Play.com's service sucks.

John Doe

WiiChat Member
Jun 3, 2007
Wii Online Code
8150-2349-4633-0301
Day 1 (03/06) - I order a plasma tv and a couple of small items just for giggles.
Day 2 - I recieve an email late in the afternoon telling me I need to phone to confirm my details.
Day 3 - I phone, confirming all my details. I'm told it will take upto two days for my order to go through at which point I'll recieve an email.
Day 4 - ...
Day 5 - ...
Day 6 - ...
Day 7 - ? Somehow I doubt I'll recieve any email, I'll be calling to complain.

Anyone else had a problem with them? I'll be calling tomorrow, if I get some bs excuse I'll try to squeeze a copy of Mario Strikers Charged out of them to keep me from canceling my order and going elsewhere, and also for the inconvenience (it's worth a try). I'm not even sure I'll be able to accept a delivery at all next week because of work, that is if they do get off their asses.

Also, how the hell can play.com continue to expand their product range but they can't take the time or spend the money to have online/email customer service? It's rediculous for such a popular company in this day and age...

Anyone else had issues with them or similar companies?
FWIW, I've never had a lazy service from anywhere else (I'm talking amazon, hmv, game, gameplay, etc.).

All it should take is a phone call or something to my bank to confirm the order is legit, so why am I now ranting about it on an open forum? (rhetorical question :p ) Yes, maybe I'm too impatient but when I'm told my order will go through within two days I damn well expect it to be within two days! :breathes:

They are a good company, Maybe they're out of stock?
However, the only way to get them to tell you whats going on is to Phone them

It's in stock and yeah, I'll be phoning them first thing in the morning to try and clear things up.

Are you from the UK? Cos for TV's and stuff, they also have to check the house for a TV license and stuff.

I've had very much decent service from them in the past.

If you order "small items" aswell, they usually wait for everything before sending it out. If its in stock (everything) you ordered is usually shipped together.

I've ordered from play.com many,many times and everything has been fine for me.

javjaoll said:
If you order "small items" aswell, they usually wait for everything before sending it out. If its in stock (everything) you ordered is usually shipped together.

I've ordered from play.com many,many times and everything has been fine for me.
Yeah that's what I was gonna say. The postage cost they've charged is to ship it all together, and would rather save some pennies then send it seperately, that's what I think anyway.

The service doesnt suck.

They need everything In Stock, did you check the time that will be dispatched? some you might have to wait longer for them to dispatch.

This is likely to be a one off.

Although, Tv's are harder to ship and take longer.

Wiired said:
Yeah that's what I was gonna say. The postage cost they've charged is to ship it all together, and would rather save some pennies then send it seperately, that's what I think anyway.
I thought postage and packaging was free on play.com because they are based in Jersey that has wierd tax laws (or something)...

...That's what I've found anyway. Either that or I'm somehow cheating the system!

Though I think you're right about the collecting the smaller stuff and sending everything together.

Squall7 said:
I thought postage and packaging was free on play.com because they are based in Jersey that has wierd tax laws (or something)...

...That's what I've found anyway. Either that or I'm somehow cheating the system!

Though I think you're right about the collecting the smaller stuff and sending everything together.
Ahhh you're right! School boy error right there, my bad. Maybe costs them less to buy one big package then aloada little ones :) if due to their tax laws they don't have to pay for that either, then I couldn't have any less ideas left.

No but they would still need to pay for the packaging etc, but maybe it would be like really cheap.

Back