Pitfall Wii Help

Thanks 1995hoo

That was very helpful, thanks 1995hoo. You understood exactly where i was; sorry for not providing the level names. I got up those three platforms and through the exit, then saw some guy in a trance that i couldn't wake up. We were able to move on and get around the scorpions, swung on the vines and I think landed near/on the cockpit. I tried for a bit to get into the light blue window, but then had to go back to work (will try again later). One thing that I did notice is the voices of the guys that seem to be shooting the fireworks (they say something like "ooh, that was a big one!"). I think the most frustrating thing about this game is that it is so dark you can't see anything. I hope you keep an eye on this thread, as you have been very helpful and I am sure I will get stuck again soon. Thanks again.

That was very helpful, thanks 1995hoo. You understood exactly where i was; sorry for not providing the level names. I got up those three platforms and through the exit, then saw some guy in a trance that i couldn't wake up. We were able to move on and get around the scorpions, swung on the vines and I think landed near/on the cockpit. I tried for a bit to get into the light blue window, but then had to go back to work (will try again later). One thing that I did notice is the voices of the guys that seem to be shooting the fireworks (they say something like "ooh, that was a big one!"). I think the most frustrating thing about this game is that it is so dark you can't see anything. I hope you keep an eye on this thread, as you have been very helpful and I am sure I will get stuck again soon. Thanks again.

Turn up the brightness on your TV. You'll find that to be critical when you play underground levels, as you will have a difficult time seeing anything if you do not do this. The first time I played the game it took me over an hour to figure out how to get through one of the underground levels until I stumbled on the idea of turning up the brightness. If your TV is like mine, the brightness setting for the input you use for the video game is independent of the one you use for watching TV, which is nice because it means you need not turn the brightness back down every time (which would drive me NUTS because of how the ice would drown out the rest of the picture during hockey games).

The "guy in the trance" is an Explorer, but since he's behind a spider web you'll have to come back sometime after you get the Torch.

Regarding having to quit the game, I suggest you always save the game when you enter a new level so as not to have to repeat what you already did.

Finally, to get into the plane cockpit after swinging onto the nose of the plane, roll through the little hole in front of you (recall that you learned how to roll back at the Punchau Shrine). As a general rule the game will prompt you as to how to do something or use a skill the FIRST time you have to do it, but after that first time you will be expected to remember for yourself what to do. (When you get a new ability such as, say, the Rising Strike, expect to have to use it several times in very short order.....)

I was in the mountains and went through a small passage and ended up back at the crash site with allegators. Now I am having a very hard time trying to get back to the mountains. I am watching my route and have gone over several paths too many times. Any help?

I was in the mountains and went through a small passage and ended up back at the crash site with allegators. Now I am having a very hard time trying to get back to the mountains. I am watching my route and have gone over several paths too many times. Any help?

I'm unclear on where you are and at what stage of the game you are. It sounds like you went up to the mountains for the first time, found your way through the hole into Cavern Lake, got the Raft, and then went back through the underground river to Jungle Canyon (where you first encountered gators). Is that correct? If so, you need to go to the caverns. Swim under the waterfall and then work on finding your way from there. (You may recall how if you went under this waterfall back at the beginning of the game you would have said "where do I get the Raft???" Now you have your answer!) Go on across the electrified water and prepare to exercise lots of profanity....if you have little kids in the house, put them to bed and make sure they are asleep before you proceed. Give them each a shot of vodka in their milk if needed.

You have to go all the way through the caverns and get the Pickaxes before you go back to the mountains.

Ok, I made it back to the mountains and I am now at cavern lake, where do I find the tnt? I am now at the place where you do the sled run. I have 2 of the stairs up but can't get to the third one.

Last edited:
Ok, I made it back to the mountains and I am now at cavern lake, where do I find the tnt? I am now at the place where you do the sled run. I have 2 of the stairs up but can't get to the third one.

It sounds like you're at Copacanti Lake, the level with the tower-like thing in the middle of the lake. There are three buttons you have to jump on to get the stairs to go up. Two of them are to your right as you enter the level and the third is across the way past the Healing Spring.

TNT comes on the level after the Mountain Sled Run. Enjoy the Sled Run, BTW. I think it is the most entertaining level in the game.

ok, I got past the sled run and it was very entertaining, I got the tnt and have blown up quite a bit and love doing that, now what do I do to get to my next red x? I went under the water fall after the dam and now I don't know what to do.

ok, I got past the sled run and it was very entertaining, I got the tnt and have blown up quite a bit and love doing that, now what do I do to get to my next red x? I went under the water fall after the dam and now I don't know what to do.

There was a black wall near the beginning of the game where you needed TNT and that's where the game wants you to go.

While you're back in the caverns, though, note that there is one Idol and one Shaman that you could not get until you have TNT, both in the Crystal Cavern, so you might want to go on through to retrieve those. It's a lot easier when you can blow everything up, although the problem in the Underground Dam remains the bats that require a Torch such that you can't easily use your TNT there.

Hi we got through the first stage.

And is on the iseland at the plane, we went through the waterfall and got an idol.

We did not manage to get over the two croks but got over the one at the green box jumped on to the shoreline.

Kicked down some pillars got through the monkeys trying to kill harry with coconuts. did all the vine swings and a found a Sharman and he gave us something purple not sure what that was.

Got over the three crocks and through the area where you have to roll and jump over the poles in a pasage.

We got over the floor that cave in and in a courtyard with and African man jumped out of a bush killed him and then jumped on three stones to realeas the taller stones.

We got to the top and jumped over the hole with the ladder went straight under the skelaton head and found and idol. We did go down the ladder and past the scorpions found a mann behind a spider web abd could not get through it as we did not have the torch.

We got stuck there and could not get back up the ladder started the game over as we found nothing.

We restarted the game and then found that when we left the plane and got over through the vine swings there was one monkey to kill in the pathway. When we loooked up where the big three trunks were lying saw an idol high up we needed the rising strike and also could not get up to get it. Where did we go wrong not to have gotton the canteen the torch and the rising swing please help

Last edited:
Hi we got through the first stage.

And is on the iseland at the plane, we went through the waterfall and got an idol.

We did not manage to get over the two croks but got over the one at the green box jumped on to the shoreline.

Kicked down some pillars got through the monkeys trying to kill harry with coconuts. did all the vine swings and a found a Sharman and he gave us something purple not sure what that was.

Got over the three crocks and through the area where you have to roll and jump over the poles in a pasage.

We got over the floor that cave in and in a courtyard with and African man jumped out of a bush killed him and then jumped on three stones to realeas the taller stones.

We got to the top and jumped over the hole with the ladder went straight under the skelaton head and found and idol. We did go down the ladder and past the scorpions found a mann behind a spider web abd could not get through it as we did not have the torch.

We got stuck there and could not get back up the ladder started the game over as we found nothing.

We restarted the game and then found that when we left the plane and got over through the vine swings there was one monkey to kill in the pathway. When we loooked up where the big three trunks were lying saw an idol high up we needed the rising strike and also could not get up to get it. Where did we go wrong not to have gotton the canteen the torch and the rising swing please help
See the bolded text. That level is the Punchau Shrine. You were going the right way when you went down the hole there. Continue past the spider web through the cave past the scorpions and look for some vines on which you can swing. Those will take you to the next level (prepare to roll through a tiny hole after swinging from the vines).

You will get the Canteen, Torch, and Rising Strike later as you play the game.

Thank you so much for your help. We got through and found the canteen we are in an are now where there is wooden logs tumbling down on us and we have been playing the entire evening to duc the logs but still are unable to do so any advice on this one

Thank you so much for your help. We got through and found the canteen we are in an are now where there is wooden logs tumbling down on us and we have been playing the entire evening to duc the logs but still are unable to do so any advice on this one

It sounds as though you're at the Native Jungle level where you swing across the mud on the vine and then work your way uphill past rolling logs. Jump over them or roll under them (depending on the height for each log) and then jump over the wall.

Hi 1995hoo-

I have gotten much farther along in the last couple of weeks, but am stuck again. We have been in the penguin den for about two weeks, and I can't seem to knock bad Harry in the ice four times in order to get Harry's body back. I can get him into the ice pretty easily the first two times, but always get stuck trying to get him in a third time (although I succeeded once, I am not sure what I did and then he started doing this spinning thing that knocked me right in the icy water). Is there a trick to getting bad Harry in the water the third and fourth times?

Thanks

Hi 1995hoo-

I have gotten much farther along in the last couple of weeks, but am stuck again. We have been in the penguin den for about two weeks, and I can't seem to knock bad Harry in the ice four times in order to get Harry's body back. I can get him into the ice pretty easily the first two times, but always get stuck trying to get him in a third time (although I succeeded once, I am not sure what I did and then he started doing this spinning thing that knocked me right in the icy water). Is there a trick to getting bad Harry in the water the third and fourth times?

Thanks

Yes. Notice how the floor expands as you play that round. The trick to the third time is to let him climb higher up the pillar (basically as high as you dare, higher being better) before you knock him off. He'll fall further out on the floor, closer to the water. On the fourth round, avoid him and wait until he gets dizzy from spinning (think how when you do the pickaxe spin or the Breakdance Strike for too long he gets dizzy—same thing happens here). Then hit him into the water.

I found that level pretty easy except for the annoyance of having to guide the penguin back down to the pillar the first couple of times when I lost—I wished there were some way to skip ahead directly to the fight (aside from having the penguin slide down the hallway). I thought the Monkey Temple was the hardest of these levels (and that the Renegade Fort is the hardest level in the entire game).

Back