Oct. 10th pre-order at GS/EB?

Link_of_Hyrule

Unofficial WiiChat Helper
Jul 20, 2006
Athens, AL
Wii Online Code
7114-5214-3386-2022
I have read on dig that Gamestop will start pre-orders on the 10th does anyone know if this is true or not?

no freakin kidding i talked to this gamestop guy today and he said he thinks that you will have to get a bundle if you pre-order online but he wasn't sure he said there will most likely be a Zelda Bundle i was getting tlp anyways i hope its cheaper combined

i just pre orered mine on play.com so i wouldnt have to wait in long queue when these shops start te pre order day. first come first serve basis.

I'd be pretty annoyed if they did, I'd rather them do it today since I have the day off. Tomorrow I'll be at work and then school till 4:30 :(

Baloras

Just called my local Gamestop to see when they will be pre-ordering the Wii's. After grunting and thinking for about 3 seconds he said most likely next Monday or Tuesday. But he also said keep on calling to make sure. So tomorrow might not look too good for people in the USA. I can't wait!

They have told me noone from gamestop knows yet, they are still awaiting exact numbers then they will divide them up and send out e-mails to the stores telling them how many they can pre-order and it will be a one day first come first serve frenzy. if you take 1 mil units and divide equally with thier 25,000 retail locations then thats 40 units per retail store, not a lot.

ghghgh14702 said:
if you take 1 mil units and divide equally with thier 25,000 retail locations then thats 40 units per retail store, not a lot.

Luckily, they're launching with 4 million, not 1 million, so that improves your chances slightly.

You also have to take into consideration that GameStop is not the only store recieving units, in addition to the fact that they also own EB Games locations, too.

In any case, it does look like it's possible that tomorrow is the date, because GameStop just added a Wii section to their site within the past two hours.

UPDATE: Read on a tech blog that there was a leaked memo today that stated PS3 is being pre-ordered for tomorrow Oct. 10, 2006. Here is the copy of the memo. I don't know about the Wii but it might be also since they mentioned it in the memo. Let's hope it's tomorrow!

Subject: PS3 reservation plan and reservation allocations!!!

Date: 10/09/06 3:26pm

Attention store personnel:

On Tuesday, October 10, 2006, you will begin taking reservations on the Sony PS3 under SKU 020072 (PS3 Premium Edition) and SKU 020071 (PS3 Core Edition). YOU MAY NOT BEGIN TAKING RESERVATIONS FOR THE PS3 PRIOR TO October 10, 2006. Reservations are to be processed on a "first come, first serve" basis for your customers. Under no circumstances are reservation "places in line" to be held for customers. Our online reservation program will be activated at a future date: online reservations will be available as "bundle-only."

No forced bundles or any other customer "requirements" are allowed (our online reservation policy may vary). Reservations will be limited to one system reservation per household (customer is allowed to reserve 1 Wii and 1 PS3 if desired)

As these systems are in short supply and high demand, all stores are being allocated on their reserve quantity. Stores are not allowed to reserve above their assigned reservation allocation for any reason. Reserving above your assigned qty can result in disciplinary action.

Your assigned allocation for the PS3 is "16" units TOTAL between the 2 system choices. You are only allowed to reserve "16" units TOTAL of PS3. No more than 2 of these systems can be set aside to be purchased by store employees.

Please use the tracking form below to insure that you only reserve 16 units. Please record each customer's name and phone on the form below each time you complete a PS3 reservation.

As you process each reservation, you will need to communicate the following message to each customer:

Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.

The reservation guarantees the customer a place in line only: it does not guarantee that the system will be available at launch.

Gamestop is not responsible for allocation shortfalls or shipping delays caused by the manufacturer.

Online product pricing and availability will vary and be fulfilled independent of store reservations.

As a service to your customers, please try to capture each customers correct e-mail address when processing the reservation. This will allow us to send updates to the customer as more games and accessories become available for their system.

Taken from: http://www.kotaku.com/

Last edited:
X_x;; Duuuuude! I'm so worried that they'll be sold out of the games when I go there, since they're selling them online. >_< Gah, I'm so paranoid about this thing.

Back