November 6th Wii release date?

I think the fact that there will be a 200 to 300 USD difference between the PS3 and the Wii will help a lot too. And the creativity Nintendo is bringing back to games (with the controller and the motion sensing capabilities or whatever you want to call them), and the VC as well. As long as people can look past the fact that graphics don't really matter anymore (come on, they're pretty dang good) then Nintendo should have a slam dunk of a system.

According to this news post I found on Kotaku.com, the Wii might come 2 months before November. But its not an actual release date from Nintendo.

"News: the Wii is now in production. In fact, it's been in production since at least June 21st.

Considering the fact that the PS3 hasn't even begun production and the 360 only started production 69 days before the sale date, that bodes well for gamers: it means that an October or even possibly September launch is very likely, and that there'll be tons of units available when it hits.

I honestly think Sony is just going to have the crap kicked out of it this gen. November's going to come around and no one's going to even be able to find the $600 PS3... so why not pick up that lithe, sexy Wii selling for $249 on the shelf? This isn't mindless zealot babbling: I wish the PS3 well, because the more consoles, the better. But it seems like they are getting to the point where they've blundered their way well past the point of no return. Florian Eckhardt" -Kotaku.com

September? Awesome! I'll be happy for that.

I think they will announce the price in september and it will launch like october 1st or something. I hope it's early october. Which is the earliest date I can think of for the Wii.

Not a bad plan at all, but that won't make my anticipation go away, nor will anyone elses, therefore the talking is likely to continue, as goofy as it is

well,from what i've heard,nintendo has already started manufacturing the system and the 360 launched 69 days after manufacturing began,so lets say they started manufacturing today and in 69 days the wii will launch,that would be on...September 16,OMG,that is my birthday!!!!!!

there are alwyas industry insiders that know something that they shouldn't leak...sometimes it leaks anyways. I don't think SI: Kids would publish something they did't think come from an accurate source. This may not end up being the "real" release date, now that it's been published (and Nintendo keeps fans wondering) but it might be close.

hey, there is no torture, just speculation...and there has to be some people keeping others in check or else someone will get convinced that it actually is coming out on said date.

This is a few days old, but...
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6153605.html
Nintendo responds to Wii release rumors
Flurry of prognostications doesn't deter Wii-maker from its course; company says big announcement now coming in September.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Jul 6, 2006 11:47 am PT

An avalanche of Wii news hit the Web yesterday, sending Nintendophiles into a frenzy. The topic was one of the most highly guarded secrets in the industry--the release date of the Wii.

Early in the morning, an article in (no joke) Sports Illustrated for Kids showed the release date of the console as November 6. Nintendo claimed the date was purely speculation by the magazine.

A few hours later, CNN/Money's Chris Morris revealed some info that he received while talking to analysts and industry insiders. Among the insights were that the Wii may already be in production, and that the console could launch as early as late September.

Nintendo's PR people were hard at work again today, and gave few clues as to whether any of the rumors are true. A spokesperson for the news service Bloomberg said, "There's no change in our plan to release the console in the last quarter of this year. We are planning an announcement in September and it may be causing some confusion."

Nintendo's reassurance that the console would launch in the fourth quarter does dispel the thought that the Wii could launch in late September, as the fourth quarter begins in October.

The choice of the words "in September" vary slightly from a previous statement from Nintendo, which said that the release date and price would be available by September. Nintendo fans, it sounds like the newswires may be a little quiet until then.

Nintendo has yet to confirm this, o I think we'll know in September.

After Many Rumors about Nintendo Wii Release Date, the Only Official Information we have now is from THQ that announced the release date of their games for wii in Europe.

THQ communicates that Cars will appear in November 2006 in Europe. After SpongeBob: Creature from the Krossen crab, which should be available in October 2006, is it the second Wii title of THQ.

Could this mean Wii in October. I mean it's an official from a THQ Wii game that IGN says it a lauch title. Source

See now that's what I like to hear. Souces from ign.com. Great work. I figure that the wii will launch early october.

Back