Okay guys and gals...

kissoff182 said:
I'd like to make a comment about weight. Whether you're a man or a woman, I think you should be concerned about your weight and the amount of fat in your body, not because it's more or less attractive, but because maintaining a healthy weight is important. I am by no means a skinny little girl, but I also make sure that I eat healthy and that I don't get disgustingly overweight.

I think that saying skinny girls are fake is just as bad as saying fat girls are disgusting; it could be even worse. Granted there can be problems that cause low metabolism such as hypothyroidism, which there is a treatment for (I should know; I was born without a thyroid), no one is just born fat. Eating unhealthy food is learned. No, you're right, no one is born anorexic either. What is genetic is body shape and bone structure. Some people really can't help whether they are big (NOT FAT) or small (what you may call flat-assed and flat-chested).

I guess my whole point is that it's not fair to call a model fake just because she happens to be thinner than you. Once again, I am by no means a model, nor could I ever be one because I could NEVER be that skinny without being unhealthy; my body just doesn't fit that shape. Some girls can be that skinny and healthy.

Of course, I see what you're saying, pictures in magazines are airbrushed, etc., etc., but how many times have you noticed some girls saying about another girl (whether she's a magazine model or not), who happens to be skinny, that she's SO FAKE and SO UGLY because she's TOO SKINNY? SO unfair.

i have but 2 words to say

"SO TRUE!"

people stereotype too much saying "oh shes fake" cause of how pretty she is. i know ALOT of naturally pretty girls who have the luxioury of waking up in the AM and rolling out of bed and looking almost flawless!

ive also been to atlantic city in NJ and have met alot of celebrities. i got to meet the entire cast of the sopranos, i met kareem abdul jabar (whos taller than me sitting down!!!!! :yikes: ) i met gizelle bunchin who i swear to god is PERFECT behind the camera. she had natural makeup which you can tell she had on some foundation and mascara but it wasnt the heavy lipsticks like you see in the victoria secret adds and i also met tyra banks on the set of her TV show. tyra banks BOASTS that she is real if youve ever actually watched her show instead of turning it off because "shes an airhead model" shes very intellegent and attractive. shes got curves and a real figure like all women do.

i think guys focus too much on being "fake" BUT then again, theyd kill to be with a tyra, or a gizelle, or angelina jolie........just like these cookie cutter thin girls who actually dont starve themselves i know for a fact! (my friend is from russia and she can outeat a man ANY day and she still fits into a size 3/4 jeans and xsmall shirt- she has no boobies LMAO!)

so i agree with kissoff, just because a girl is skinny, doesnt mean she has an eating disorder, and just because a girl wears makeup to be "pretty" doesnt mean shes fake either......

Back