Ok now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prez said:
So you honestly do believe that I should complete task 1 (getting a girlfriend), and that will solve all the problems going on with moderators and members who don't think the moderators are editting posts properly?
Totally, right on.

Kamikaze said:
You must be one pussy whipped kid then if a girl solves all your problems.
Well maybe you should get one and find out why it solves problems dealing with this, not all problems, I did not state it solved all problems.

.... A very interesting debate. I say keep the debate forum it's a good idea. Only problem is I'm agreeing not debating....

Sovieto said:
Well maybe you should get one and find out why it solves problems dealing with this, not all problems, I did not state it solved all problems.

Well good for you, if you're so whipped why are you on here posting then? It just relieves stress, which I'm stress free of, but then again builds up stress. So other than your girlfriend talk, this has nothing to do with the debate, so go and post elsewhere.

Mario Famous said:
If you actually getting laid it solves 99.9% of problems....Actually, you don't think of your problems at all.

And when you don't think of your problems (i.e. bills you have to pay) that builds up to even a higher debt. So essentially it evens out in a way. Now anyway, I have to attempt to convince I0n for this, and he hates my ass, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Kamikaze said:
Well good for you, if you're so whipped why are you on here posting then? It just relieves stress, which I'm stress free of, but then again builds up stress. So other than your girlfriend talk, this has nothing to do with the debate, so go and post elsewhere.
I'm not the one, writing 3 paragraph posts, arguing about words taking away from someone you don't know on the interweb.

Kamikaze said:
So what you're saying is, if I happen to use a vulgar word, it shall be deleted? That's quite moronic actually. Who cares if I say: I don't give two shits, or I don't give a damn. Now I understand you're making an attempt to clean up, but to slap people on the wrists for swearing? Again, that's quite moronic. Now if it had to deal with ethnicity or racism (in which many of the cases it has been against me), then I completely understand that for. But as my text says, I am a certified asshole. Should I just change that to say certified A-Hole or butthole? No, it sounds juvenille and stupid. As with my "extremely off topic" posts, they have actually been on topic, as I've put them in a way where if I am getting off topic, I happen to catch myself right back on topic. So what you're clearly stating is that if someone is a bit off topic because they happen to be bringing an example or responding to someone else's thoughts, it shall be deleted? Because that's all I clearly had been doing, yet I am at the wrong for it. You can at least admit that you've been a bit overboard with me lately upon the deleting upon 6-7 posts of mine that had clearly been right on topic. And if you don't want me to yell at people for making repetitive threads, I'll simply have a copy and paste phrase that says the following:

Hey, I can tell you're new here, welcome. Although you may not know this, there's already multiple threads upon the topic of which you are speaking of, I'll gladly be able to answer your question in that thread if you just use the search feature.

From now on, I'll just use that, and it's being friendly, polite and directing them to a thread that they are looking for. Or I can google some random pictures and put some text on it, saying to use the search feature, which is also always quite fun to do. And although I0n won't respond to me personally, don't know why, but I could care less. I know since I have suggested a debate forum, since he happens to think of me as some sort of inferior I can see that it won't happen, sadly because it came from the jackass of the forums. :thumbsup:

Ok, i believe in the first paragraph there your kind of putting words in my mouth. I'm ok with you using vulger words every so often, i'm just not ok with it being directed at others, thats where I draw the line. In doing this, I guess you can say i'm thinking more of the younger members. I know if their on the internet, i'm sure it's nothing too new to them, so feel free to swear if you think it's nessessary, I just don't want to see fights breaking out because someone was called a certain name (not directed at you, but you can see how such a thing could happen).

As for your polite "search please" speech, thank you for offering a compromise, I do appreciate that. But what I am trying to do is to get people to only be able to tell a user to search, if it is accompanied by a response to the actual question that was being asked.
This way, their question is answered, no one gets mad and flames, and said "noob" is more likely to search next time.
Even a redirection to the appropriate thread would be completely acceptable, and appreciated.
But, as it is getting late, and I have homework to finish, and I don't like to leave conversations like this unfinished, I'm not going to ask that you change everything about yourself, but I would very much appreciate if you did even make an effort with your "search" speech.
Its a great start, and hopefully other members will follow the example of a popular poster on the forum, like yourself.

All this girlfriend stuff has nothing to do with this topic, take it elsewhere.
As for sovieto, if you are unable to enjoy a conversation that makes you think (A 3 paragraph one, in this case), than stay away from it.
If you can't stay on topic, don't post, period. I've been pretty lenient with this thread so far, but any further off topic posting, and I'm going to have to do something about it.

Prez said:
Ok, i believe in the first paragraph there your kind of putting words in my mouth. I'm ok with you using vulger words every so often, i'm just not ok with it being directed at others, thats where I draw the line. In doing this, I guess you can say i'm thinking more of the younger members. I know if their on the internet, i'm sure it's nothing too new to them, so feel free to swear if you think it's nessessary, I just don't want to see fights breaking out because someone was called a certain name (not directed at you, but you can see how such a thing could happen).

As for your polite "search please" speech, thank you for offering a compromise, I do appreciate that. But what I am trying to do is to get people to only be able to tell a user to search, if it is accompanied by a response to the actual question that was being asked.
This way, their question is answered, no one gets mad and flames, and said "noob" is more likely to search next time.
Even a redirection to the appropriate thread would be completely acceptable, and appreciated.
But, as it is getting late, and I have homework to finish, and I don't like to leave conversations like this unfinished, I'm not going to ask that you change everything about yourself, but I would very much appreciate if you did even make an effort with your "search" speech.
Its a great start, and hopefully other members will follow the example of a popular poster on the forum, like yourself.
Wow, look at that, exactly 3 paragraphs, I think my preachings are done here.

Back to topic?......

I believe that a debate section would be a good addition to this forum.

It would be a great addition, I mean video games are cool to discuss about, but spicing it up with political and controversial topics are bound to get more members and certain aspects of the forum MAY mature up a bit due to this. Also, I think if there would be a debate forum it should be for exclusive members only. There should be a thread, in which there's certain subjects going around, and in order to be allowed to enter the thread (would be better if it's via permission mask instead of password.) you must peform outstanding upon your views whether or not you may have won the fair share of the audience.

I'm not the one, writing 3 paragraph posts, arguing about words taking away from someone you don't know on the interweb.

But yet you're the one whining and moaning upon how long posts are and how you wish not to read them, if you do not feel like reading them you can simply just view another thread. Now isn't that such a simple solution for such a whiny little boy? :)

Wow, look at that, exactly 3 paragraphs, I think my preachings are done here.

Quite ironic, you can't preach. Your posts are no longer than 5 sentences long.

I object to this thread going one about Prez getting a girl friend most tend to cause more probs than they solve

Anyway I0n and any of the staff hold the right to edit/erase posts that may offend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back