Okay guys and gals...

The_Loose_Cannon said:
if youve ever watched the cartoon "american dad" on FOX, im francine and my bf is stan smith LMAO! i swear to god thats EXACTLY how my bf acts, just like stan!

Do you guys have an alien hiding in your house as well? :p:lol:

~Marisa~ said:
Do you guys have an alien hiding in your house as well? :p:lol:

i WISH i had an alien like rodger in my attic! LMAO!!!!!!!! sh*t thats my all time reason as to why i watch that show! i love the one where stan drinks that toxic chemical with the biohazard mark on the thermos cause its "not soup" and they are quarentiend in the house LMAO! and rodger wants to install DIMMER SWITCHES!!!!!!!

or the one where stan and rodger switch places and rodger becomes a used car salesman and stan sits home drunk and eats the chocodiles for the first time since hes "pretty sure he asked for pecan sandies" that francine didnt bring home and he says "THESE CHOCODILES FRANCINE OMG THESE CHOCODILES OMG!"

im crying im laughing so hard! LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man there sure have been some interesting responses, I'd be lying if I said I didn't learn something about how others feel about the opposite sex lol.

I'd say, I don't find 'conventional' looking girls super-attractive; the 'glamorous' look just doesn't cut it for me. My thing would have to be rocker/metal girls, girls who go to concerts, mosh pits, and listen to something shreddin :)

Fishnets always look sexy, I like short girls (I'm about 6'3/6'4 but pretty skinny), black hair always looks good, although multicolour hair can be pretty damn sexy :D Dreadlocks on a girl are HOT (as long as they're neat and clean - ferral dreads are a turnoff). Big eyes are cute, I'm not too fussed about the colour :p

I guess I don't usually go for the "girly" girls. I like girls who wear skate shoes, baggy jeans (with a tight top, gotta haf some definition somewhere :p ) medium build (I can't stand really skinny girls, but as long as shes not obese I don't mind), who are short, with medium length hair - maybe to about her shoulders, a little longer?

Oh she must also like similar music to me, be open minded, (she's gotta give games a go!) and look cute in my clothes :)

Hope thats not too drawn out :p

Ezekiel86 said:
Man there sure have been some interesting responses, I'd be lying if I said I didn't learn something about how others feel about the opposite sex lol.

I'd say, I don't find 'conventional' looking girls super-attractive; the 'glamorous' look just doesn't cut it for me. My thing would have to be rocker/metal girls, girls who go to concerts, mosh pits, and listen to something shreddin :)

Fishnets always look sexy, I like short girls (I'm about 6'3/6'4 but pretty skinny), black hair always looks good, although multicolour hair can be pretty damn sexy :D Dreadlocks on a girl are HOT (as long as they're neat and clean - ferral dreads are a turnoff). Big eyes are cute, I'm not too fussed about the colour :p

I guess I don't usually go for the "girly" girls. I like girls who wear skate shoes, baggy jeans (with a tight top, gotta haf some definition somewhere :p ) medium build (I can't stand really skinny girls, but as long as shes not obese I don't mind), who are short, with medium length hair - maybe to about her shoulders, a little longer?

Oh she must also like similar music to me, be open minded, (she's gotta give games a go!) and look cute in my clothes :)

Hope thats not too drawn out :p

One of the better responses of the night haha. I'm glad you can appreciate a girl who dares to be different than the typical girls who wear layers of makeup and hairspray crusty hairspray on every single morning. It frustrates me to see the girls who can't even walk out of the house without make-up on.

If you consider all aspects, all that make-up and hair products will make them look older in the end. The less chemicals they use, the younger and more beautiful they'll look - but they just don't get that.

I also agree on the baggy jeans, I think those skin-tight painted on jeans that a lot of girls wear are yucky.

The thread definantly has opened my eyes to the many different preferances in the opposite sex. Just goes to show that all those "beautiful" girls and guys in magazines aren't so beautiful when it comes to individual opinions.

Which makes me wonder, if modeling agencies want their models to sell clothing, why are they so close-minded when it comes to the looks of the model? Why must the model be skinny, no breasts and tall? Why not have a model who's goth, or curvy, or has dread locks etc? If they truly want to sell stuff, I say they start putting REAL girls on the runway of MANY different looks and styles - cause if they want to relate to people then they seriously need to open their horizon.

~Marisa~ said:
One of the better responses of the night haha. I'm glad you can appreciate a girl who dares to be different than the typical girls who wear layers of makeup and hairspray crusty hairspray on every single morning. It frustrates me to see the girls who can't even walk out of the house without make-up on.

If you consider all aspects, all that make-up and hair products will make them look older in the end. The less chemicals they use, the younger and more beautiful they'll look - but they just don't get that.

I also agree on the baggy jeans, I think those skin-tight painted on jeans that a lot of girls wear are yucky.

The thread definantly has opened my eyes to the many different preferances in the opposite sex. Just goes to show that all those "beautiful" girls and guys in magazines aren't so beautiful when it comes to individual opinions.

Which makes me wonder, if modeling agencies want their models to sell clothing, why are they so close-minded when it comes to the looks of the model? Why must the model be skinny, no breasts and tall? Why not have a model who's goth, or curvy, or has dread locks etc? If they truly want to sell stuff, I say they start putting REAL girls on the runway of MANY different looks and styles - cause if they want to relate to people then they seriously need to open their horizon.

Actually, over here anyway, a lot of companies are doing this more often, using normal sized girls. Especially now that our media has started frowning upon model-size as it is clinically underweight. And also, Im 99% sure most guys do not like super skinny girls anyway, its the broadcast media that makes girls bulemic. :incazzato:

~Marisa~ said:

It's nice to see someone understands where I'm coming from with this :) I went to highschool with alot of girls of the calibre you describe, and I did not find them particuarly attractive, well, mostly because there really was not alot which set them apart from most other people - they had the same interests, tastes in clothes/fashion and styles as each other, and all they really could talk about was "going shopping" and their "boyfriends" and I mean... Variety anyone?! With no real desire to try anything different like that... Such a closed-minded approach made them look more like faceless spectres to me instead of attractive, intelligent people.

~Marisa~ said:

I totally agree with what you say in both paragraphs: To be honest, I really don't find the girls in the catalogues particularly attractive, although they're conventionally "attractive", I just sense no real person behind all the makeup and threads.

It would certainly be nice if modelling agencies could be more open-minded, instead of accepting only anorexic/flat-chested girls - How many girls actually look like that anyway? What name of unhealthy lifestyle would one need to obtain a look like that? I'm sad to say I would lose alot of respect for them if any of my friends tried to change themselves just to fit that sort of image.

I believe the problem is (as I think Marisa stated this earlier) social expectations, the conventions of what is considered "beautiful" and anything else must be "ugly". It really hurts me to see women subject themselves to the routines of modern "beauty" out of fear of being considered "ugly and unwanted".

Media and Society have warped the meaning of beauty so much that alot of women forget how beautiful they really are.

Ezekiel86 said:
It's nice to see someone understands where I'm coming from with this :) I went to highschool with alot of girls of the calibre you describe, and I did not find them particuarly attractive, well, mostly because there really was not alot which set them apart from most other people - they had the same interests, tastes in clothes/fashion and styles as each other, and all they really could talk about was "going shopping" and their "boyfriends" and I mean... Variety anyone?! With no real desire to try anything different like that... Such a closed-minded approach made them look more like faceless spectres to me instead of attractive, intelligent people.

I totally agree with what you say in both paragraphs: To be honest, I really don't find the girls in the catalogues particularly attractive, although they're conventionally "attractive", I just sense no real person behind all the makeup and threads.

It would certainly be nice if modelling agencies could be more open-minded, instead of accepting only anorexic/flat-chested girls - How many girls actually look like that anyway? What name of unhealthy lifestyle would one need to obtain a look like that? I'm sad to say I would lose alot of respect for them if any of my friends tried to change themselves just to fit that sort of image.

I believe the problem is (as I think Marisa stated this earlier) social expectations, the conventions of what is considered "beautiful" and anything else must be "ugly". It really hurts me to see women subject themselves to the routines of modern "beauty" out of fear of being considered "ugly and unwanted".

Media and Society have warped the meaning of beauty so much that alot of women forget how beautiful they really are.

You definantly hit the nail on the head with that. I remember hearing recently about a model who died at the age of 21 from Anorexia. All the fashion agencies are getting a lot of heat from it because they're constantly telling the girls to lose more weight and don't focus on their health. I know they realize that those girls are 5'11-6'0 tall and taller people naturally weigh more. A 5'11 girl is not supposed to weigh 100 pounds.

It hurts me to see my little sister who is 12 becoming so concerned with how she looks. I mean, she's not the "mini-prep" kind but she's becoming self-concious and is terrified of becoming fat, even though she's an adorable child who shouldn't start burdening herself with that crap.

When I was 13, I was a chubby kid and my life was hell in school because of it. I remember wanting so badly to be beautiful and accepted. I remember wanting the popular girls to like me but as I grew up into my own skin and lost all the weight, I realized that it's not what it appears to be - It's all sparkle and shine with no glory...Now, I could not care less what people think about me. I can go outside with no make-up, torn up clothes and messed up hair and just simply not care.

I so believe that many girls are more beautiful than they give themselves credit for and that beauty does not mean layers of make-up, air brushed legs, fashionable clothing or fancy purses. Beauty is so much more than that and the sooner that the media figures that out, the better off the world will be.

i like moderate weight girl about my height (5'6) with straight hair (brown or blonde preferably but doesn't really matter) and listens to good music not hippity-hop (Old Lady from Ladykillers) or justin timberlake or crap like that.

I'd like to make a comment about weight. Whether you're a man or a woman, I think you should be concerned about your weight and the amount of fat in your body, not because it's more or less attractive, but because maintaining a healthy weight is important. I am by no means a skinny little girl, but I also make sure that I eat healthy and that I don't get disgustingly overweight.

I think that saying skinny girls are fake is just as bad as saying fat girls are disgusting; it could be even worse. Granted there can be problems that cause low metabolism such as hypothyroidism, which there is a treatment for (I should know; I was born without a thyroid), no one is just born fat. Eating unhealthy food is learned. No, you're right, no one is born anorexic either. What is genetic is body shape and bone structure. Some people really can't help whether they are big (NOT FAT) or small (what you may call flat-assed and flat-chested).

I guess my whole point is that it's not fair to call a model fake just because she happens to be thinner than you. Once again, I am by no means a model, nor could I ever be one because I could NEVER be that skinny without being unhealthy; my body just doesn't fit that shape. Some girls can be that skinny and healthy.

Of course, I see what you're saying, pictures in magazines are airbrushed, etc., etc., but how many times have you noticed some girls saying about another girl (whether she's a magazine model or not), who happens to be skinny, that she's SO FAKE and SO UGLY because she's TOO SKINNY? SO unfair.

Back