Onslaught Wii (FPS, WiiWare, Online Co-Op)

I don't get it...

watch one of the video. "thats why you are still a kid" is this weird japanese line that comes up every few seconds.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bCxCzXqC78"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bCxCzXqC78[/ame]

look at around 2:03

Still don't get it.. people are looking forward to a mediocre basically on-rails shooter just because it is cheap? Why not just get RE:UC or House of the Dead...?

It's not on-rails .. .. ..

Notice "basically". Which it basically is. The ONLY difference between it and an on-rails shooter would be you can strafe left and right as you shoot. Aside from that, you walk forward, no cover or anything, a wave of enemies pops up, clear them, walk forward, and so on. They could make any on-rails shooter like this, they just need to pop off the rails so you can vaguely call it a FPS. If you don't believe me, imagine that video on-rails, and tell me how different it'd be..

Though, I didn't think this would actually fool people, but it did! :lol:

Last edited:
Still don't get it.. people are looking forward to a mediocre basically on-rails shooter just because it is cheap? Why not just get RE:UC or House of the Dead...?

sigh, we are making fun of random things japanese devs put in english in a game but it makes no sense.

meh .. .. .. until you've played it .. .. .. or seen one of the less direct levels.

But don't let that spoil your derision of people having a laugh ;)

Onslaught scored a 9 on WiiWare World and a 6 on IGN. After playing it for a couple of hours I think that it's somewhere in the middle, in fact I'd probably give it 7.5 exactly.

Certainly not the best FPS on Wii but suprisingly not the worst either. Fighting the bugs is reminiscent of a low budget Starship Troopers (or perhaps N64's Body Harvest) and it would be interesting to see a full blown retail game with a bug blasting focus (Escape From Bug Island doesn't count).

Last edited:
Yeah I heard the single player stuff was a bit dull but the multiplayer is where the game shines. Still a nice little game for WiiWare though.

Onslaught scored a 9 on WiiWare World and a 6 on IGN. After playing it for a couple of hours I think that it's somewhere in the middle, in fact I'd probably give it 7.5 exactly.

ONM gave it 78% .. .. .. do you work for them :smilewinkgrin:

Fighting the bugs is reminiscent of a low budget Starship Troopers

It just needs a bit more Denise Richards :lol:

Onslaught kicks butt!!!

I have Onslaught. It's so awesome, but it sucks that it's not versus only co-op. But It's still one of the best WiiWare games I've ever played.

f_textabovemym_0eaf13f.jpg

Last edited:
Back