Oh noes, the PS3 will diiiiiieeee....

How many good games are out right now? I can count one. Let a few good games come out, then the sales will start to pick up. Sony also has the ability to be carried with all of the other stuff they sell. They wont let the ps3die, because the ps3 is whats gonna help them win the format war.

If you dont know if its a valid link, then why post it? Sounds to me like you're an idiot

No, Maybe he wants people to see if it is real and give their views. You'll never know if you don't ask you noob. Im not getting into an argument. Online arguments are LAME! that my Opinion if you have a Problem then don't look at this post. But too late you've read it now :)

Wii&Ps3 said:
How many good games are out right now? I can count one. Let a few good games come out, then the sales will start to pick up. Sony also has the ability to be carried with all of the other stuff they sell. They wont let the ps3die, because the ps3 is whats gonna help them win the format war.

If you dont know if its a valid link, then why post it? Sounds to me like you're an idiot
well how long does it take to come out with good games. Wait. Let alone ANY new games.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Well, no it doesn't work like that, because by the time the PS3 has some good games out, the Wii and 360 will also be bringing out some more good games. Also, it's unknown if Blu-Ray will succeed against HD DVD. It's a risk, not a given. Sony is interested in money. If they're finding that the PlayStation division is using too much resources and money with little success, theres every chance they'll axe it (even if it does have a fan base).

Erm, to get a discussion going. Also, to stop anybody from saying stuff like "This websites bias, get some facts". Why is it that you're just so offensive. All it does is make sure that you're in your own corner against everyone else. You're basically giving people a reason to dislike you, and because of that, you're not going to get anyone to actually take your opinions as anything remotely unbiased.

asdfnick said:
well how long does it take to come out with good games. Wait. Let alone ANY new games.
:shocked:

And I think someone already said it, but that site looks real reliable.:nono:

Also no-one has mentioned the fact that the Ps3 isn't even actually out in Europe, personly I hate PS3's, I think sony chucked in as many extras as they could in order to get more profit out of each extra that nobody really cares about. However i do know that Europe and especially England are mad about PS3's and it is set for release on 23rd March.

This means there has been plenty of pre-orders, my opinion your wasting your money!

The PS3 will catch up, the games that are scheduled for release are first rate. And as WiiGod said, the PS3 hasn't even hit Europe or Australia yet.

First rate?! Lol. My NES guys move almost as fast as guys in Stranglehold(no longer PS3 exclusive). I'm seeing more framerate lock ups than ever. The PS3 has pretty graphics with awful gameplay. You will hear the game, Resistance a lot. Because it's one of the few PS3 games that has decent gameplay. Seriously who takes 2 seconds to throw a punch?! Double Dragon for the NES, and Stranglehold do!

Developers are either spending more time fixing these errors, or slamming them out like Gundam. Enjoy that crap fest.

these threads sooooo stupid, these are the first couple months of the system being out, its not the ps3s fault the wii is just something that gives you thrills quickly but they only last so long

PS3 will need some time to build up its software library. Once that console-selling title comes out, I think the PS3 will sell better. People buy video games consoles to play games, so when good games are out, naturally the consoles will sell. In addition, I think a price drop from Sony will also stimulate the sales. After all, the Playstation brand name is strong.

As far as HD-DVD VS. Blu-Ray, I think both formats are here to stay, for a little while at least. Even if a true successor to the DVD format must arise, I don't think the HD-DVD will stand much of a chance anyway judging by the support the Blu-Ray format is receiving.

Hondan said:
PS3 will need some time to build up its software library. Once that console-selling title comes out, I think the PS3 will sell better. People buy video games consoles to play games, so when good games are out, naturally the consoles will sell. In addition, I think a price drop from Sony will also stimulate the sales. After all, the Playstation brand name is strong.

As far as HD-DVD VS. Blu-Ray, I think both formats are here to stay, for a little while at least. Even if a true successor to the DVD format must arise, I don't think the HD-DVD will stand much of a chance anyway judging by the support the Blu-Ray format is receiving.

Price drop? Well....I don't see that one coming for a while....Sony digging a deeper grave is well...stupid...but...okay it's likely.

And on the HD DVD vs. Blu-Ray? You're still counting out the DVD format. That one is DEFFINATELY the king of the castle right now. So until it can be replaced indeffinately, DVD is the only constant.

I could see the PS3 catching up possibly.
I don't know if it will survive completely, but there's a chance.
It'd be sad to see the PS3 die like the Dreamcast.
For the record:
I don't own a PS3 but I respect Sony for taking a chance with it.
So don't go saying I'm biased or anything.

VampiricLugia said:
Price drop? Well....I don't see that one coming for a while....Sony digging a deeper grave is well...stupid...but...okay it's likely.

And on the HD DVD vs. Blu-Ray? You're still counting out the DVD format. That one is DEFFINATELY the king of the castle right now. So until it can be replaced indeffinately, DVD is the only constant.

Of course, I agree with you. DVD is the king of the mountain for this generation. However, we are talking about the next generation here. As I said, when more HDTVs are put into living rooms across the world, the next generation media formats will emerge and become mainstream. When you really think about it, replacing DVD with Next Gen Media Disc is not going to be as hard as say replacing VHS with DVD, since any next generation player will be backward compatible to DVD, so you won't need to throw away all of your existing DVD collection or get a dual player. Instead of talking about DVD, a more likely contender for the next generation media is the "on-demand" or Hi def video downloading services. Like it or not, the next generation is dawning upon us.

Back