packed some just use it as a little extra. Not many leave it in the Nintendo line up. Like you said it all depends on the games.

When it comes to 3rd party they seem to tack it on if at all with the games we have seen so far. Games like sports/racing/fps can not only be more realistic but also way more challenging with different controll setups "shifting gears" "throwing a ball" "pumping a shot gun" ect. ect. you get the idea.

Improvements could be made to make Wii's graphics seem closer to PS360's graphics. The benchmark atm is SMG, which in anyone's books looks fantastic and still RUNS fantastically, with a bit of tweaking here and there, and a slightly beefier engine, Wii could get 'closer' to PS360's graphics, but nowhere near rival them. The fact Wii isnt HD doesnt help either.

As for PS3 v 360, I'd say atm 360 edges out the PS3 'just', once developers work out exactly how the hell the PS3 works we'll see what its capable of. I'm guessing GT5 is the first game to fully utilise the PS3's power.

its not about the graphics. ya they need to be decent but i think its more all about the game

Dorkfish said:

What WHAT? What do you mean what? It's all over the new right now and the UT engine uses a compression of some sort. Arguably not as good as the s3 compression though.

strommsarnac said:
IMHO. Having seen both the PS3 and 360 at 1080p, I can't say which one actually looks better. It's too close to tell. The same image of Assassin's Creed looks exactly the same on both systems on the same display. Motion is the same too. I really can't tell a bit of difference.

I think why many people say one system looks better over the other is they are not comparing the most important thing - the SAME game. Anyone can say one game looks better than the other. Saying Game X looks better on System A or B, that's what I want to hear.

Besides, PC graphics blow consoles out of the water :)

Your comment is so true and it actually proves that no the PS3 is not really that much more powerful than the xbox 360. Also the XMwhatever-bar doesn't even run in game and the xbox's network interface is ever present. I mean really most ports are having a hard time of actually looking better on the PS3.

Imagine if they actually used that for some thing else! Also too no one is saying it will be better to rival means to approach or challenge. If the Wii does do what some say it can then it will do exactly that.

It is also partly about graphics Staszy26 if you are talking about development teams. The hi-res modelers are the weapons of choice for most highly funded developers. With out them it is much harder to get really high sums of money allocated for a project. Those graphics get publishers hyped beyond belief.

Give things a few months though... lots of things are changing so fast right now.

Brawl_King said:
You have no right to say that. Your name is dorkfish, your avatar is a fish, and your sig is a fish saying dorkfish. You cannot insult anyone. you have to be in some way better than they are, and since you openly call yourself a dork, you obviously are not. I'll finish this by saying: go away, nobody's talking to you. Bich.
Who let you onto this site? You think someone's name has something to do with a right of free speech? Why are you so sure their name even refers to the actual user?

God damn little kids.

@ssbb_lover, you rule.

Dorkfish said:
You have no right to say that. Your name is nooblet, your avatar is a chick you beat off to every night, and your sig is saying "help me! Im a loser!". You can not insult anyone. You are in no way better than anyone, and since the only person you've had sex with is your dog, you obviously are retarded. I'll finish this by saying "Kids, don't screw your mom, or you might end up with this guy."
Bitch
I dont have a sig. My name is Brawl_King. I chose that name for a reason. That means I'm the king. Of you. I dont have a dog either. All that **** you sayin is obviously from experience. Oh, and you your comeback sux so bad, all you can think of doing is repeating my context. By the way, I'm 12 Goddamn years old. I cant even legally have sex! So you best shut up right now before you get humiliated by this kid here.

Last edited:
Damn. I get an email about this thread and I take the time on my slow ass computer to get here. And when I get here I see this ****. When geeks start **** on forums I just drop it cause its off topic. I mean it's just the internet, ya'll don't know **** about each other. No offense to Dorkfish but I do agree that his comeback was rather lame and HIGHLY inaccurate. I'm not taking sides.

:sick: Damn this thread really died...

Back