No one plays NiGHTS Online huh?

NorAxeR

Strikers Champ
Aug 9, 2007
Tampa Bay, Florida
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
That's amazing - I really wasn't expecting that at all..
I've waited for several minutes a couple times using 'Random Opponent' search..
Every where I've looked on the internet only shows people posting their FCs from when the game first came out - I've added mine to my sig, but I don't think it'll do any good and I really didn't want to take that method to find games to play..

Thankfully the Campaign is solid and I got it for $10.. I always wanted to check it out on the Saturn but I never had one..
Just another 'offline' Wii game I guess

Well, it IS an old game...
Nothing against NiGHTS, it's an awesome series, but most have moved on to better online games, like Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing.

NiGHTS online sucks.
Offline is (childish, but) fun.

Well, it IS an old game...
Nothing against NiGHTS, it's an awesome series, but most have moved on to better online games, like Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing.

It's just over a year old..
360 Launch titles are still loaded with people
Perfect Dark Zero
Quake 4
Call of Duty 2
They may be a lot different than NiGHTS - but they're a lot older too..
Almost 3X as old.. from 2005..
Hundreds of games older than NiGHTS are still very active online
Soo hmm that's not it

..and if people are moving on to "better" things like Animal Crossing - then they should check themselves into rehab :nono:

I've found a couple games since posting this, they're just not as instantaneous as I thought they would be.

It's just over a year old..
360 Launch titles are still loaded with people
Perfect Dark Zero
Quake 4
Call of Duty 2
They may be a lot different than NiGHTS - but they're a lot older too..
Almost 3X as old.. from 2005..
Hundreds of games older than NiGHTS are still very active online
Soo hmm that's not it

..and if people are moving on to "better" things like Animal Crossing - then they should check themselves into rehab :nono:

I've found a couple games since posting this, they're just not as instantaneous as I thought they would be.
Quake 4 is DEAD. i tried that one last year, nobody online. not one person. call of duty 2, still kind of active. enough to play whenever but youll be playing with the same people all night most likely.
cant say anything for perfect dark zero but im pretty sure its dead

that being said blacksite area 51 was dead a long time ago and that game was out in 07.

it really depends on the game. plus theres not a whole lot of choices for online wii games that are worth playing so most of the people stick to the main ones, brawl, mario kart, call of duty, etc.

many times ive been disappointed by a bargain game thinking ic an have fun online with it for 15 bucks and it turns out to be a dead game.

I would play it online
But I dont like playing online due to cheaters
NiGHTS online sucks.
Offline is (childish, but) fun.
The first is better

First and foremost, the second you click 'Quick Match / Player Match' in Call of Duty 2 you're instantaneously thrown into a room full of global players.

Quake 4 is DEAD. i tried that one last year, nobody online. not one person.

:lol: You wanna bet? How are you gonna tell me my favorite online 360 game is dead when I'm the one who would know.. People play it in a hardcore fashion trying to obtain rank and achievements. Quake 4 is also popular internationally - I've seen plenty of players devout their gaming career to Quake 4 on the 360.

Quake 4 fails at having a sufficient 'Quick Match' option so people who know what they're doing have to set up their search as:
- Ranked -
- Deathmatch -
- Quickie - or - Average -
50% of the time you have to wait a couple of minutes for 1 or 2 people
50% of the time you'll find a large game that's just about to start

cant say anything for perfect dark zero but im pretty sure its dead

Well if you can't say anything about it then don't try. Perfect Zero is +Loaded with Player Matches - sometimes at maximium capacity which is 32 players.

You really gotta get your thoughts put together and verified a lot more before you start typing them out - making yourself think you're being factual.

-

Now as far as NiGHTS goes - it was more active than I thought.

I have the game but haven't tried online yet. I'm guessing you race each other right?

I have the game but haven't tried online yet. I'm guessing you race each other right?

Yeah from what I gather the '2P Battle' can only be initiated with 2 controllers offline..
'2P Race' can be done over Wi-Fi.

First and foremost, the second you click 'Quick Match / Player Match' in Call of Duty 2 you're instantaneously thrown into a room full of global players.
thanks, i own the game, a few months ago when i was still playing it was the same like 30 people all night.

:lol: You wanna bet? How are you gonna tell me my favorite online 360 game is dead when I'm the one who would know.. People play it in a hardcore fashion trying to obtain rank and achievements. Quake 4 is also popular internationally - I've seen plenty of players devout their gaming career to Quake 4 on the 360.
also owned it for a short time, returned it due to no online matches the week i had it. i checked every day, my buddy evan talked me into getting it because he wanted to play online but couldnt
Quake 4 fails at having a sufficient 'Quick Match' option so people who know what they're doing have to set up their search as:
- Ranked -
- Deathmatch -
- Quickie - or - Average -
50% of the time you have to wait a couple of minutes for 1 or 2 people
50% of the time you'll find a large game that's just about to start
i know how to use quick match or custum game type menus, but thanks for that little lesson.

Well if you can't say anything about it then don't try. Perfect Zero is +Loaded with Player Matches - sometimes at maximium capacity which is 32 players.
i was considering buying this game and i asked a gamestop employee and he said it wasnt active online (yes i know gamestop employees arent the most knowlegable but my gs tends to get their facts straigt)
You really gotta get your thoughts put together and verified a lot more before you start typing them out - making yourself think you're being factual.

-

Now as far as NiGHTS goes - it was more active than I thought.

dont be an ass.

edit: i just wanted to point somthing out, ive been staying out of the Wii section of the forum for the past year for the most part due to Wii owners general cocky attitudes and fanboyism. i'm not saying you've demonstrated fanboyism here though, dont get me wrong. anyways, its people with 30 posts who stick around for like 5 weeks and post like assholes that keep me away from this part. PS3/360 sections are much more friendly.

Last edited:
Back