Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
Well obviously many of my posting is going to be heavily edited, regardless of what I post by Prez. whether it's on topic, or if it's just because he's a power hungry ego maniac that needs something to do, regardless of that, I was thinking of having a debate forum. In the rules, you speak upon debates, yet there can't be any debates due to certain moderators delete them due to this "trolling" ordeal. So a debate forum would be a nice addition, whether gaming wise or political aspects should be accepted.

Hmm... I reckon it won't be so good an idea as it's really asking for flaming to occur which can easily arise from debating.

I agree with you. A debate forum would be a good idea. That way we could get more members, you included Kamikaze, to stop attacking people, and start attacking opinions.

And you obviously have a problem with me, so don't be afraid to come right out with it. I do respect the way you "keep it real".
You are obviously not used to my type of of moderating style, in fact most of the people here aren't. And you have had no problem from moderators before, but this is different. I am different.
My moderating style is how a forum is supposed to be run, and it will stay, regardless of members constantly arguing/harrassing me with pms.
Welcome to the NEW forum, Kamikaze, I do not wish to fight with you OR delete your posts. But I do as the rules tell me.
If you can somehow change the rules, than you have me beat.

Riviet said:
Hmm... I reckon it won't be so good an idea as it's really asking for flaming to occur which can easily arise from debating.

Thing is, when ever I stir up something that shall start up a debate, many people (including moderators) take it up as trolling/flaming. But if this is accepted, I don't see myself talking about gaming wise the majority of the time, as many of my views also connect around current events, medical journals and the ever-so-controversial political issues (which can be propaganda, slandering, and all the fun stuff.). Once you actually get to see a heated up debate, you might think it's trolling/flaming, but this even happens in the real world. So why not add some spice to the soup, so to speak.

I agree with you. A debate forum would be a good idea. That way we could get more members, you included Kamikaze, to stop attacking people, and start attacking opinions.

And you obviously have a problem with me, so don't be afraid to come right out with it. I do respect the way you "keep it real".
You are obviously not used to my type of of moderating style, in fact most of the people here aren't. And you have had no problem from moderators before, but this is different. I am different.
My moderating style is how a forum is supposed to be run, and it will stay, regardless of members constantly arguing/harrassing me with pms.
Welcome to the NEW forum, Kamikaze, I do not wish to fight with you OR delete your posts. But I do as the rules tell me.
If you can somehow change the rules, than you have me beat.

See, this is the situation I am exactly talking about. At first, I do not attack people, I criticize opinions and give contructive criticism, but many people (including yourself) take that as trolling and flaming. And when someone happens to bicker and slander me in a way, I will obviously go with the same treatment as they gave myself. I have never had a problem with you, but you've been deleting my posts on a power-hungry style basis, as well as heavily editing them too. I've dealt with many moderators that are like you, and the results weren't positive (on both sides of the table.). You may see your moderating style as one way, and I'll see it as another. But from the way you've been acting so far, I see your moderating style as some totalitarian, which in your perspective may seem fit and ruled correctly, but all in all many people won't share that perspective that you do, including myself. I'm more for a democratic (sometimes anarch) type of leadership. You may be asking upon why an anarch, but if there's some heat within a subject between persons, I believe the situation should be handled and settled by all parties involved, and afterward the consequence being handeled. Don't patronize me with welcoming words, as if this is a start of a new aged era, because it's not.

The majority of the posters here wish to share a discussion, but once met, I just give them simple facts that sort of cancel out their fantasy of someone belonging where and to, and for that simple fact it was taken into consideration as trolling, flaming, harrassment, and all in all only I was to blame for it? And whether you wish to admit it or not, arguing on the forums is normal. If you wish for everything to be strict and tidy, do you honestly think anyone will get any enjoyment out of it? If it was so strict and tidy, what use will there be for moderators? I do understand that you are a new moderator to this forum, but add some leeway in between to make sure not everything is about as tight as a 10 year old buttock. If you're going to read straight from the rule book how can you enforce what needs to be enforced? Or should I ask the question who enforces the enforcers? And when that question is answered who enforces the enforcers that enforce the enforcers? If you do not get what I'm saying, it's that if someone makes a minor mistake, you're going to be there to fix it? But what if the enforcer (clearly stating someone in your position) makes this minor mistake, who shall enforce them? (Clearly the Administrator). But, if the enforcer of the enforcer makes a mistake, who shall clarify it to them that they've made the mistake? All strict moderating does is create a revolt. As for me fighting with you, it's not just you, it's anyone who decides to trash my ideas my questioning my ethnicity as well as intelligence, and by that, they shall be taken care of, personally be me.

Kami, this is in fact the start of a new era, in the fact that I became a mod for a reason.
I saw this forum going down the crapper quickly, and I didn't like it that way.
So I decided to step up, and I know that many people will not agree with my style, but, to be honest, too bad.
It comes down to this... I will do what I feel needs to be done (which is from experience by the way), and I will do so as long as I have moderating powers.

And to address your first point, I have ONLY edited/deleted posts of yours which have included swearing, or insulting people directly (and of course, extremely off topic posts).
You are 100% free to express any opinions you wish. My only wish for people like you, is to follow the rules set by i0n.
This includes not swearing at people, and doing the best you can not to insult them.
This has not been enforced before, so perhaps you have gotten used to that.
But now, it WILL be enforced, no question. That is all.
If you can defend your actions, and prove that what you did is by NO means wrong, according to the rules, I will admit being wrong, and I will be administered an appropriate punishment, just like regualr members would be.

Edit: I should also add, that along with those very simple rules that I enforce, a post that only sais "Search, dammit", and such, will be most likely deleted. This is because it adds nothing, and doesn't solve any problem(s) that the poster may be having. If you want to tell them to search, answer their question first.

Now that you know those very, very few rules that I go by (and are the only ones that apply to your actions), i really hope there won't be any more problems. And yes, you might have to change your posting style, for that I appologize, I wouldn't want to have to change either.

wow guys, you relize your talking to eachother, writing huge things, and youll probably never even see eachother face to face?

btw i take kami's side

Sovieto said:
wow guys, you relize your talking to eachother, writing huge things, and youll probably never even see eachother face to face?

btw i take kami's side
He wanted to talk, so we are talking. Can you suggest a better way of solving our differences?

Sovieto said:
complete task 1 and it should answer your question
You say you agree with kami, yet you are acting exactly the opposite.
Its people like you that I have a problem with way more than kami.
We just finished talking about members being able to express their opinion freely, and such, without mods deleting/editing it.
Yet if i were to delete your (obviously) stupid post, you wouldn't let me hear the end of it.

Prez said:
You say you agree with kami, yet you are acting exactly the opposite.
Its people like you that I have a problem with way more than kami.
We just finished talking about members being able to express their opinion freely, and such, without mods deleting/editing it.
Yet if i were to delete your (obviously) stupid post, you wouldn't let me hear the end of it.
woah, about to use WiiChat.com Chat:

THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR!!!!

stupid post!?! i think it just about wrapped up the argument. and im just expressing my opinion freely you lil flaming ps3 fanboy!!

Sovieto said:
woah, about to use WiiChat.com Chat:

THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR!!!!

stupid post!?! i think it just about wrapped up the argument. and im just expressing my opinion freely you lil flaming ps3 fanboy!!
So you honestly do believe that I should complete task 1 (getting a girlfriend), and that will solve all the problems going on with moderators and members who don't think the moderators are editting posts properly?

Prez said:
Kami, this is in fact the start of a new era, in the fact that I became a mod for a reason.
I saw this forum going down the crapper quickly, and I didn't like it that way.
So I decided to step up, and I know that many people will not agree with my style, but, to be honest, too bad.
It comes down to this... I will do what I feel needs to be done (which is from experience by the way), and I will do so as long as I have moderating powers.

And to address your first point, I have ONLY edited/deleted posts of yours which have included swearing, or insulting people directly (and of course, extremely off topic posts).
You are 100% free to express any opinions you wish. My only wish for people like you, is to follow the rules set by i0n.
This includes not swearing at people, and doing the best you can not to insult them.
This has not been enforced before, so perhaps you have gotten used to that.
But now, it WILL be enforced, no question. That is all.
If you can defend your actions, and prove that what you did is by NO means wrong, according to the rules, I will admit being wrong, and I will be administered an appropriate punishment, just like regualr members would be.

Edit: I should also add, that along with those very simple rules that I enforce, a post that only sais "Search, dammit", and such, will be most likely deleted. This is because it adds nothing, and doesn't solve any problem(s) that the poster may be having. If you want to tell them to search, answer their question first.

Now that you know those very, very few rules that I go by (and are the only ones that apply to your actions), i really hope there won't be any more problems. And yes, you might have to change your posting style, for that I appologize, I wouldn't want to have to change either.

So what you're saying is, if I happen to use a vulgar word, it shall be deleted? That's quite moronic actually. Who cares if I say: I don't give two shits, or I don't give a damn. Now I understand you're making an attempt to clean up, but to slap people on the wrists for swearing? Again, that's quite moronic. Now if it had to deal with ethnicity or racism (in which many of the cases it has been against me), then I completely understand that for. But as my text says, I am a certified asshole. Should I just change that to say certified A-Hole or butthole? No, it sounds juvenille and stupid. As with my "extremely off topic" posts, they have actually been on topic, as I've put them in a way where if I am getting off topic, I happen to catch myself right back on topic. So what you're clearly stating is that if someone is a bit off topic because they happen to be bringing an example or responding to someone else's thoughts, it shall be deleted? Because that's all I clearly had been doing, yet I am at the wrong for it. You can at least admit that you've been a bit overboard with me lately upon the deleting upon 6-7 posts of mine that had clearly been right on topic. And if you don't want me to yell at people for making repetitive threads, I'll simply have a copy and paste phrase that says the following:

Hey, I can tell you're new here, welcome. Although you may not know this, there's already multiple threads upon the topic of which you are speaking of, I'll gladly be able to answer your question in that thread if you just use the search feature.

From now on, I'll just use that, and it's being friendly, polite and directing them to a thread that they are looking for. Or I can google some random pictures and put some text on it, saying to use the search feature, which is also always quite fun to do. And although I0n won't respond to me personally, don't know why, but I could care less. I know since I have suggested a debate forum, since he happens to think of me as some sort of inferior I can see that it won't happen, sadly because it came from the jackass of the forums. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back