Playstation 2 Price

Skorp

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
Michigan, USA
Wii Online Code
2652-0001-8231-6800
What is a good price for a playstation 2 these days? I figure I might as well catch up on the good games I missed as I did the same with the gamecube.

*pulls out a 100 foot long scroll*
where shall we start?

ok i will just blurt out some good games reviews wise and my opinion wise
killzone
god of war 1+2
GTA
resident evil outbreak 1+2 (all though i think the online servers are shut down now which was the main reason to play)
frequency

hmm this is kinda embarassing, i read your first post quickly and thought it asked WHAT good games you should catch up on
valuable info nonetheless though, right?

the idea is to get good games cheap, ps3 does not fit into that equation hehe. i kind of want a silver ps2 to go with my wii. Best buy says $130. I might just go for that with my first paycheck this summer.

San Andreas, Kingdom Hearts, maybe a final fantasy game. And I'm still way under the cost of a PS3 :yesnod:

what kind of job do you have this summer? If you are young I might recommend working at a restraunt. When I was 16, I worked as a busser, minimum wage plus tips = good. You should be making around 900-1000 bucks a month if you work part time, 5 days a week.

I have been thinking of picking up a ps2 also, but only to play Final Fantasy X and beyond.

Shiftfallout said:
part time, 5 days a week.

Part time usually doesn't come under 5 days a week
I'd say 3 or 4

Nevertheless get a freakin PS2, They are like $180 in UK [£90]
I'd say $150 is cheap

Wii_Smurf said:
Part time usually doesn't come under 5 days a week
I'd say 3 or 4

Nevertheless get a freakin PS2, They are like $180 in UK [£90]
I'd say $150 is cheap

actually its about how many hours you work.

I would get a PS3, to many advanteges. A PS2 is good, if you like the PS2 games, but now that PS3 upscales them to 1080p, it will set you back some more but i havent had any regrets with mine so far. If you buy it later when its cheaper you will have the original PS2 price- 130- plus the dropped PS3 price, all in all you will spend the same as if you just got the PS3 from the get go. Dont forget PS3 games are the same price as 360, so your really getting a better, longer game on a newer format for the price of a DVD game.

i saw something about you wanting a silver PS2? yeah, i wanted one as well, cant get them anymore. apparently they were a limited time only.. this was back around xmas when i was looking.

Shift its not about whether I can afford it or not. I'm working 40 hours doing a very well paid internship. I'll be able to afford a PS3 and a 360 and many games for both along with wii by the end of the summer (Hell by the end of the month actually). I do however feel like spending that amount of money on games is not something I can bring myself to do. I spent most of my younger years playing downloaded computer games for free. I felt guilty paying $250 for a wii. I'm glad I did of course, but I only bought 2 games (besides wii sports). Then I chose to get gamecube games because they were cheaper. Seeing as I missed out on the entire lifespan of the PS2 (other than San Andreas which I played on my roomates PS2), I feel like buying a cheapy PS2 with cheap games is going to be far more fun than VC games and I won't feel as guilty about blowing money on gaming. It has to tell you something when the PS2 is selling far far better than the PS3.

I was out of gaming since the N64 era until the Wii and now I'm somewhat interested again. But honestly not very much could sell me on buying a PS3 over a 360, unless the price came down to something comparable. PS3 is losing many exclusives. It's a far better decision to invest a little more money and just buy a PC instead. Sorry shift, you gotta realize that the PS3 is a little behind at this point.

As for silver ps2s, best buy still has them listed online, just not available in stores. They go for less than $150 on ebay it seems like. But I'm thinking I might just wait till I get back home after the summer and borrow a friends who doesn't play his anymore. Feel free to call me cheap, I am just of the opinion that spending significant amounts of cash on gaming is not prudent.

Last edited:
well remember no person can go wrong with buying a PS2!
Hell, its one of the best consoles ever created...

GamerCon said:
I would get a PS3, to many advanteges. A PS2 is good, if you like the PS2 games, but now that PS3 upscales them to 1080p, it will set you back some more but i havent had any regrets with mine so far. If you buy it later when its cheaper you will have the original PS2 price- 130- plus the dropped PS3 price, all in all you will spend the same as if you just got the PS3 from the get go. Dont forget PS3 games are the same price as 360, so your really getting a better, longer game on a newer format for the price of a DVD game.

LMFAO where to start

1. PS3 makes PS2 games look much worse than they do on PS2
2. I wouldn't pay an extra $500 for worse graphics
3. I'll use TMNT as an example it came to PS2, 360 and Wii; need I say more
4. No guitar hero for you
5. 360 is believed to have better graphics
5. just becaus it's on blu-ray dosn't make it longer or better just newer oh and worse
6. Just leave

The graphics of my ps2 games looked great on my ps3... So yea, I think it's well worth it...
Guitar Hero... Nah... Don't like it.
Blu-ray, makes the game either longer, or better graphics, better than the 360 probably, but doesn't make much difference since they're both great.
I think GamerCon is a great addition to this forum, he knows a lot, just like Shift.

Back