Official Q & A Thread

Reaper12324 said:
for a rhyperior always put 252 in atk and 252 in either def or hp, even if you put EVs into sp def it will still die from a sp atk.( same with tyranitar )
no... not necessarily...

he could run something like 252/ half and half in defense/hp or something. Give it solid rock/whatever its ability is and as long as a sandstorm is in effect, it gets a 1.5 sp def boost or something like that.

anyways, any rhypherior without speed evs sound good to me =P

WuddlePook said:
no... not necessarily...

he could run something like 252/ half and half in defense/hp or something. Give it solid rock/whatever its ability is and as long as a sandstorm is in effect, it gets a 1.5 sp def boost or something like that.

anyways, any rhypherior without speed evs sound good to me =P
thats what i used to think too but even with the solid rock and sandstorm his sp def still isnt high enough to take a hit from something like a modest starmies surf, or ice beam.

Reaper12324 said:
thats what i used to think too but even with the solid rock and sandstorm his sp def still isnt high enough to take a hit from something like a modest starmies surf, or ice beam.
well dump the points into atk/def/hp. or you might as well breed some good trick room pokemon and throw rhypherior in the mix with it.

OK Modest Max Special Attack (328) Starmie (which doesn't exist in the competitive community for many reasons) does 95-112% Damage to a max HP 0 Sdef Solid Rock Rhyperior in a sandstorm.
Ice Beam does a measley 32-37% in a sandstorm and 47-56% without sandstorm (which gives a small chance of a 2hko with leftovers) and even 71-84% without solid rock.

If you invest in 72 SDef EVs 9and max HP of course) you can even guarantee to survive Modest Starmie's (328 SAtk) Surf in a sandstorm 100% of the time, so don't write off Rhyperiors special defense stat.

Yeah, but Ryperior still could have better replacements methinks.

Um, best i can tell you is to use your poke radar, other than that, there's really no secret to obtaining them and its all based on luck.

Me as well, i've only caught one in my full game timd in Pearl. Glad i could help. Best to accumulate shinies is by trading. Though you may have to dish out more if youre trading for a shiny with non-shinies, so thats natural.

@Spidermam - God no, either Jolly or Adamant.

Back