Official Car Thread

ciper said:
Why not the MR2 then. I never said anything bad about it. Plus it isnt a vandle magent like the S2000.

im really tempted, but I cant find jack **** about the MR2. I know at one point they were recalled, and I cant seem to find any information about them for crash test or safety. Are the parts still easily obtained? These are the questions that go through my mind. I know it was discontinued but I have no idea why or if because of that, parts or service will be harder and more expensive to find.

Its the law that all parts to repair a vehicle to running state must be available for 10 years from date of manufacture. Even if they have to make a new one from scratch in Japan! This is only true in the USA but I've seen it used before (on a daihatsu piece of ****)

If you buy a 1995 but the same model was made until 99 that means you have until 2009 to get parts!

Shiftfallout said:
sadly, the more I look at the mx5 i have to see the practicle nature of it.
Did you mean MR2? The MX5 is the Miata.

Either one doesnt have much room for friends or groceries.

Seriously you need a Forester XT. Faster than many "performance" cars and lots of room

I have always loved the look of these and they are very rare for such a well known car:

Renault-Clio_V6_Renault_Sport_2003_800x600_wallpaper_09.jpg

I'm buying my first car soon. A '99 Vauxhall Corsa for £300 :D Running smooth = Bargain!

ciper said:
Did you mean MR2? The MX5 is the Miata.

Either one doesnt have much room for friends or groceries.

Seriously you need a Forester XT. Faster than many "performance" cars and lots of room

no i meant the Miata. The MR2 is nice looking, got some pros and cons but it has no future. I dont need a forester, i have an xterra. I dont need the extra room anymore, its just me. The MX5 actually looks like it has a trunk to put things in and the open air.

I dont like any of the 4 seater convertibles, except maybe the ford mustang but even then, its not my cup of tea.

Star Striker: I dont think your picture worked.

Shiftfallout said:
no i meant the Miata. The MR2 is nice looking, got some pros and cons but it has no future. I dont need a forester, i have an xterra. I dont need the extra room anymore, its just me. The MX5 actually looks like it has a trunk to put things in and the open air.

Ohh. Wow! Hard top add ons for the Miata are popular btw. Are you thinking of the newly designed one or the older "girly" one?

The forester would kick the ass of your Xterra in every category ;)

ciper said:
Star Striker: I dont think your picture worked.

Ohh. Wow! Hard top add ons for the Miata are popular btw. Are you thinking of the newly designed one or the older "girly" one?

The forester would kick the ass of your Xterra in every category ;)

the newly designed one of course. I still think its a bit nyeaah, but its not off the table yet. Link me to a picture of one you think looks good and we can see if I am looking at the same Newly designed one you are thinking of.

All I saw was one that had a great interior, and some attachments on the back near the trunk. That helped kill its oval shape with winshield look i hate.

Star Striker: Is it RWD? Are the side vents functional?

Shiftfallout: I actually like the old one! I think they tried to macho up the new one too much (because many people said the old car was too cute).
The NSX was designed by the same firm that did the Enzo :)

Star Striker: Impressive to say the least. Is it in production? Reminds me of the MR2 turbo (based on specs)

edit: **** it costs over 50k$ ? I don't like it anymore. For that price they should have done something about he weight balance. Even the WRX STI which costs considerably less would kick its ass. :(

Last edited:
Back