No VC Releases 3/3/08?

danib62

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2007
Boston, MA
Wii Online Code
1397-0239-2531-7162
Are there really no new virtual console releases today? Nintendo hasn't put out their usual press release. This is pretty weak. I guess I'll have to wait for brawl on Sunday.

Yeah that's true, there are no new releases for VC. Shame.......

Oh crap. Nintendo despises Europe, so if you guys didn't get anything, they will have to redress the "balance" by actually removing games from the European Shop Channel.

This is what all your complainin gets you

I think nintendo have been readin about you guys complainin about games you have never played and just said "sod it no games this week"
Weldone guys

Napalmbrain said:
Oh crap. Nintendo despises Europe, so if you guys didn't get anything, they will have to redress the "balance" by actually removing games from the European Shop Channel.

Ha! stole the words out of my mouth. I was gonna say they will begin removing our games next.

I'll plug in the ol' wii-fi dongle and give her a peak.

ok, here's what I got, as of 12:10 PM eastern U.S. time zone.

On the load up menu it said "games added March 3"

On the actual VC menu, it only lists Super Turrican as the new game, but the other page said "games", so maybe they will trickle a few more out today, which they;ve done in the past.

any thoughts on this game guys?

Conan the Librarian said:
ok, here's what I got, as of 12:10 PM eastern U.S. time zone.

On the load up menu it said "games added March 3"

On the actual VC menu, it only lists Super Turrican as the new game, but the other page said games, so maybe they will trickle a few more out today, which they;ve done in the past.

I just checked also. It says "only one game released 3/3/2008" at the top of that too. What a rip.

sirgrim said:
I just checked also. It says "only one game released 3/3/2008" at the top of that too. What a rip.

How can it be a rip off
Unless of corse you buy every VC game

Napalmbrain said:
Oh well, at least you got a game.

The Turrican series has been around for awhile. It got popular on the Commodore 64 computer and Amiga. Turrican, Turrican 2(Amiga and C64 games), Mega Turrican(Sega Genesis), Super Turrican, and Super Turrican 2(For SNES). There's also an NES Super Turrican that has elements of Turrican 1 and Turrican 2 put together. I've heard it's one of the best versions.

Anyway, it appears they have several systems already on the VC where they can release a large portion of the series. They're really good games if you like Contra style run n' gun stuff.

I wish they'd release Rendering Ranger. It's made by the guy who did the Turrican games and I've heard it was awesome.

Last edited:
Back