Official How to Unlock Thread

thas said:
^I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I think you have to try classic mode one more time. If that doesnt work, I really dont know what you can do besides trying the other options.

yup i got my ass kicked again by sonic

(i play the hardest diffuclty)

^ your not at that part yet where you get to choose your character. When the tine comes you will know.

Oh I see, and to unlock Wolf is on a level on SE aswell, right?
Also how do you find your friend code for Brawl?

^ you connect to the nintendo wifi connection and it will tell you. If you missed it you can go to yor friend roster to find out.

EDIT: my friend told me this about unlocking wolf:

friend said:
in the stage “Iseki” (Ruins) skip the first door you pass when being lowered in to the pit. Instead enter the second door at the bottom to unlock him with Fox or 450 Brawls.

I must've read over a dozen sites telling you how to unlock characters on SSBB and I came to one conclusion, there's no decisive way to do it lol. I saw a vid on youtube that told you how to unlock all of the characters and I tried out a few. I did 70 brawls and got Captain Falcon, 15 brawls on Shadow Moses and got Snake, 100 matches and got Lucario, and 160 matches and got R.O.B.. As for the other ways to unlock the characters like finishing classic mode with Link to get toon link and beating event 20 to get jiggly puff, didn't work for me =/. Also on the vid it said to do 300 brawl matches or defeat taboo in SSE mode to get sonic, I got sonic after like 140 brawls o_O;. Maybe I should've bought the game guide x.x

Captain Falcon Beat Classic in 12 minutes or less then defeat him in the following match or 70 VS matches

Falco Beat 100-man brawl or play 50 VS matches

Ganondorf Clear Classic on Hard with Link or Zelda OR play 200 VS.
matches

Jigglypuff After beating SSE, Complete Classic Mode with any character other than Ike or Complete Event Match 1-20 or 350 VS matches

Lucario Defeat in SSE with Meta Knight or Complete all 5 Target Tests with a character or 100 VS matches

Luigi Complete Classic Mode on Easy without continues or meet him in SSE or 22 VS matches

Marth Play 10 Brawls OR finish Classic on any difficulty OR get Marth in the SSE
Mr. Game & Watch Beat classic mode with every character or 250 VS matches

Ness Play five matches OR Reflect ten projecticles AND meet Ness in SSE.

R.O.B. (Robot) Get 250 different Trophies OR get R.O.B. to join your party in SSE

Snake Play 15 matches on Shadow Moses Island or 130 VS matches

Sonic Complete the Subspace Emissary or 300 VS matches

Toon Link After beating SSE, finish the Classic mode as Link or play 400 VS matches

Wolf After beating SSE, In the stage "Iseki" (Ruins) skip the first door you pass when being lowered in to the pit. Instead enter the second door at the bottom or 450 VS matches

Last edited:
I believe Jigglypuff is just beating 20 different events, not Event 20 or 1-20 (although the 2nd works because obviously that's 20 events complete). Because I did 18 of the first 20 (including #20) and got nothing, so I beat 2 in the next set and unlocked him. I had even tried the After SSE complete beat classic with any char other than Ike, I finished like 10 times with no luck, that's when I started the event thing.
As for Young Link, after I beat SSE I finished classic mode with Sonic since he was new for me and Young Link appeared, after I lost (lol) I did it again with another char, again YL appeared (lost again rofl) then I beat it again with sonic and he reappeared just as I expected.

Last edited:
Fuggle said:
I believe Jigglypuff is just beating 20 different events, not Event 20 or 1-20 (although the 2nd works because obviously that's 20 events complete). Because I did 18 of the first 20 (including #20) and got nothing, so I beat 2 in the next set and unlocked him. I had even tried the After SSE complete beat classic with any char other than Ike, I finished like 10 times with no luck, that's when I started the event thing.
As for Young Link, after I beat SSE I finished classic mode with Sonic since he was new for me and Young Link appeared, after I lost (lol) I did it again with another char, again YL appeared (lost again rofl) then I beat it again with sonic and he reappeared just as I expected.
I beat 1-39 and i didnt unlock its probly only for the jappense version becasue animeeater2 the famous smash bros youtube who uploads all the videso from japen i asked him toon link doesnt work and neither jiggypuff and he said it only works then in the jappense versim

If I got the glitch for Sonic I would start over. I want to complete the whole game... That means going through SSE.

Can anyone explain how to get Wolf? I know I have to beat SSE but after that, what level I go to and what door I go in and such.

Vail said:
If I got the glitch for Sonic I would start over. I want to complete the whole game... That means going through SSE.

Can anyone explain how to get Wolf? I know I have to beat SSE but after that, what level I go to and what door I go in and such.

A few post below ya! Am I invisible or something?

Sonic: beat the SSE Mode first and then he will join your team and will be unlocked as well.

Wolf: beat the SSE Mode first and then go back to The Ruins level and find like a floating door somewhere when your going through the level and you'll face him in a battle... beat him and he will be unlocked and playable character to use.

Toon Link: beat SSE Mode and then go back to The Forest level and find a floating door on your way down the hill and you'll fight Toon Link... beat him and he will be unlocked and playable to use.

Hope these will help guys.. its just you gotta beat SSE Mode first, its a pain in the ass, but good luck.

its not a sonic glitch....if you play a vs match for 10 minutes or more, then the winner of the match fights him. I don't think its a glitch.....

lucario

i've played 100 vs. matches but i havent unlocked lucario
EDIT: got him at 105

Last edited:
Kenji510 said:
Sonic: beat the SSE Mode first and then he will join your team and will be unlocked as well.

Wolf: beat the SSE Mode first and then go back to The Ruins level and find like a floating door somewhere when your going through the level and you'll face him in a battle... beat him and he will be unlocked and playable character to use.

Toon Link: beat SSE Mode and then go back to The Forest level and find a floating door on your way down the hill and you'll fight Toon Link... beat him and he will be unlocked and playable to use.

Hope these will help guys.. its just you gotta beat SSE Mode first, its a pain in the ass, but good luck.
Where do you go to get jigglypuff
EDITJust got wolf and toon link

Last edited:
Back